PDA

View Full Version : Texas Republican Invites Ted Nugent to State of the Union Address

test

Jerry Oz
02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
For those of you who thought the complete lack of decorum ended when the South Carolina congressman called the president a liar and Supreme Court Justice Alito sneered during the president's 2010 address, I present to you this stinking pile of Texas bull crap:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ted-nugent-gop-lawmaker-state-union-guest-193701665--politics.html

Ted Nugent to be GOP lawmaker’s State of the Union guest
Last year, “Cat Scratch Fever” rocker Ted Nugent made headlines when he branded President Barack Obama as “evil” and “America-hating,” and described him and Democrats as coyotes who should be shot. On Tuesday, Nugent will attend Obama’s State of the Union address [[http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/ted-nugent-to-join-stockman-at-state-of-the-union) as a guest of Republican Texas Rep. Steve Stockman.Some lawmakers are inviting victims of gun violence, and Obama is expected to push Congress to support a package of measures crafted in the aftermath of the slaughter of schoolchildren in Newtown, Conn., in December.
“I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,” Stockman said in a statement. “After the address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”
Having plenty to say is what got The Nuge in hot water in April 2012 at a National Rifle Association convention. His controversial comments even rated the outspoken gun-rights advocate a visit from the Secret Service.
At that gathering, Nugent had declared, “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
Nugent praised NRA members, but warned that if they did not "get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."
"We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

He added, "If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him." And he denounced the administration as "criminals" and said a Democratic victory in November would mean "we'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year"—an apparent reference to Obama's boyhood time there.

ralpht
02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
What a disgrace.

marv2
02-11-2013, 11:06 PM
For those of you who thought the complete lack of decorum ended when the South Carolina congressman called the president a liar and Supreme Court Justice Alito sneered during the president's 2010 address, I present to you this stinking pile of Texas bull crap:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ted-nugent-gop-lawmaker-state-union-guest-193701665--politics.html

Ted Nugent to be GOP lawmaker’s State of the Union guest
Last year, “Cat Scratch Fever” rocker Ted Nugent made headlines when he branded President Barack Obama as “evil” and “America-hating,” and described him and Democrats as coyotes who should be shot. On Tuesday, Nugent will attend Obama’s State of the Union address [[http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/ted-nugent-to-join-stockman-at-state-of-the-union) as a guest of Republican Texas Rep. Steve Stockman.Some lawmakers are inviting victims of gun violence, and Obama is expected to push Congress to support a package of measures crafted in the aftermath of the slaughter of schoolchildren in Newtown, Conn., in December.
“I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,” Stockman said in a statement. “After the address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”
Having plenty to say is what got The Nuge in hot water in April 2012 at a National Rifle Association convention. His controversial comments even rated the outspoken gun-rights advocate a visit from the Secret Service.
At that gathering, Nugent had declared, “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
Nugent praised NRA members, but warned that if they did not "get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."
"We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

He added, "If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him." And he denounced the administration as "criminals" and said a Democratic victory in November would mean "we'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year"—an apparent reference to Obama's boyhood time there.

That's just plain stupid! Ted is from Michigan and I am embarassed by that fact!

MotownSteve
02-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I wonder if either or both of them will try to carry a gun to the State of the Union.

And from Wikipedia: In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[28][29]

A real class act.

Roberta75
02-11-2013, 11:26 PM
What a disgrace.

I agree Ralph and that Texan congressman is just as despicable as ted Nugent.

Shame on both of them.

Roberta

MotownSteve
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Given Nugent's past, I wonder if the Secret Service will let him in.

http://www.goddiscussion.com/107246/ted-nugents-threatens-to-kill-obama-gets-invited-to-attend-state-of-the-union-address/

stephanie
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Cat Scratch Insanity!

soulster
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
The secret service is going to have fun tonight! If the Nooge tries any crap, I hope they carry him out in handcuffs.

MotownSteve
02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
The secret service is going to have fun tonight! If the Nooge tries any crap, I hope they carry him out in handcuffs.

I wonder if Stockman opens his mouth if he might also be removed in handcuffs.

soulster
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Fuckin' tea-baggers. The only reason they exist is because they can't accept a Black man as the President of the United States of America, and a liberal one at that.

What is really weird about the Nooge is that right after Obama was elected the first time, he went on ABC TV and praised him.

Jerry Oz
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I truly wish Nugent, Chuck Norris, and the rest of their ilk would follow suit by moving to Texas and seceding from the US. No military. No Medicaid. No import/export agreements. And no taxes, if you want to believe that one. It'd be a fascist dictatorship led by madmen and a hoot to follow.

soulster
02-13-2013, 11:54 AM
I truly wish Nugent, Chuck Norris, and the rest of their ilk would follow suit by moving to Texas and seceding from the US. No military. No Medicaid. No import/export agreements. And no taxes, if you want to believe that one. It'd be a fascist dictatorship led by madmen and a hoot to follow.

And, they would have a hell of a problem with Mexico!

But, you really don't want Texas to secede from the union. They have some of the finest technological companies and research firms, schools, and NASA not to mention oil refineries.

stephanie
02-13-2013, 12:41 PM
You know I used to think these guys were doing this for attention and I really believe they take this stuff seriously. When Obama got elected and people started to yell Secession and We Want out Country Back I was miffed. These guys are nuts.

soulster
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
They're blinded by hatred and ignorance. Just about all of these tea-baggers are middle-aged white men and women, you know, the gun-nuts, racists, free marketers...

Jerry Oz
02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
They're blinded by hatred and ignorance. Just about all of these tea-baggers are middle-aged white men and women, you know, the gun-nuts, racists, free marketers...
And almost all of them have BENEFITTED from the president's policies. But they'd rather eat crumbs from the table of the GOP than ask for a seat to dinner. I guess in their world, it's better to starve and think you're still superior to "minorities" than to maintain, but have to thank one for helping them out. Fools.

MotownSteve
02-13-2013, 02:31 PM
And almost all of them have BENEFITTED from the president's policies. But they'd rather eat crumbs from the table of the GOP than ask for a seat to dinner. I guess in their world, it's better to starve and think you're still superior to "minorities" than to maintain, but have to thank one for helping them out. Fools.

Well put Jerry. A friend of mine has a father in law who collects a military pension, social security, benefits from medicare, and thinks the government spends to much and wants cutbacks. Go figure.