PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Kevin Reeves

test

carole cucumber
02-14-2013, 09:19 AM
But I won't spoil the surprise as I've not yet seen any official announcement.

soulster
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Then, why even bother creating a thread when the issue can't be discussed?

I have talked with Kevin Reeves and he says he does not deal with public message boards.

carole cucumber
02-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Because if I was able to inadvertently discover a slight change in direction concerning a re-issue some have been waiting for through a post associated with Kevin Reeves, I just wanted to thank him [[and by association those who likely worked alongside him in finally giving the project the attention it deserves).
Thank you , soulster, for conveying my thanks to Kevin.

soulster
02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Because if I was able to inadvertently discover a slight change in direction concerning a re-issue some have been waiting for through a post associated with Kevin Reeves, I just wanted to thank him [[and by association those who likely worked alongside him in finally giving the project the attention it deserves).
Thank you , soulster, for conveying my thanks to Kevin.

You misunderstand. I did not talk to Kevin about whatever this is supposed to be about. I did talk to him a couple of years ago about an issue with a Diana Ross remaster he worked on, and that's when he let me know that he does not deal with message boards. However, if, in the off-chance he does read this, he got the message.

My thing is, what is the point of starting a thread about something no one even knows about or can discuss? That does a disservice to the community. Wouldn't it be better to thank him in private if the matter is private, unless your goal is to work everyone up over...what? I do know that record labels, reissue producers, and engineers do not like built-up public frenzies about unofficial, or unofficially announced projects. It could lead to legal issues, even lead to projects being cancelled. It's frowned on because things may not be released as desired. I've seen it happen, especially if the artist gets into the picture.

I'm not being negative, just being rational.