PDA

View Full Version : Temptations Receive Lifetime Achievement Awards

test

caliluv
02-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I came across this and thought I would share. Enjoy.

http://www.grammy.com/videos/lifetime-achievement-award-for-the-temptations-at-special-merit-awards-ceremony-nominees

marv2
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I think this is great! Thanks Caliluv.....go Tempts!!!

edafan
02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
WOW

I've met Otis and a few other Temptations.

This was special.

edafan

satipe
02-10-2013, 07:49 PM
That was WONDERFUL!

dvus7
02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I think this is great! Thanks Caliluv.....go Tempts!!!

Hey...Check this out!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/video-dennis-edwards-receives-lifetime-grammy/html_3065ef31-efda-5baa-8acf-e118c32ee934.html

Roberta75
02-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Real refreshing to hear that Otis has been with Shelly Berger for 46 years with no contract now that is true trust and speak volumes for Mr Bergers character. Nice to hear Mr Berry Gordy getting thanks and praise and nice to hear him mention the other Temps warts and all. A real classy gentleman and a true legend. Dennis has gained weight but it suit him and you can tell how much he loves his wife and daughter. Paul Williams junior is a fine young man and David Ruffins daughter is real pretty and Melvins wife is beautiful. Eddie Kendricks daughter gave a classy speach. So sad that so may of the Temptations are no longer with us but real happy that they all gone home to glory. Praise Jesus.

Roberta

dvus7
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Real refreshing to hear that Otis has been with Shelly Berger for 46 years with no contract now that is true trust and speak volumes for Mr Bergers character. Nice to hear Mr Berry Gordy getting thanks and praise and nice to hear him mention the other Temps warts and all. A real classy gentleman and a true legend. Dennis has gained weight but it suit him and you can tell how much he loves his wife and daughter. Paul Williams junior is a fine young man and David Ruffins daughter is real pretty and Melvins wife is beautiful. Eddie Kendricks daughter gave a classy speach. So sad that so may of the Temptations are no longer with us but real happy that they all gone home to glory. Praise Jesus.

Roberta
That is not exactly TRUE!!! Cause Shelley Berger was originally employed by International Talent Management[[i.e. Motown Records)!!!

marv2
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey...Check this out!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/video-dennis-edwards-receives-lifetime-grammy/html_3065ef31-efda-5baa-8acf-e118c32ee934.html

Dennis is a great guy. The last time I saw him was in March 2007 at Detroit Metro and I punched him in his back as we headed towards our gates. He didn't even try to hit me back! LOL! I loved all the Temptations.

Roberta75
02-10-2013, 09:22 PM
That is not exactly TRUE!!! Cause Shelley Berger was originally employed by International Talent Management[[i.e. Motown Records)!!!

It came from the mouth of Otis and thats good enough for me dear.

Roberta

marv2
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM

You're correct. He also worked with the Supremes off and on in those years.

Jimi LaLumia
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Diana Ross got one of these last year...

jobeterob
02-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Excellent. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if there is any chance they'd ever do that for the Supremes now?

nathanj06
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
That was amazing! Well deserved. Thanks for posting.

dvus7
02-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Sitting here thinking!!!!! That would be David's first Grammy!!!!!

Roberta75
02-10-2013, 11:23 PM

David Ruffin is home with his Heavenly Father and is looking down and smiling. Mr Ruffin was plagued with drug addiction for years and had a real self destructive edge but thats all behind him now and he is at peace with his maker and his Temptation brothers.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path to heaven for he is good and righteous."

Roberta

marv2
02-10-2013, 11:32 PM

Hey I believe you are right! That makes this award even more significant.

dvus7
02-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Hey I believe you are right! That makes this award even more significant.

Hey, Marv.... I totally agree with you!!!

Methuselah2
02-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I came across this and thought I would share. Enjoy.

http://www.grammy.com/videos/lifetime-achievement-award-for-the-temptations-at-special-merit-awards-ceremony-nominees

Thanks so much Caliluv. I'm so glad not to miss this wonderful piece of footage. Thanks to you, I didn't. It's beautiful, moving, emotional, and fun. Just like the Tempts always were.

marv2
02-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Luckily, I was able to spot Dennis Edwards sitting up front and towards the middle at last nights televised ceremonies. This is a long and well deserved honor for all of them.

marybrewster
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
How beautiful; thank you so much for posting.

I was truly touched to see Otis and Dennis treat each other so warmly and respectfully.

It's true a family will have it's ups and downs; this proves a Temptation is a brother for life.

tallone
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
This was truly long overdue, but well worth it. It is great to see how the children of Eddie, Melvin Paul and David have matured into fine adults. Needless to say, I was very impressed with Melvin Jr. He sounds like his dad. Overall, I was impressed. Too bad they did not place this segment in the regular show.

stephanie
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
WOW this is one of the best clips I have seen of someone winning an award. Good to see the next generation as well as Melvin and Otis together. I wish they could be in the same group but seeing them get this award on stage is fine enough for me. Well done.

arrr&bee
02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow very moving,a long time coming[they should have gotten it during the reunion tour]but better late than never...temptations forever!!