PDA

View Full Version : Is Tashan still active and performing?

test

alanh
02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know if Tashan is still active, performing and recording? He put out a few interesting albums in the late eighties/early nineties, but apart from the sporadic odd track - the last being 'Soul Survivor' a couple of years ago - seems to be keeping a low profile.

Any info gratefully received! Thanks.

jack020
02-13-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.tashan7.com/fr_tashan7.cfm

alanh
02-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Thanks Jack!

smooth
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Alanh...

This is Abraham Smooth Wilson.

I want to share with you some History on Tashan Rashad...His Name back then.

We worked together in December of 1983 at Media Sound Recording Studio in New York City.
The project was a CBS demo entitled "Sweet Memories"
At the time Tashan was in a Vocal Group called "The Seletive Few'
The Group was comprised of Tashan Rashad,Mike Harvey,Dean McCinton and Ronald Newton.

Tashan had then and now a very versatile high Quality Soul Voice.

A real pleasure to work with and it was evident that he would go on to create Quality Recordings.

"Sweet Memories" went on to become a Movie Soundtrack Theme Song.

I wrote the song and contracted with the "Selective Few" to do the Background Harmonies.

Dean Mc Clinton had a crystal clear Falsetto reminiscent of a cross between Eddie Kendricks and Russell Thompkins Jr.

Still to this day when I hear those Harmonies I love Deans Falsetto and think of Tashan's Strong Tenor.

Just wanted to share after seeing your post on Tashan.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

alanh
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi Smooth - thanks so much for sharing your encounter with Tashan and the recording of 'Sweet Memories'.

The weblink that Jack gave was interesting but it seems the last news on the site was from 2010 - so if anyone has any more recent news about Tashan's activities, that would be great.