PDA

View Full Version : Lou rawls unsung full episode

test

glencro
02-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Here it is http://tvone.tv/shows/unsung/video/full-episode--lou-rawls.html

glencro
02-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Great episode. So much that I didn't know about him, good and bad.

Kamasu_Jr
02-15-2013, 09:16 PM
It kind of bothered me that Lou Rawls is no longer here to defend himself. But his ex-wife and son pretty much portrayed him as a man with a mean and violent streak. Was he really like two different people, a split personality?
I also thought it was interesting that Della Reese was on discussing Lou's singing style and career. It was good because I always thought Della and Lou were a lot alike in their approach to singing the blues and entertaining.

marv2
02-15-2013, 10:59 PM
That was a very good episode. I could tell that there was too much grown to try cover in one episode.

GrtGzu
02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
I saw this again [[the WHOLE THING this time) last night.....All I can is WOW! I would've liked for this to be the 2 hour episode and not the disco thing that's up next [[I believe)....I was stunned about how he grew up, and also how he treated his family...I can't imagine being in his shoes at that time at such a young age - but I'm glad he made amends for what he did before he died....That - to me spoke volumes...

But you shoulda seen me lying in bed, snapping my fingers, and singing "Natural Man"....Geez, I had forgotten all about that tune!! Good one, and it's next up on my Itunes "List of Tunes to Git"...I can remember my mom singing along to his tunes back in the 70's as well..

mickeymac
02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Gotta check this one out.

soulwally
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for posting the link, yet again. Over here in the UK we often know very little of the actual lives of the people we love to hear sing. In the Rawls story there was the offstage man who sometimes released his devil against the people he probably loved most, and the great humanitarian. What a paradox.
What was amazing was that voice, exactly the same in the later concert footage shown as it was in the very old clip that finished up the programme.