PDA

View Full Version : GRAMMY Ceremony for Lifetime Achievement Award for THE TEMPTATIONS

test

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if this has been posted in the Motown threads, but I think this belongs on the main forum.

The Temptations and their music, their talent & their vibe go way beyond Motown. They blessed the world with their music.

This award was long overdue, and I wish there had been a singing tribute to them during the broadcast. They set the bar for vocal groups, and I can't think of any who have topped their longevity or popularity.

GOD BLESS the Mighty Temptations!!

~~Mary~~

http://youtu.be/ES3PodKmEXM

Jerry Oz
02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
This is cool, but it upsets me that it's taken this long to do. They're not a greater group now than they've been for the last 30 years. I'd like to have seen some of the deceased members feted while they were still alive. But with that said, I congratulate the Grammys for getting around to the recognition moreso that the Temps who were the best male vocal group of all time, with or without the ceremony and deserve much more [[and much more timely) honor than this.

Soul Sister
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM
It was wonderful to see them all getting along and the families embracing the other children.
David's grandson does look just like him! :)
Well deserved.
Wishing them peace & blessings.
S.S.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Jerry, I have to agree and feel the same way about so many artists who don't receive the accolades and awards they should while they're living.

Soul Sister, My sentiments exactly. It was so touching to see the children there.

~~Mary~~