PDA

View Full Version : Grammy Awards Review, Comments and General Discussion!

test

marv2
02-10-2013, 10:16 PM
the much hyped Justin Timberlake totally BOMBED tonight! I'll give $5.00 to anyone that can explain to me what he was doing and what he was singing?

marv2
02-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I cannot believe that Charlie Wilson is not on this show this year.

luke
02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Boy do I agree Marv-I had no clue what he was doin. Rhianna actually wasnt bad-especially the slow song with the guy sitting down. That group Fun was vg and the reggae tribute too. It is a well produced show.

marv2
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Boy do I agree Marv-I had no clue what he was doin. Rhianna actually wasnt bad-especially the slow song with the guy sitting down. That group Fun was vg and the reggae tribute too. It is a well produced show.

I have to admit, I liked Rhianna's slow number. Who was the guy that duet with her?

The tribute to Bob Marley was good; they could have done one or two more of his songs.

Kelly Clarkson was good in her tribute to Patti Page and Carol King.

That guy Miguel was excellent, but his spot was way too short.

luke
02-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I think they said Noel or something per the guy with Rhianna. I missed Miguel. Kelly sure liked him.

ralpht
02-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys,since I'm three hours behind your time. I never watch that train wreck anyway, but now I'm really not going to watch it.

luke
02-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Lol. Some of it's good Ralph. Though sometime I long for people just to stand there and sing--like Adele last year. It often seems like--who can top this next extraveganza?!!!

soulster
02-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Anyone besides me think Rihanna has a screw loose being back with Chris Brown?

And, you all check out Katy Perry's dress? I like green!:D

soulster
02-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys,since I'm three hours behind your time. I never watch that train wreck anyway, but now I'm really not going to watch it.
Aw! Watch it! It's really been good. Lots of great talent tonight. I am really confident about the talent of today's pop stars. You'd be surprised. I'm serious!

glencro
02-11-2013, 01:48 AM

Agreed Katy Perry looked D@MN GOOD in that green

soulster
02-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Agreed Katy Perry looked D@MN GOOD in that green
Rihanna looked great in a dress too! Hell, man, all the ladies were hot tonight!

glencro
02-11-2013, 02:04 AM
~Actually I enjoyed Justin Timberlake's performance
~Alicia Keys once again proved to me that she's a mediocre talent
~LOVED Bruno Mars and Sting
~CRACKED UP at Mavis' ending of that song
~Enjoyed FUN & Janelle Monae
~Was great to see Prince who looks great
~Sure media will tear up Adele for her ummm dress
~Frank Ocean, who's cd I love and I've seen some great television performances by drowned tonight
~Loved LL's performance and the band that backed him up

Had a good laugh with this one 6118

daddyacey
02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
the much hyped Justin Timberlake totally BOMBED tonight! I'll give $5.00 to anyone that can explain to me what he was doing and what he was singing?

Save your money marv. He was cashing in. Another "act" that media and the industry TELLS US is the hottest thing as an entertainer. I was through with him after the titty fiasco with Janet. "Oh I didn't know about no titty , my career is to important to be a part of that" , he said back then.

A sad imitation of this generations perception of "Blue Eyed Soul"

There was no SOUL or R&B on this years Grammy's.

I guess SOUL ,R&B is just a novelty now ,like old photographs. Sad............

soulster
02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Here's one that circulating: 6119

daddyacey
02-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Ms. Keys is FIIIINE!!!!! She filled out nicely with that baby phat ,nice and mature,
AND SHE IS A LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's a woman.

soulster
02-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Ms. Keys is FIIIINE!!!!! She filled out nicely with that baby phat ,nice and mature,
AND SHE IS A LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's a woman.

You'll get no argument from me. I'm just not too crazy about her current hit.

reese
02-11-2013, 08:13 AM
I really liked Justin Timberlake's performance, everything from his vocals to his stage setting.

I was surprised to like Rihanna's performance, as I have never really cared much for her previously. But I thought she was very good.

Kelly Clarkson's tribute to Patti Page and Carole King was well done.

I enjoyed the Black Keys with Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.

I expected more from Frank Ocean, as I have been hearing really good things about him. But I wasn't impressed.

Absolutely LOVED Mavis Staples' ending on THE WEIGHT.

marv2
02-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Oh Ralph, in a way I am sorry. I forgot about you guys in different time zones. I did not mean to spoil anything for you all.

marv2
02-11-2013, 08:43 AM

Did you check out Jennifer Lopez? Legs from here down to there.......whew! LOL!

smark21
02-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Best performances IMO: Bruno Mars/Sting/Rhianna/Ziggy Marley and their
Bob Marley tribute; Black Keys and Dr. John; The Levon Helm tribute
performance of The Weight; Kelly Clarkson performing Tennessee Waltz/Natural
Woman; and the first part of Jack White's performance.

Most underwhelming: Justin Timberlake--Bruno Mars did that performance much
better a year or two ago; Frank Ocean--he's talented, but not ready for the big
stage yet.

Worst: No contest--Taylor Swift.

marv2
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Save your money marv. He was cashing in. Another "act" that media and the industry TELLS US is the hottest thing as an entertainer. I was through with him after the titty fiasco with Janet. "Oh I didn't know about no titty , my career is to important to be a part of that" , he said back then.

A sad imitation of this generations perception of "Blue Eyed Soul"

There was no SOUL or R&B on this years Grammy's.

I guess SOUL ,R&B is just a novelty now ,like old photographs. Sad............

Daddy! Once again you nailed it! I was almost embarassed for Justin Timberlake. He did leave Janet Jackson out to dry.

I was very disappointed that R&B, Soul was really not represented at all last night. I mean where was Charlie Wilson? He had huge success this past year.

marv2
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Why does it seem that they never turn Mavis Staples mic up loud enough? Not just last night but I noticed this before on another program. She still did a great job last night I thought.

ralpht
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Marv,
You spoiled nothing for me. In fact....you saved me. I owe you a steak dinner. From the reviews above, I'm glad I did my usual, and skipped the whole deal.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I watched the show off and on, and my feeling was it is one of the worst Grammy shows I've seen in terms of musicality.

The only performances that appealed to me were Kelly Clarkson [[the girl has an excellent voice and she knows what to do with it). Bruno Mars and the Bob Marley tribute, the way too short tribute to Dave Brubeck and the tribute to Leon Helms. The rest of it left me cold.

~~Mary~~

drlorne
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Interesting. I really enjoyed the whole show. I was super impressed with the talent and that the performances were live. I'll buy the Grammy CD and will consider Justin Timberlake's CD and Rhianna's CD. That was Mikky Ekko the writer of the song STAY, dueting with her. I've listened to the live performance a couple of times now, and the official video of the song..much prefer the live version [[slower and I liked the duet).
We all have different tastes and I got to hear performers I wouldn't normally listen to. Other than Frank Ocean, I thought everyone was exceptional.
Lorne

ralpht
02-11-2013, 04:01 PM
And your opinion is just as valid as any other, Dr. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Vonnie Eli
02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
The Grammy show did nothing for me. Maybe next year things will change.

glencro
02-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Forgot to mention Kelly Clarkston, I enjoyed her and [[can't believe I'm writing this) but also enjoyed the Rhianna / Mikky Ekko duet.

Soul Sister
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
For me the highlight was Bruno Mars with Sting and the Marley Brothers Ziggy & Jr. Gong [[Damien) singing "Could This Be Love"! Loved it!!!
Nice tribute to Bob Marley.

S.S.