PDA

View Full Version : The Rascals to Broadway show--the Supremes next?

test

luke
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/the-rascals-broadway_n_2734692.html Motown musical?

imnokid
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't know a lot about the Supremes, because I am not a fan, but I know from what I have read, getting them back together would be a bit...difficult, to say the least.

Kamasu_Jr
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
The article didn't even mention the Supremes. How does one surmise that just because the Rascals are playing Broadway the Supremes will too?

jobeterob
02-22-2013, 08:38 PM
The article didn't even mention the Supremes. How does one surmise that just because the Rascals are playing Broadway the Supremes will too?

Wishful thinking at best; foolish pot stirring at worst?

There are a few references on line to Cindy Birdsong not performing any more due to health reasons.

But she is also maybe doing this: She is currently writing her memoirs, Secrets of a Songbird, to be published in 2012. Although the day passed.

Good for the Rascals.

stephanie
02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Now this is a good idea and the nice thing about it is that ALL of them are living. I figured Steve Van Zandt was behind this. He and Bruce Springsteen dont forget their roots.

marybrewster
02-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Were the Rascals Motown artists? I know the Four Seasons were.

marv2
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Were the Rascals Motown artists? I know the Four Seasons were.

The [[Young) Rascals recorded for Atlantic Records.

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Good idea.... Felix still sounds good, Eddie's voice is shot, which is sad. But I do really want to see the cast that Cynthia girl made of Eddie Brigati's penis.

franjoy56
02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Good idea.... Felix still sounds good, Eddie's voice is shot, which is sad. But I do really want to see the cast that Cynthia girl made of Eddie Brigati's penis. Sorry to hear Eddie's voice is shot in his day he sure could sing two songs in particular

"I ain't gonna eat out my heart anymore' AND "How can I be sure"

Kamasu_Jr
02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Were the Rascals Motown artists? I know the Four Seasons were. The Rascals or Young Rascals had nothing to do with Motown. The original poster knows that and just added the Supremes name to this article, which has nothing to do with the trio, and stuck it in the Motown forum just to get attention for it. Personally, I THINK that kind of thing is annoying.

stephanie
02-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Im glad they did so we could see about the Rascals. Jill you are right Eddies voice is shot now but with Felix at the helm and Dino and Gene they can pull it off. There is a clip on youtube of them doing one song at BB Kings a few years ago and they sounded great.

Kamasu_Jr
02-23-2013, 03:41 PM
This could have been posted on the main forum floor...not in the Motown forum and tagged with the Supremes, which have nothing to do with the Rascals. I'm certain anyone interested in the Rascals would have noticed it there.

floyjoy678
02-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I've heard that there has been a lot of animosity between Eddie and Felix over the years. I'm glad to see they got over it and got back together. Dino is an awesome drummer. And yeah I also don't see what this has to do with the Supremes?

Jimi LaLumia
02-28-2013, 03:40 PM
how about the Jean Terrell Supremes on Broadway?

R. Mark Desjardins
02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't know if the American members of this site who are fans of the Yourng Rascals knew that the Canadian Atlantic pressing of their 45 rpm "Groovin" had a French version on the flip side. Well, it was more "Franglais" [[ a slang expression for half French/Half English) but I sure dug it!