PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross to Appear at Hollywood Bowl, 8/3;

test

jobeterob
02-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Diana Ross to Appear at Hollywood Bowl, 8/3; Dee Dee Bridgewater and More Added to 2013 Season

Thursday, Feb, 21, 2013; 9:12 PM; - by Music News Desk

Related: Diana Ross, Hollywood Bowl, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Lyle Lovett, Jonathan Butler, Yellowjackets

Hollywood-Bowl-2013-Season-Updates-20010101

Diana Ross will appear at the Hollywood Bowl this summer for a special one-night-only performance on Saturday, August 3. Subscriptions are now available for purchase. Single tickets will be available for purchase in early May 2013.

Diana Ross has had a profound influence on American popular culture and has become an icon in the entertainment industry. She is an Academy Award-nominated actress for her unforgettable role as Billie Holiday in Lady Sings The Blues, a Tony and Golden Globe winner, a bestselling author, winner of 8 American Music Awards and a recipient of The Kennedy Center Honors. Her reputation as a woman of great style and beauty has put her on the covers of hundreds of magazines. Ms. Ross has sold over 100 million records and recorded 18 #1 hits. Her music became the sound of young America in the '60s soon after she signed with Motown Records in 1961 with The Supremes. She embarked on her extraordinary solo career in 1970, and has not stopped since. Ms. Ross last performed at the Hollywood Bowl in July 2008.

Also just added to the Hollywood Bowl 2013 summer season is Dee Dee Bridgewater, confirmed as a special guest for Dr. John's Tribute to Louis Armstrong; Lyle Lovett, who will open for Willie Nelson's two-night stand; and Jonathan Butler, Morris Day & The Time, and Yellowjackets, who will perform as part of the annual Smooth Summer Jazz concert.

Read more about Diana Ross to Appear at Hollywood Bowl, 8/3; Dee Dee Bridgewater and More Added to 2013 Season - BWWMusicWorld by music.broadwayworld.com

Penny
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Diana Ross to Appear at Hollywood Bowl, 8/3; Dee Dee Bridgewater and More Added to 2013 Season

Thursday, Feb, 21, 2013; 9:12 PM; - by Music News Desk

Related: Diana Ross, Hollywood Bowl, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Lyle Lovett, Jonathan Butler, Yellowjackets

Hollywood-Bowl-2013-Season-Updates-20010101

Diana Ross will appear at the Hollywood Bowl this summer for a special one-night-only performance on Saturday, August 3. Subscriptions are now available for purchase. Single tickets will be available for purchase in early May 2013.

Diana Ross has had a profound influence on American popular culture and has become an icon in the entertainment industry. She is an Academy Award-nominated actress for her unforgettable role as Billie Holiday in Lady Sings The Blues, a Tony and Golden Globe winner, a bestselling author, winner of 8 American Music Awards and a recipient of The Kennedy Center Honors. Her reputation as a woman of great style and beauty has put her on the covers of hundreds of magazines. Ms. Ross has sold over 100 million records and recorded 18 #1 hits. Her music became the sound of young America in the '60s soon after she signed with Motown Records in 1961 with The Supremes. She embarked on her extraordinary solo career in 1970, and has not stopped since. Ms. Ross last performed at the Hollywood Bowl in July 2008.

Also just added to the Hollywood Bowl 2013 summer season is Dee Dee Bridgewater, confirmed as a special guest for Dr. John's Tribute to Louis Armstrong; Lyle Lovett, who will open for Willie Nelson's two-night stand; and Jonathan Butler, Morris Day & The Time, and Yellowjackets, who will perform as part of the annual Smooth Summer Jazz concert.

Read more about Diana Ross to Appear at Hollywood Bowl, 8/3; Dee Dee Bridgewater and More Added to 2013 Season - BWWMusicWorld by music.broadwayworld.com

It is sad she has to play that dump. What a pity.

Penny;)

smark21
02-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Poor Diane!

Kamasu_Jr
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Isn't this like a step down? I mean when you play places in 2013 that you played in 1967 and they are no longer the best venues...doesn't that say something? Just asking.

jillfoster
02-22-2013, 12:17 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PeP8oIw82PE/SEzkukcx-tI/AAAAAAAABi8/xWjex-fTLSc/s1600/supremes_bowl.jpg

revvy
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't it be just great if The [[real) Supremes could reunite for this one-off show where it all began for Diana, Mary and Cindy? Bring it all home, so to speak. I know Cindy is 73 and not in the best of health from what I understand, but a one-off show for the fans would set the music industry on fire! I know...dream on.

skooldem1
02-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Isn't this like a step down? I mean when you play places in 2013 that you played in 1967 and they are no longer the best venues...doesn't that say something? Just asking.

Ask Barbra Streisand and Aretha Franklin.

skooldem1
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
This is a historic venue. It was renovated.

marv2
02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Wouldn't it be just great if The [[real) Supremes could reunite for this one-off show where it all began for Diana, Mary and Cindy? Bring it all home, so to speak. I know Cindy is 73 and not in the best of health from what I understand, but a one-off show for the fans would set the music industry on fire! I know...dream on.

That would be nice, but Diana Ross does not want to do it.

milven
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Wow! Saying that appearing at Hollywood Bowl is a step down is like saying that appearing at Carnegie Hall is a step down. They are both old places but their age and history make them even more prestigious. A step down would be appearing on a cruise ship, high school auditorium or carnival parking lot after appearing on one of these stages.

marv2
02-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Wow! Saying that appearing at Hollywood Bowl is a step down is like saying that appearing at Carnegie Hall is a step down. They are both old places but their age and history make them even more prestigious. A step down would be appearing on a cruise ship, high school auditorium or carnival parking lot after appearing on one of these stages.

Don't even go there and insult New York like that! the Hollywood Bowl is nowhere near as prestigious or culturally historical as Carnegie Hall. Bad comparison. Try again!

marv2
02-22-2013, 02:51 PM

Playing the Hollywood Bowl is a step down for her. She might as well be playing the Bowlerama....

jobeterob
02-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Mary and Diane are both into the trailer court crowds, I'm sure. Diane is pissed about it, but when you have to do mimeographed dates in the hood for free lunch, it just harkens back to the old days. And even a one off date with Cindy is now history unless they are just going to stand there.

I see the Bowl was reno'ed in the 2009.

But seriously, it says it seats 18,000 people. Diane is not Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber; she was in the 60s and 70s and 80s. Not now.

Are they seriously trying to sell 18000 seats?

dba
02-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow as usual the haters and nay sayers are out in force on this thread. And as always they are tiresome and ill informed.

Kamasu_Jr
02-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I was just wondering if playing the bowl was still a prestige gig. You don't hear of major acts playing there anymore.

JohnnyB
02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Mary and Diane are both into the trailer court crowds, I'm sure. Diane is pissed about it, but when you have to do mimeographed dates in the hood for free lunch, it just harkens back to the old days. And even a one off date with Cindy is now history unless they are just going to stand there.

I see the Bowl was reno'ed in the 2009.

But seriously, it says it seats 18,000 people. Diane is not Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber; she was in the 60s and 70s and 80s. Not now.

Are they seriously trying to sell 18000 seats?
She sold it out twice in July of 2008! Friday and Saturday!

rod_rick
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
I was just wondering if playing the bowl was still a prestige gig. you don't hear of acts playing there anymore.

Kamasu
I think the Hollywood bowl is still considered a prestige gig. Check out their schedule. Barbar Striesand was just here in November so yes I would consider it a prestige gig

jobeterob
02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
That is awesome that they are booking Diane into such a huge venue. I didn't know she had sold it out in recent years but I did know it had been recently renovated.

If Motown the Musical is a hit, there will be some bounce from it for sure.

stephanie
02-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Hollywood Bowl still has prestige who wouldnt want to play there.

smark21
02-22-2013, 10:11 PM
I saw Diana Ross there in 2008. Yes it was sold out. Most concerts there do well. It’s a fun night out, sitting under the stars with views of the hills and the lights and the stars. Especially good if you can get a box and arrange to have a picnic dinner and a bottle of wine. This year’s schedule includes the LA Philharmonic, Michael Tilson Thomas, Izthck [[sp.?) Perlman, Josh Groban, Diana Ross, Tony Bennett, the indie band M83 and Earth Wind and Fire. Each year is a mix of classical music, pops, film scores, jazz, legendary oldie acts, current popular performers and some up and comers. Going to the Bowl is still an event in LA.

jobeterob
02-23-2013, 03:30 AM
If Motown the Musical is a success, if Cindy lives in the vicinity maybe she could show up and Mary could come from Las Vegas where she lives with her daughter............and they could at least share a stage and perhaps a bit of a song.

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
The Hollywood Bowl is a real prestigious venue i only wish they would book the first Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves to play there. I know Miss Martha would sell it out and thrill the Hollywood bowl audience. Im going to write the Hollywood Bowl and suggest they book martha reeves for next year.

Roberta

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
That is awesome that they are booking Diane into such a huge venue. I didn't know she had sold it out in recent years but I did know it had been recently renovated.

If Motown the Musical is a hit, there will be some bounce from it for sure.

Yeah, she can sell it out, there are enough shrill, annoying queens in the vicinity to fill that place easily.

jobeterob
02-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Love that for my morning laugh; Jill is often good at a witty one liner.

revvy
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
That is so funny!:D

skooldem1
02-23-2013, 02:17 PM
What is funny about using derogatory names for people, and making it seem as if all Diana Ross concert attendees are gay?

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
That is so funny!:D

You think its funny to stereotype all homosexual gentleman as annoying and shrill revvy? I think its real bigoted. The homosexual gentlemen I am friendly with including my favorite nephew are real nice and classy and dignified.

Roberta

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Love that for my morning laugh; Jill is often good at a witty one liner.

Theres nothing witty about her posting IMO it is insensitive and bigoted and real crass.

Roberta

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Theres nothing witty about her posting IMO it is insensitive and bigoted and real crass.

Roberta

Look here, sugar tits, I can talk about my own people any time I want. And straight people CAN laugh at it... otherwise, Mario Cantone wouldn't have a career.

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 08:06 PM
What is funny about using derogatory names for people, and making it seem as if all Diana Ross concert attendees are gay?

It was a joke referring to the Bowl itself and it's proximity to West Hollywood. You might spend an evening with Mr. Rand McNally sometime.

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Look here, sugar tits, I can talk about my own people any time I want. Capice?

Are saying you are a homosexual gentleman jillfoster? I always thought you was a lady given you are called Jill but maybe you name is Gill and you prefer Jill. FYI its capisce not capice.

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Are saying you are a homosexual gentleman jillfoster?

Yes, and I've said it many times before.

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, and I've said it many times before.

Well you are the only homosexual gentleman or straight man Ive ever heard of thats called Jill but that is a okay.

Roberta

jillfoster
02-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Well you are the only homosexual gentleman or straight man Ive ever heard of thats called Jill but that is a okay.

Roberta

Really? Marybrewster is a man.

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Really? Marybrewster is a man.

Now thats just silly. the name Mary is a lady name.

jobeterob
02-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I think Jill is right and Mary will confirm what he said.

Of course, examined to the "nth" degree [[and that happens here with many things, mostly Supreme and Ross), the comment was bigoted.

But even so................18000 of one kind of person attending a concert would be amusing, especially if they were all shrill and if they moved at the same time, as in a wave. On the other hand, I just had a fright ~ what if Diana got 18000 of her favorite fan out at once???

So I laughed at the comment; we need to laugh once in a while and especially at ourselves.

The Diana Ross concerts I've attended in the last 8 years [[2 only) were 95% attended by grey haired men and women as was the Temptations concert I saw. My recollection is that Diana's crowd was younger.

Roberta75
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I think Jill is right and Mary will confirm what he said.

Of course, examined to the "nth" degree [[and that happens here with many things, mostly Supreme and Ross), the comment was bigoted..

Well if mary brewster and jill foster are homosexual gentlemen then good for them.
It reminds of of being in Gaudalajara last summer with my church and I met a lovely young homosexual man who dress like a woman in the evening to perform at a local club for homosexual men and lesbian ladies. He was made fun of and beat and spat at by some of the people but every night he put on beautiful gowns and worked in the club. I used to talk to him and tell him Jesus would take care of him and we would pray for those who taunt him and then we would go on my commputer and look at Martha Reeves videos on youtube. I loved that young man and love his courage and hope he is still doing his thing in Guadalajara so jill foster and mary brewster i salute you both for being true to yourselves.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

nomis
02-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I hardly think the Hollywood Bowl is any sort of come down..if you have any education on American venues that have history and a pedigree the Bowl has long played a part in American culture and it is hardly an industry secret that performers have rated the acoustics there in high regard for many decades..its some what Greek archeture structure and design allows a moderate seating capacity with an intimate feel..and Diana is into smaller intimate shows these days..seeing Diana at Wembley Arena is somewhat different from viewing her show at the Bowl..you would be hard pressed to find any American singer who has played as many prestigious venues as this lady..The Bowl should be respected for its place in history...but sadly respect is a word thats going out of fashion....,

jobeterob
02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
I've been told that when Diana last appeared here a couple years back that she sold out two shows, not just one.

Roberta, you are always a kind person. Thank you for that.

smark21
02-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Well the 2008 Ross Hollywood bowl show I attended was not brimmed to capacity with “bitchy queens” from West Hollywood. Yeah, there was a sizeable gay contingent there, but I don’t know if they were all bitchy or not. There were a good number of 20 and 30 something straight couples in attendance. I don’t know if they were there to see Diana Ross specifically, or just enjoying a night at the bowl [[the LA Philharmonic played the opening half of the show). Still, most everyone had a nice time. I thought the night I attended Ross was going through the motions as it was the I Love You show. But I had friends who attended her show the next night and they said she was much better and more into it than she was the previous night.

I wonder if this gig is a one off for Ross, or if she’s doing a series of concerts on the West Coast in late July/Early August?

Rosa Refried
02-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I' m so excited about this! Hello everyone by the way. My sister just got us tickets to see her! We have box seats and will get to enjoy dinner before the show. The Bowl is a wonderful place to see a show. Probably the best venue in LA. My son is taking my husband and I too see Fleetwood Mac there also. I love this place.

Rosa Refried
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Don't even go there and insult New York like that! the Hollywood Bowl is nowhere near as prestigious or culturally historical as Carnegie Hall. Bad comparison. Try again!

I beg your pardon? The Bowl is just as historic as Carnegie Hall. I really am so sick of this childish east coast vs. west coast hogwash. I've lived in both places and love them both.

Rosa Refried
02-24-2013, 05:46 PM

Have I stumbled upon some grade school chat room? Have you ever been to the Hollywood Bowl? While it did fall on some hard times in the past, the city of Los Angeles is proud it's historic past and it was been renovated in the past years. I saw Streisand there recently and Aretha Franklin a few years ago. The place is a gem.

milven
02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Thank you Rosa. I thought the comparison of HB to CH was good. Both are historic. Both have been renovated. Both attract high profile acts. I saw Carol Burnett at the Hollywood Bowl. My first and only time there. I was impressed.

Rosa Refried
02-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Thank you Rosa. I thought the comparison of HB to CH was good. Both are historic. Both have been renovated. Both attract high profile acts. I saw Carol Burnett at the Hollywood Bowl. My first and only time there. I was impressed.

Oh you're welcome honey. I've only been in LA for about 10 years and always read about the Bowl. We went to the 4th of July concert the 1st year we moved here and love fell in love with the place. I'm a former east coaster myself and never in a million years thought I would leave. But we have a beautiful house in Los Feliz and I just love Los Angeles. Luckily I still have plenty of friends back east and get to go visit my old stomping grounds.

jobeterob
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
It seems to me I saw a Facebook section for Diana Ross asking where we would like to see her appear this year.

Jimi LaLumia
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
after MOTOWN THE MUSICAL opens,Ross will play and sell out Madison Square Garden in NYC, just as the Return To Love show did..

marv2
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
I beg your pardon? The Bowl is just as historic as Carnegie Hall. I really am so sick of this childish east coast vs. west coast hogwash. I've lived in both places and love them both.

You been raised from the dead at Yahoo huh?

Kamasu_Jr
02-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Have I stumbled upon some grade school chat room? Have you ever been to the Hollywood Bowl? While it did fall on some hard times in the past, the city of Los Angeles is proud it's historic past and it was been renovated in the past years. I saw Streisand there recently and Aretha Franklin a few years ago. The place is a gem.
Ok, so she's playing the Hollywood Bowl. I get it, big deal.

jobeterob
04-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Diana Ross Tour

Four new show announcements are coming...

Jimi LaLumia
04-10-2013, 05:25 AM
she'll be able to play anywhere she wants thanks to all the national attention to "Motown: The Musical" a/k/a 'The Diana Ross Story'..

lakedistrictlad1
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh I wish she'd quit the touring for 5 minutes and get in a studio and record something new!

For us U.K fans she's disappeared off the radar - which is a shame because she's not been 'a visible presence' on the music scene for a few years now. That's never happened before since she started out.

A bit like the likes of Bette Midler/Celine Dion doing the long Las Vegas enagements. Must be great for the bank balance [[and you must have to LOVE performing daily) - but the artist disappears off the radar in other countries.

I just want to hear something NEW! Surely with the new show on Broadway there has never been a better time for her to record something new?

midnightman
04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Well it is 2013 and Diana Ross is at legend status... why are folks still thinking it's 1973?

Besides, lots of legends perform at the Bowl and she [[Diana) sold out two nights there. Big deal.

pghmusiclover
04-10-2013, 11:07 AM
...and it still beats playing Los Gatos Jazz on the Plazz... Just sayin’…

jobeterob
04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Diana Ross Tour

**ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE**

Elite Entertainment Live Events

Four major Diana Ross concert announcements will be made tomorrow at 12 pm est...

Connecticut, are you ready?
Rhode Island, are you ready?
Pennsylvania, are you ready?

Share this status and stay tuned for the details!

Jimi LaLumia
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
a New York date, please?...been a while since Radio City Music Hall, a few years..

Jimi LaLumia
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
while MOTOWN;THE MUSICAL is in town and being heavily promoted, they should book her at Mad.Square Garden..she sold out the RTL tour there..

smark21
04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
She might be able to sell out MSG, but from a performance standpoint, Diana Ross is much better suited to a venue with a better chance of establishing an electric rapport with the audience. She can do it, but Arenas are not her forte. It would be a lot more fun if she were to do a week long residency at a Broadway theater, or the Beacon if she wants to avoid Times Square.

marv2
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Oh I wish she'd quit the touring for 5 minutes and get in a studio and record something new!

Be careful! You may get attacked for saying that................

jobeterob
04-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Diana Ross Tour shared Elite Entertainment Live Events's photo.

April 11.

****JUST ANNOUNCED | DIANA ROSS | SUMMER 2013****

8/11- PROVIDENCE, RI | PPAC
EVENT PAGE-> http://goo.gl/7CtLz

8/13- HARTFORD, CT | THE BUSHNELL THEATRE

**JUST ANNOUNCED | DIANA ROSS | SUMMER 2013**

PROVIDENCE, HARTFORD, STAMFORD & PITTSBURGH!

Four NEW shows added! SHARE this status with your FB friends and on 4/19 we will give away two tickets to one selected lucky winner!

Also Boston has just been announced too.

pghmusiclover
04-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Diana Ross Tour shared Elite Entertainment Live Events's photo.

April 11.

****JUST ANNOUNCED | DIANA ROSS | SUMMER 2013****

8/11- PROVIDENCE, RI | PPAC
EVENT PAGE-> http://goo.gl/7CtLz

8/13- HARTFORD, CT | THE BUSHNELL THEATRE

**JUST ANNOUNCED | DIANA ROSS | SUMMER 2013**

PROVIDENCE, HARTFORD, STAMFORD & PITTSBURGH!

Four NEW shows added! SHARE this status with your FB friends and on 4/19 we will give away two tickets to one selected lucky winner!

Also Boston has just been announced too.

I was just wondering where you are seeing this information. Can you provide a link of some kind? Thanks!

supremester
04-20-2013, 06:38 AM
I was at both shows and felt Miss Ross might not have felt well the first night, although everyone I talked to who had never seen her before loved it. She was on fire the next night and made up for it. She's doing over a dozen shows in August

Well the 2008 Ross Hollywood bowl show I attended was not brimmed to capacity with “bitchy queens” from West Hollywood. Yeah, there was a sizeable gay contingent there, but I don’t know if they were all bitchy or not. There were a good number of 20 and 30 something straight couples in attendance. I don’t know if they were there to see Diana Ross specifically, or just enjoying a night at the bowl [[the LA Philharmonic played the opening half of the show). Still, most everyone had a nice time. I thought the night I attended Ross was going through the motions as it was the I Love You show. But I had friends who attended her show the next night and they said she was much better and more into it than she was the previous night.

I wonder if this gig is a one off for Ross, or if she’s doing a series of concerts on the West Coast in late July/Early August?

Penny
04-20-2013, 08:50 AM
I was at both shows and felt Miss Ross might not have felt well the first night, although everyone I talked to who had never seen her before loved it. She was on fire the next night and made up for it. She's doing over a dozen shows in August

I hope, while at the Hollywood Bowl, Miss Ross will call Cindy Birdsong and Mary Wilson out on the stage for a picture opportunity and hugs all around. It would be sweet and most Ross fans would like that.

Penny;)
I won't mention AVON so much anymore

smark21
04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Penny, have you been able to get in touch with Miss Ross to find out if she can sell Avon for you? I know you were thinking about that a couple of months ago.

Boogiedown
04-21-2013, 02:27 AM
I doubt those that insult the historic Hollywood Bowl have ever been there. Most romantic place to see anybody in concert, bring a picnic basket with cheese and wine. I can't wait to see Diana there performing The Boss and Love Hangover on a warm breezy summer's night . The whole place will be up & jammin' while the stars twinkle overhead. Perfect!

Penny
04-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Penny, have you been able to get in touch with Miss Ross to find out if she can sell Avon for you? I know you were thinking about that a couple of months ago.

smark21, she never got back in touch with me. I had read at this site she was flat broke and having a terrible time with money. I wrote her and offered her one of my AVON routes thinking it would help her out some. She knows how to put on make up so she would make a great AVON party gathering at her house. She would make some really good money. But she never answered. Maybe someday.

Thank you for asking.

Penny:)
AVON Rep.

milven
04-21-2013, 08:46 AM
... I had read at this site she was flat broke and having a terrible time with money. ....

:rolleyes:You read that on this source ?? It would be
Marvelous
if you were to change your source of infomation ;)

Roberta75
04-21-2013, 09:22 AM
:rolleyes:You read that on this source ?? It would be
Marvelous
if you were to change your source of infomation ;)

I think marv2 was Pennys source milven he "claim" Diane Ross lost her fortune by getting involved with Bernie Madoff but has yet to provide a link to his wild unproven claim. lol

Thanks for the laugh milven.

Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.

Roberta

jobeterob
04-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I think marv2 was Pennys source milven he "claim" Diane Ross lost her fortune by getting involved with Bernie Madoff but has yet to provide a link to his wild unproven claim. lol

Thanks for the laugh milven.

Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.

Roberta

This must be why she wears track pants and no makeup - no money for cosmetics and clothes.

jobeterob
04-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Diana Ross to perform Aug. 25 in Detroit
detnews.com - 15 hr 45 min ago
With her doppelgänger Valisia LeKae playing the Supreme diva on Broadway, the real Diana Ross will return to her hometown to perform at 8 p.m. Aug. 25 at the Motor City Casino's Sound Board. [...]

jobeterob
04-26-2013, 12:23 PM
DIANA ROSS - 2013 TOUR DATES
Friday, August 2, 2013 Fantasy Springs Resort Casino Indio, California
Saturday, August 3, 2013 Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles, California
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 Shn Golden Gate Theatre San Francisco, California
Wednesday, August 7, 2013 Shn Golden Gate Theatre San Francisco, California
Friday, August 9, 2013 Citi Performing Arts Center | Wang Theatre Boston, Massachusetts
Sunday, August 11, 2013 Providence Performing Arts Center Providence, Rhode Island
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 The Bushnell Hartford, Connecticut
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 Wolf Trap Vienna, Virginia
Friday, August 16, 2013 NJPAC - Newark, NJ
Saturday, August 17, 2013 Stamford Center for the Arts - The Palace Theatre Stamford, Connecticut
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 Heinz Hall Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

marv2
04-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Diana Ross to perform Aug. 25 in Detroit
detnews.com - 15 hr 45 min ago
With her doppelgänger Valisia LeKae playing the Supreme diva on Broadway, the real Diana Ross will return to her hometown to perform at 8 p.m. Aug. 25 at the Motor City Casino's Sound Board. [...]

That's where Mary Wilson played her fantastic concert last year in Detroit!