PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Feb 12, 9P-12M ET: Andy and George "Let 'THEMSELVES' GO"!

test

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Well, Folks....we've had it rough here in the Nor'East since we last spoke. After dodging Mother Nature's bullets over and over....She finally GOT US...right between the eyes. Record snows...harrowing bone chilling cold...gale force winds, and worst of all...the dreaded POWER OUTAGES! Freezing in the dark.....EEEEK....BBBRRRrrr!
But finally...things do return to normal...for now.

Now...for tonight....by popular demand...we continue with part 2 of a 2 part "Nightflight" show...unaired since
it was broadcast live on May 17, 2011. On the release of "The Supremes-'Let Yourself Go''-The 70's Albums
Vol 2, 1974-1977...the Final Sessions" in May of 2011, I had the honor of having as guests former Supremes
Mary Wilson, Susaye Greene, and Scherrie Payne AND UMe vault manager Andy Skurow [[NOT a former Supreme). THAT show was aired last week. Now...back to tonight's show which is part 2...unaired since original broadcast...with guests producers Andy Skurow...and making his "Nightflight" debut...associate producer and
actor/singer George Solomon! A bit more music tonight than last week as well as peeks into the production process by Andy and George!

So DO join me tonight for a bit of springtime in the dead of winter....on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at
www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)

Thanks...and stay warm!
John

ejluther
02-12-2013, 08:44 AM
AND UMe vault manager Andy Skurow [[NOT a former Supreme).
Well, he gets my vote to be an unofficial official Supreme!

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Say "AYE"!!!

R. Mark Desjardins
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
John;
Good to hear that the worst of the winter storm that hit the eastern seaboard is over. Your warm soulful vibes will no doubt heat up a lot of homes listening to "Night Flight" this evening. I really enjoyed last weeks's rebroadcast. With this new laptop I've been given I don't want to risk commenting during the airing as I listen, as not to lose my connection. These interviews are great "herstory" lessons and I hope that they will be saved for future generations of music fans to enjoy and learn from!

sophisticated_soul
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Time for Da Doo Re-Run, Run! Part 2: Let Yourself Go-Further. I'll be there. John, glad to hear you are warm and safe after freezing your assets off. Is Amelia home now? How is she doing? See you and the gang on the Radiola.:cool:

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
John;
Good to hear that the worst of the winter storm that hit the eastern seaboard is over. Your warm soulful vibes will no doubt heat up a lot of homes listening to "Night Flight" this evening. I really enjoyed last weeks's rebroadcast. With this new laptop I've been given I don't want to risk commenting during the airing as I listen, as not to lose my connection. These interviews are great "herstory" lessons and I hope that they will be saved for future generations of music fans to enjoy and learn from!

Mark....you're always too kind! If only I could generate all the heat needed during that outtage [[*smile)!Glad you'll be listening even though not posting. I'll give you a "shout out"...hope you'll enjoy the
Andy/George show! Take care!

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Time for Da Doo Re-Run, Run! Part 2: Let Yourself Go-Further. I'll be there. John, glad to hear you are warm and safe after freezing your assets off. Is Amelia home now? How is she doing? See you and the gang on the Radiola.:cool:

Joseph....yes....Amelia is home again....and she got over the shock remarkably well...back to playing pawsket ball [[man...can she BLOCK!) and asking for treats [[thank you for asking, my friend).

I'm all set for a lazy show...to listen to Andy and George and to laugh...
See you on the Radiola!

Glenpwood
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
John, so glad you overcame more obstacles than the Return To Love tour to be with us tonight.;) Sipping wine with friends and looking forward to tonight show! See everyone there!

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
John, so glad you overcame more obstacles than the Return To Love tour to be with us tonight.;) Sipping wine with friends and looking forward to tonight show! See everyone there!

Glen....Hello! You don't know the half of it! At least I didn't have to be grilled by Barbara Walters!

....in the studio!!!

sophisticated_soul
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
In the house!:cool:

MotownLover
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Howdy Johnny! Looking forward to the great show tonight...

Howard in Long Beach, CA :cool:

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Howard....welcome....great to have you...a lovely group of folks we have!!

Glenpwood
02-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Love how sweet and humble Andy sounds when talking about the girls. Where do I send him a bottle of Nair so he can have the legs for it?;)

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Love how sweet and humble Andy sounds when talking about the girls. Where do I send him a bottle of Nair so he can have the legs for it?;)

UMe,NYC [[*smile)

Glenpwood
02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
UMe,NYC [[*smile)

Its a good thing you know where the vault is and I don't because I would be like a cat in heat moaning outside the door with my wish list hehe

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 11:04 PM
George Solomon......are you with us?????

Glenpwood
02-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Did we lose everyone to the State Of The Union?

sophisticated_soul
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Here I Am Baby:cool:

midnight johnny
02-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Well...I certainly haven't left....well....maybe to sneak out ......for a butt....every now and then....

carole cucumber
02-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Well...I certainly haven't left....well....maybe to sneak out ......for a butt....every now and then....

WHAT!!! Johnny??? Oh, you mean cigarette

Glenpwood
02-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Am I the only one to lose my streaming?

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:28 AM
WHAT!!! Johnny??? Oh, you mean cigarette

yes, Carole...[[*wink wink)

sophisticated_soul
02-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Standing by. Enjoying the interlude. It's all good!:cool:

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:29 AM
No loss of stream.....the cd i was playing stopped mid-track ....

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Standing by. Enjoying the interlude. It's all good!:cool:

Thank you, Joe [[and sorry)

carole cucumber
02-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Which means.... you'll just have to replay the show straight through again at a future date

sophisticated_soul
02-13-2013, 12:33 AM
"Don't Look Back" Perfect! One of my all-time faves. What a performance!:cool:

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Which means.... you'll just have to replay the show straight through again at a future date

Well....THAT is a possibility......

Glenpwood
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Despite the technical difficulties, it's very easy to take these great songs instead of the other;)

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Despite the technical difficulties, it's very easy to take these great songs instead of the other;)

................[[*smile).....thank you...

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
My friends....once again...so sorry for the glitch....hope you enjoyed what you heard. See you next week...have a warm and safe week!!!

George Solomon
02-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Sorry I missed it. I'm on tour in Australia and was traveling today. Just got to my new hotel... Thanks for replaying our interview, John...

sophisticated_soul
02-13-2013, 01:02 AM
My friends....once again...so sorry for the glitch....hope you enjoyed what you heard. See you next week...have a warm and safe week!!!

No worries John, it's live radio! Besides we heard the majority of the interview. And it was good to hear it again, I heard things I missed the first time around. Thanks. See you and all next time on the Radiola.:cool:

R. Mark Desjardins
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
John,
I really appreciate your efforts to get the two lost programs rebroadcast. The information regarding how Hip-O Select CD packages are conceived and put together was illuminating. I've often wondered how previously unreleased Motown archival material circulated so freely in the past, and now we know.

It is unfortunate that there was a glitch in the CD that held the interview information during the last 30 or so minutes, but what is real life without a bit of drama to throw us off. You carried on like the champ you are. And hey, the sun still rose this morning and there's always something new music to look forward to next week. Have a great St. Valentine's Day my friend!

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
No worries John, it's live radio! Besides we heard the majority of the interview. And it was good to hear it again, I heard things I missed the first time around. Thanks. See you and all next time on the Radiola.:cool:

Joseph...thank you so much....

midnight johnny
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
John,
I really appreciate your efforts to get the two lost programs rebroadcast. The information regarding how Hip-O Select CD packages are conceived and put together was illuminating. I've often wondered how previously unreleased Motown archival material circulated so freely in the past, and now we know.

It is unfortunate that there was a glitch in the CD that held the interview information during the last 30 or so minutes, but what is real life without a bit of drama to throw us off. You carried on like the champ you are. And hey, the sun still rose this morning and there's always something new music to look forward to next week. Have a great St. Valentine's Day my friend!

Mark...your patience is much appreciated....and a very happy St Valentine's Day to you too, my friend!

ejluther
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
"Which means.... you'll just have to replay the show straight through again at a future date"

Yes, please! I missed it completely and would love to have another chance at it!

midnight johnny
02-14-2013, 07:22 AM
"Which means.... you'll just have to replay the show straight through again at a future date"

Yes, please! I missed it completely and would love to have another chance at it!

Eric....I will redo the Andy/George show in the not too distant future! Thanks!

ejluther
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I will redo the Andy/George show in the not too distant future! Thanks!

Great news - thanks!