PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name

test

glencro
02-05-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm sure that this has come up before but how did you get your screen name? My middle name is Glen and last name is Cross hence GLENCRO

stephanie
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
My screen name is my real name. I think one of my favorite names on here is West Grand Boulevard!

westgrandboulevard
02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Mine too, Stephanie - and thanks! LOLOL

I couldn't believe my luck when I originally applied, and found I was able to have it as my screen name:)

Soul Sister
02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
My nickname "Soul Sister" was given to me by members of The Jive Five in early 1966 when they called me their 'Little Soul Sister' when a girl from D.C. and I were staying in a crib they subletted from one of the Young Rascals [[Gene, not Cornish, the other one who's last name escapes me right now), among other groups in the biz. It was located at 125 W. 49th Street in mid-town Manhattans.The Jive 5 all lived in Brooklyn. Colony Records was right down the street. Madi Gras a Mafia owned club was downstairs, the FBI was spying on who came and went, lol. What a hot spring & summer that was before I took off for adventures in D.C. and the Howard Theater, the Blue Angel, etc....... :cool:

S.S.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
When I was a member before I used the screen name "dream207". I used it because I am from Maine and the area code is 207.

I'm using the new screen name now because I work for Eugene Pitt [[Jive Five), and also wanted to use my real name as well.

~~Mary~~

marv2
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
This is my real name.

144man
02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
This is my real name too [[sort of!).

Westgrandboulevard, you're lucky that people don't try to walk all over you.

robb_k
02-06-2013, 12:04 AM
This is my real name too [[sort of!).

Your birth name was registered as "One Forty Four", son of Mr. and Mrs. Four, or Mr. and Mrs. Forty Four?

robb_k
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Robb is my real first name. And K is the initial of my real family name[[a very common Dutch name). And the photo that accompanies all my posts is actually me, as I looked 5 years ago [[and still do).

As "Stale Bagel" was already taken, I suppose I could have gone with "Verschimmelde Kippers", but decided not to try to be clever, after all.

goomba
02-06-2013, 12:30 AM
GOOMBA: Just an afficionado of the Godfather and other gangster movies and/or like Ralpht who is another Goomba by choice:D

soulster
02-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Mine's easy: I love soul music!

Methuselah2
02-06-2013, 04:43 AM
I guess it's obvious that Marv2 and I have the same last name. [[Chuckle. Chuckle.)

A friend had been after me for awhile to join SDF but I kept delaying. And he would also often rib me about being old when, in fact, he's only 2 weeks younger than me. Two weeks exactly. So, one time on the phone, I turned the tables on him and greeted him with: "Hello Methuselah." And continued to do that occasionally. When I finally did join SDF, I decided not to tell him right away but instead choose a moniker for myself that perhaps might give him a clue. Perhaps? Just minutes after my first post, I received my first private message, as well--from him, naturally--that simply read: "Oh no. You joined."

144man
02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Your birth name was registered as "One Forty Four", son of Mr. and Mrs. Four, or Mr. and Mrs. Forty Four?

You're under a gross misapprehension.

Hotspurman
02-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Mine is based purely and simply on my favourite football - Tottenham Hotspur, hence Hotspurman. It saves me a whole lot of time trying to think up clever names if I use the same one for just about all of my internet activity - ebay, Easy Jet, SDF etc. Also makes me a hacker's dream I guess...