PDA

View Full Version : Supremes on Whats My Line

test

luke
02-18-2013, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQVWR874yjo I thought I had seen this but hadnt. I guess this was their second appearance. Diana says theyre going to appear at the Flamingo--is this the appearance when Flo left?

marv2
02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Luke , yes they were on "What's My Line" twice ; I think the other show they were on was "To Tell the Truth". Both of these shows were popular when I was a kid back in the 60's . One of them use to come on in the afternoons ,but I can't remember which one if not both.

franjoy56
02-19-2013, 01:22 AM
This must of have been around May 1967, The Supremes had a very definite way of not showing any marks of tension between them on stage. This was the beginning of the end however, Diana was very hoarse from overworking and singing, but the show kept on moving, much to the dismay of Florence Ballard.

luke
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought they seemed pretty tense here. Smiles seemed plasterd on.

skooldem1
02-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Life is not a book. Life is life. I can't understand why for some it is important to think that they fought and argued all the time. They were "friends". With any group of friends, you laugh, argue, fight, and love. Their laughter and interaction seemed real to me. But of course for some, it must be something else, that there has to be something behind the smiles.

smark21
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
OH it looks like they’re having a good time. I’m sure they wished they were doing something besides working, but they had their performance faces on. What’s really interesting is how the default question from the panelists is if the mystery guest is on Broadway. How Broadway has fallen in the past 50 years!

antceleb12
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, this is around the same time as their Sullivan performance where they performed "The Happening" and "Millie/Rose/Mame," as well as their appearance on the Tonight Show. Their appearance is much more glam at this point.

Personally, I've never felt any palpable tension when I watch these clips. But, we weren't there and can't say for sure what happened behind-the-scenes. :/