PDA

View Full Version : Buttered Popcorn

test

franjoy56
02-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Yesterday's Daily News in New York has mentioned The Motown's Musical andThe Supremes 2nd single "Buttered Popcorn" along with Baby Love, The Happening and Stop in the Name of Love, as being one of the four Supremes songs being performed in the musical. Yet the young lady playing Diana Ross Valisia LeKae has been studying Ms. Ross from her hit records, movies, and books from Diane's point of view. I wonder which character will be performing "Buttered Popcorn". I think I will have to go to see the show out of curiousity.

marv2
02-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Yesterday's Daily News in New York has mentioned The Motown's Musical andThe Supremes 2nd single "Buttered Popcorn" along with Baby Love, The Happening and Stop in the Name of Love, as being one of the four Supremes songs being performed in the musical. Yet the young lady playing Diana Ross Valisia LeKae has been studying Ms. Ross from her hit records, movies, and books from Diane's point of view. I wonder which character will be performing "Buttered Popcorn". I think I will have to go to see the show out of curiousity.

Fran I read that in the paper about "Buttered Popcorn". I will be interesting to see who performs it in the show. It will be equally interesting to see if Barney Ales is invited and attends!

smark21
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
If “Diana” sings Flo’s song in Motown the Musical, then Flo will be victimized all over again.

marv2
02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
If “Diana” sings Flo’s song in Motown the Musical, then Flo will be victimized all over again.

Yep! Protests will form outside the theater and Manhattan traffic will come to a grinding halt!

Roberta75
02-11-2013, 10:53 PM

I wonder who is playing Barbara Martin in this musical Frances.

Barbara Martin should be part of the Primettes and feature in the show.

Roberta

marybrewster
02-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Interesting selection for the songs to represent the Supremes. One would think "WDOLG" would be included as it was their first #1 and "SWBT" would be included as it was their last #1. I'd also think "Reflections" [[relating to Flo's departure and Diana's name featured).

Naturally, this musical isn't just about the Supremes, but when you look at the songs for their historical reference, what does "event" surrounds "The Happening"?

captainjames
02-12-2013, 12:13 AM
"The Happening" is probably the one and only hit by the girls that I just could not stand to hear or play. When I first heard it on the radio I thought uh Nooooooooo something is wrong. If it is used in the musical them it is probably being included because it was the one song that I thought was the "CROSSOVER". It was the one song I felt back then where my Motown ladies left town.

franjoy56
02-12-2013, 12:30 AM
"The Happening" is probably the one and only hit by the girls that I just could not stand to hear or play. When I first heard it on the radio I thought uh Nooooooooo something is wrong. If it is used in the musical them it is probably being included because it was the one song that I thought was the "CROSSOVER". It was the one song I felt back then where my Motown ladies left town.

I thought the happening was an odd supremes song, and when it was the title of the movie by the same name I knew why Devol also shares in the making of the song from screen gem studios I believe, but it had a sort of old fashion 1930's vaudeville feel to it, but it managed to hit #1 and all three Supremes are heard, this was the song Flo said no Andantes, I like the sped up versin on the box set better. I am glad Flo's "Buttered Popcorn" is getting a nod in the play probably because Berry Gordy wrote it and that is all. . "