PDA

View Full Version : Chubby Checker sues Hewlett Packard over penis measurement app

test

jillfoster
02-15-2013, 05:04 PM
This is just too much to deal with. The world gets weirder by the day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/chubby-checker-legendary-singer-sues-penis-measuring-app-same-name_n_2689944.html

ralpht
02-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Ernest should cool it a bit. You can't buy this kind of promo.

marv2
02-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah Ralph but don't you think this another case of corporate America trying to be too cute? LOL!!!!

ralpht
02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
That crossed my mind, Marv. But I still say it can only do Chubby Checker good. You know the old adage, "no such thing as bad publicity".

144man
02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Could the choice of name have been a coincidence? Aren't people paid when launching new products to check this sort of thing?

marv2
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
That crossed my mind, Marv. But I still say it can only do Chubby Checker good. You know the old adage, "no such thing as bad publicity".

True! Let's be frank. Who is really looking for Chubby Checker in 2013? This did get his name back in the headlines and let alot of people know that he is still around.

soulster
02-15-2013, 11:08 PM
True! Let's be frank. Who is really looking for Chubby Checker in 2013?
Guys who want their willy to be a little more "chubby" . :)

daviddesper
02-15-2013, 11:35 PM
I must have a dirty mind and you guys will get a charge out of this. When I saw the headline [[before I read the story) my mind immediately thought that he had purchased an enhancement device and was suing because he was not happy with the results!!

Methuselah2
02-18-2013, 10:10 AM
No one ever is.
Trust me.

soulster
02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
No one ever is.
Trust me.
Ohhhhhh...kay! We will. We'll just assume you've tried it.:)

Methuselah2
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Perhaps they could just do away with the whole measuring criteria and go with a more constructive-criticism approach; categories such as:

-- "A for effort."
-- "It's the thought that counts."
-- "PAR-TAY!"

soulster
02-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Perhaps they could just do away with the whole measuring criteria and go with a more construction criticism approach; categories such as:

-- "A for effort."
-- "It's the thought that counts."
-- "PAR-TAY!"

Most women would say that size really does matter.

GrtGzu
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
This dude is a trip...Not long ago, he got mad because they wouldn't erect a statue of him here at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame....[[Vapid old dolt..He needs to get over himself)..I've really got to get down to that place....The only time I've been there was during the grand opening....OUTSIDE....

Incidentally, last weekend before this past, the ME TV Channel was showing ALL of his "twist" movies...I stayed up clean into like 3 or 4 a.m. watching them ALL....
Bet you can't do the twist while lying in bed can ya?? BWAAAHH!!
:p

skooldem1
02-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Chubby has every right to be upset. For the record, many people are checking for him. Many people attend his concerts, and I see him on TV often- usually on those oldies shows.

soulster
02-18-2013, 06:24 PM

Chubby has every right to be upset.

Maybe he should have made his name a registered trademark. Many artists do that.

Oh, I just thought of another connotation of what a "chubby checker" could be: guys who like chubby chicks. Nuthin' wrong with that!

robb_k
02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I must have a dirty mind and you guys will get a charge out of this. When I saw the headline [[before I read the story) my mind immediately thought that he had purchased an enhancement device and was suing because he was not happy with the results!!
Ha! Ha! That's also exactly what I thought!

In actuality, Evans was probably doing himself more reputational harm by bringing on his lawsuit, and drawing the attention of thousands of people to this siliness, than by having a few hundred people possibly thinking he sold his name to a company selling penis enlargement programmes!

Can he sue himself for giving himself negative publicity??? Maybe he could ask the judge for a restraining order, which will also require him to not get within 1000 yards of himself?!!

marv2
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Ha! Ha! That's also exactly what I thought!

In actuality, Evans was probably doing himself more reputational harm by bringing on his lawsuit, and drawing the attention of thousands of people to this siliness, than by having a few hundred people possibly thinking he sold his name to a company selling penis enlargement programmes!

Can he sue himself for giving himself negative publicity??? Maybe he could ask the judge for a restraining order, which will also require him to not get within 1000 yards of himself?!!

If he's required not to get within 1000 yards of himself, how is he going be able to check his chubby?