PDA

View Full Version : My Four Tops Experience

test

thomas96
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here, though I have been reading it for quite a while, and I thought some of you may be interested in my experience with the Four Tops this past Sunday.

Well I went to the Temptations/Four Tops concert on Sunday at the Hanover Theatre in Worcester. This was my third time seeing them recently so I knew pretty much what to expect. The Temps opened but unfortunately Otis wasn't there since he was accepting a lifetime achievement award at the Grammy's, so I thought that was disappointing. [[I've grown to like the Four Tops current lineup, but the Tempt's not so much. Just can't live up to David, Eddie and Paul in my opinion, but maybe they'll grow on me) As usual there was the intermission, and then the Tops came out. They were absolutely fantastic! And I was particularly happy that they sang Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever. [[One of my favorite Tops songs that they didn't sing the other times I saw them) Spike really can sing! They were all fantastic, the band was great, and even though it was my third time seeing them do the tribute to Levi, Obie, and Lawrence Sr. I still absolutely loved it. Then after the show, I waited out back in the freezing cold where they were leaving to try to talk to them and maybe get an autograph on some photos I have. [[A friend of mine had a relative who worked for motown and they somehow got a hold of a lot of these original prints of different artists with writing on the back and the company stamp, all original from various years during the 60's) Well Duke came out first and I said great show and everything and he was very nice to me and signed a photo of himself and we talked for a minute before he walked into the car. Then Lawrence Jr. came out with Spike and Ronnie behind him and he saw the photos I had and was all into it, like oh wow these are so cool. So I flipped through them all and showed them to him and he loved them. One I have is a picture of Joe Stubbs and I was like "man do you recognize him?" At first he said "Oh that's Levi" and instantly he corrected himself and said "Oh no thats Joe, Levi's brother. Wow" [[The fact that he recognized Joe, really shows how close the four were. Lawrence's son recognized an old photo of Levi's brother! I don't think any of the Temptations kids would recognize another members brother) So I then talked with him for a few minutes and he signed one of my Tops photos "Lawrence Jr. Remembering Dad, 2013." While that was happening Ronnie and Spike had snuck off to the car and they were all ready to leave but Lawrence brought me over to get them to sign and look at them. I thought it was so cool how excited he was he was yelling for Spike to come over and look at them. So he brought me to their car and I talked with them for some minutes and Ronnie and Spike signed it before then saying goodbye and leaving. They were all so nice and seemed really excited and interested in the photos I had and we talked for about 20 minutes total in the freezing cold even after they just played a show. Man, that was the best concert experience of my life! I can't wait to see them again in July of this year when the come back to MA.

Well I just thought that some of you may have been interested in my experience with them, so I decided to share it. Let me know what you think.

1382hitsville
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Thomas,

Welcome to the boards! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience for you. I feel a bit jealous...

theboyfromxtown
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Thank you for posting Thomas. I enjoyed reading your story.

stephanie
02-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Nice story for this forum. By all accounts most of these guys are pretty nice and appreciate the fans. Im glad you had a great experience and welcome to the forum we are glad to have you!

thomas96
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks all. Hopefully I'll have some more stories to tell in the future.

ralpht
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you Thomas. Much appreciated.

milven
02-14-2013, 08:24 PM
That had to be a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing your experience with us Thomas and welcome to the boards.