PDA

View Full Version : "Network" is a brilliant movie!

test

nomis
10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
At the time of release people poured scorn on the events depicted in it,But it rings true in the sensational media age we live in,Everybody is brilliant in it - It was made in an era when there was rational journalism on networks ever srangling hold of the media..does anyone else like this movie? Dunaway is great as the fast thinking executive who gets what she wants only to find its empty..but all the cast is superb would love to hear other peoples views on the movie and the subjects it raises..cheers

uptight
10-02-2010, 06:29 AM
I thought it was cool in a nerdy kind of way. Not an action movie, but I was on the edge of my seat as I the details unfolded of how it all started.

chidrummer
10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Network was WAY ahead of it's time. Now it looks like a documentary.

Network was WAY ahead of it's time. Now it looks like a documentary.

The movie tried to tell in 1976[[!) that we were becoming a society too enamored with entertainment over substance. Faye Dunaway played the then "new breed" of TV execs that were all too eager to give the people what they wanted. William Holden was brilliant as the old school, real live journalist who lies to himself in order to believe that Dunaway's character can't possibly be as shallow as she seems. She is. Peter Finch's Howard Beal is, of course, iconic. He represents the honest truth, which in the end, has to be destroyed. The truth is just bad for business.

Ned Beatty's, Arthur Jensen stole the movie when he broke down modern economics to Beal. His speech is brilliant and more true now than it was then. Check it out here:
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0013120/quotes

Somebody ought to remake Network for a new generation.

pshark
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I'M MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!
Yes this is a great movie. This would make a great double feature with
either "A FACE IN THE CROWD"[[Andy Griffith) or "KING OF COMEDY" [[Robert DeNiro, Jerry Lewis)

soulster
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
The movie plays like a blueprint for the obnoxious, misguided tea-baggers.

pshark
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Just came across this on FB. Michael "Clip" Payne of Parliament/Funkadelic mixed this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URHy65bxxTg&feature=player_embedded

uptight
10-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Oops, my post earlier was responding about the movie Social Network. I will have to Google Network now. LOL

chidrummer
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
pshark, that's a #4@!&in' brilliant find. Where's radio when you need them?