test

misty
02-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I love this man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yIMt-aZjCo&feature=youtu.be

Soul Sister
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Great stuff, Misty.

Sam is from, what I like to call, old school show biz.
When entetainers were real entertainers. :) Showy yet classy.

Do you know where this was filmed at?

S.S.

misty
02-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Totally agree with that assessment, SS. And no - I don't know where it's from. Awesome clip though. If only I'd been born a little sooner! LOL

reese
02-09-2013, 05:46 PM
This is from the Jerry Lewis show.

If you can find it, he also sang a great rendition of THE RIDDLE SONG during this same appearance.

misty
02-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks, reese!

marv2
02-09-2013, 06:45 PM
He was incredible! Great entertainer and a singer who's music is still very listenable today. Sam the man!

the_classic_master
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
that show was actually provided by yours truly! i paid a pretty penny for it too! lol.

Soul Sister
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
LOL@Misty! Doesn't beat Pretty Ricky. :)

Thanks Reese & Classic Master.

S.S.

mickeymac
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Sam is the man. If I were asked to vote, I would have to pick Sam Cooke as the greatest singer ever. I cant help it, I love his voice and every single song I've heard by Sam, knocks me out.

Kamasu_Jr
02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
I've seen that Jerry Lewis show on the collector's market for less than $25.00.

randy_russi
02-10-2013, 06:05 AM
I've seen that Jerry Lewis show on the collector's market for less than $25.00.

As I am watching, I am thinking the same as everyone else here...A real
entertainer that can not only sing, but knows how to perform. They
just aren't like this anymore--so much class and style, yet so much
rhythm and soul.
The only thing entertainers today have in common with entertainers
from "old school", they all do things to screw up their lives.
Sam Cooke lost his life way too young.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Absolutely love him. Great clip. Misty.

If you love music of any kind, you have to love Sam Cooke. The consumate entertainer with a superb vocal style. If he had lived, I have little doubt he would still be singing today. He was timeless.

~~Mary~~

the_classic_master
02-10-2013, 11:34 PM
yeah, 25.00 now! 4 years ago when it was nowhere to be found i paid for that show, this isaac hayes variety show[[which nobody has) from 1973 on CBS, feat. the staples, johnnie taylor, the emotions and carla thomas. i also got the complete shebang show with martha & the vandellas at angels stadium. and a few other shows from this collector, way before youtube post it! i made a copy of the sam cooke for this guy[[actually we traded) and he post it on youtube!

Kamasu_Jr
02-10-2013, 11:48 PM
yeah, 25.00 now! 4 years ago when it was nowhere to be found i paid for that show, this isaac hayes variety show[[which nobody has) from 1973 on CBS, feat. the staples, johnnie taylor, the emotions and carla thomas. i also got the complete shebang show with martha & the vandellas at angels stadium. and a few other shows from this collector, way before youtube post it! i made a copy of the sam cooke for this guy[[actually we traded) and he post it on youtube!

I'm not sure where the Jerry Lewis show came from but it's available.
My dad used to buy and collect a lot of videos, but he stopped when YouTube became popular. He got taken by lots of video dealers who charged him a lot of money for videos and now a lot of that stuff is on YouTube or available on the black market for a lot less than he paid for it initially.
Nothing is really exclusive. We have that SHEBANG show with Martha & the Vandellas. And I believe I've seen that Isaac Hayes show too. Did it actually air? Cousin Carla was on that show and if she was she asked for a tape and Carla keeps everything. Some of Isaac's children have to have that show too.

the_classic_master
02-12-2013, 12:57 AM
i feel the same way as your dad does kamasu. i don't buy as much stuff as used to, unless it's very rare and not on youtube! that isaac hayes show did air back in 73 and carla sung "i've fallen in love with you". i do have a shebang show with marvin gaye doing about three songs and i never seen any of them on youtube, shockingly! he does "i worry about you"

misty
02-12-2013, 03:39 PM
theclassicmaster - Small world! That's such a great clip. Thanks for putting it out there. I too lament and miss the class, sophistication, style and versatility of the old school performers. So grateful I had the chance to witness them, front row center.

Methuselah2
02-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Wonderful video, Misty. Thanks so much for posting. Just loved it.

Here's something related. I'd say very related. It was released in 1962, as was Cooke's recording which Cooke had written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zptkv0oa0II