PDA

View Full Version : Martha & The Vandellas ran for City Council?

test

skooldem1
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
If this wasn't true it would be funny. To think these are the kind of politicians Detroit has elected, it's no wonder Detroit has declined so much. I'd say the decline of Detroit is all about the politicians and not some small record company that left town 40 years ago.

Martha Reeves' Hilarious New Campaign Failure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8AwapOVAc

Roberta75
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Miss Martha Reeves gave her all to to city of Detroit City council and the media crucified her yes I said crucified her. Another thing is the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves is paying off her back taxes and the deal between Miss Reeves and the tax people is her personal business and not the public business.

Its a disgrace to mock a music legend and global superstar like Dr Martha Reeves.

Roberta

skooldem1
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
This is about Politician Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. If you are a politician- which she was[[?) when this video was made, then your tax issues are the public's business.

stephanie
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
From what I understand she did try to do a lot for the city. I wish her all the best.

Roberta75
02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
This is about Politician Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. If you are a politician- which she was[[?) when this video was made, then your tax issues are the public's business.

Well the video is cruel and real mean spirited IMO.

Roberta

marybrewster
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
If this wasn't true it would be funny. To think these are the kind of politicians Detroit has elected, it's no wonder Detroit has declined so much. I'd say the decline of Detroit is all about the politicians and not some small record company that left town 40 years ago.

Martha Reeves' Hilarious New Campaign Failure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8AwapOVAc

She's running again? I thought she retired from politics?

jobeterob
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
She's running again? I thought she retired from politics?

It's a tough and dirty business; I can't imagine she is running again.

smark21
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
The contents in this video dates back to 2009 when she ran for re-election and was defeated in her quest.

Methuselah2
02-13-2013, 02:49 AM
I don't know the particulars of Martha's service on the City Council nor do I know of her taxes situation which she may have already addressed or be in the process of reconciling. But the campaign ads-related materials, however, really seem a bit much. And it's certainly possible that they may have been done without her knowledge and/or approval. But if that's not the case, then I can't help thinkin' "Girl! You've been in love too long."

jobeterob
02-13-2013, 03:11 AM
She's a singer, not a politician.