PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Morton has passed......

test

Doug-Morgan
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
I wasn't sure if this belongs here or the clubhouse, but it belongs somewhere.

Shadow Morton, songwriter [["Leader Of The Pack", "Remember [[Waling In The Sand)", "Give Him A Great Big Kiss"), and producer [[Vanilla Fudge, New York Dolls), passed away Thursday in Los Angeles of cancer. He was 71. Obit here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/arts/music/shadow-morton-songwriter-and-producer-dies-at-71.html?_r=0

midnight johnny
02-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Doug, for posting...it absolutely belongs here/somewhere!

stephanie
02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
This would never go in the clubhouse you made the right call! I had the pleasure in 1999 of speaking to Shadow on the phone. His phone number was on a website and I dialed it and he answered! I spoke with him twice. He was quite the storyteller he talked about how great of a singer Mary Weiss is and how Mark Stein of the Vanilla Fudge was a hard worker.
One thing I will never forget was when he told me look out for an up and coming guy named Wyclef Jean. RIP Shadow.

mark speck
02-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Amazing talent, along the lines of Phil Spector, just without the kookiness. I didn't know until I read his obit earlier today, that he also produced "Society's Child" by Janis Ian! Those Shangri-Las songs will stand forever, along with his work with Vanilla Fudge. RIP, Shadow, and thank you... :[[

Best,

Mark

mickeymac
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Major talent, and another tragic loss