PDA

View Full Version : Dreamgirls Rebroadcast. on ABC

test

franjoy56
02-24-2013, 12:01 AM
While surfing the tv i came acros Dreamgirls tonite it was reshown
on ABC, what a fabulous story so many incidents to the Supremes story of course many twists in the opposite direction. It is ironic that they played it one day after the anniversary of Flo's passing. Jennifer Hudson did the role some real justice. Beyonce wasn't bad either so was Jammie Foxx, and Eddie Murphy. Oh those Supremes-like album covers.

marv2
02-24-2013, 12:38 AM
on ABC, what a fabulous story so many incidents to the Supremes story of course many twists in the opposite direction. It is ironic that they played it one day after the anniversary of Flo's passing. Jennifer Hudson did the role some real justice. Beyonce wasn't bad either so was Jammie Foxx, and Eddie Murphy. Oh those Supremes-like album covers.

It is a bit ironic. I also just heard on CKWW [[Windsor-Detroit) ,I Hear A Symphony that is from the "#1's " collection no doubt because the backing vocals were turned way up.

Rosa Refried
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
I actually watched the DVD last night. What a wonderful film.

franjoy56
02-24-2013, 07:16 PM
AND TO think that only one of the three Original Supremes saw this movie
Diana and Flo did not one wouldn't and one couldn't, but Mary did. I am sure that Jean and Cindy also saw as did the other 70's Supremes.

This movie is one of the top grossing movies on music from 2006 grossing 103,500,000

Jimi LaLumia
02-24-2013, 09:23 PM
i am sure that Miss Ross watched this, even though she'll never admit it..doesn't Motown own the artwork on those Supremes album covers that they ripped off?

smark21
02-24-2013, 10:07 PM
What about Barbara Martin, Lynda Lawrence, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene? They were Supremes. Do you think they saw Dreamgirls or did they skip it?

franjoy56
02-24-2013, 11:26 PM
What about Barbara Martin, Lynda Lawrence, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene? They were Supremes. Do you think they saw Dreamgirls or did they skip it?

I am sure all of the Supremes saw it, Jean may have been a little slow on rushing to the theater to see it, but I am sure she did see it. Diana is another story if she saw it she saw it at home, and someone slipped her a tape of the movie before she contacted her lawyer as she said on the
David Letterman show in 2007. After all she put the Supremes story way behind her once she hit solo stakes.