PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Beyonce's halftime show

test

smark21
02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
The halftime show was entertaining enough. Unlike most Super Bowl halftime acts, Beyonce is a performer who is still at the top of her game. That being said, her game mostly consists of pelvic thrusts and booty shaking. The Destiny's Child reunion was fine and went off better than The Supremes reunion at Motown 25. Kelly and Michelle did get to sing lead parts and no violence occurred during the reunion and neither Kelly or Michelle broke dress code and wore red. Beyonce should have ended her set with Crazy in Love or Single Ladies, rather than screaming "Halo" over and over again. The medley format of the show exposed how
alike Beyonce's songs are. But she has great stage presence and performed with verve and energy. And did I mention there were a lot of pelvic thrusts and booty shakes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5plHXIpnPc

marv2
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I thought she did great ! She shut it down!!!

I also thought the segment with the reunion of Destiny's Child was great. Beyonce scored major points by having her former partners there sharing the spotlight!

ralpht
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
My first thoughts were "Here comes another over the top performance with too many dancers" and such. But actually, I thought it was all pretty good. I agree about the excessive gyrations etc, but she was singing it all live through the act, and the choreography was quite good.

edafan
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I would give it a B +

It was better than some of the recent
Hooties and 2U for instance.

I miss the great singers especially great
soul acts who could have done better,
but never got the chance tho.

edafan

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm not a huge Beyonce fan per say, but I felt she was the right act for the Superbowl. The halftime show is supposed to be spectacular and she delivered. I loved the silouette in the beginning, and seeing Destiny's Child on stage with her. There were no flubs I could see, and she is a fantastic live performer by today's standards.

~~Mary~~

jobeterob
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
The press response has been very positive. A big success.

Soul Sister
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
She may not possess a voice like Whitney but she always puts on a great stage act. She is a wonderful performer in the sense of old show biz and true showmanship or showwomanship, lol. Beyonce is a class act and top of her game. Most entertainers wish they could reach that level. Beyonce works very hard and maintains a squeeky clean image, that's what sponsers pay the big bucks for.

S.S.

jobeterob
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
http://blogs.shawconnect.ca/music/watch-beyonces-super-bowl-halftime-show/

Here is the full show.

Kamasu_Jr
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
I got no complaints. It was the best halftime show I've seen in years. She's a married woman; I'm a married man, but Beyonce can shake her booty and gyrate for me on a stage anytime.

misty
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Why I love Beyonce:
Her confidence/swagger
Her brain power
She's in total control of her career
In a long term seemingly happy & stable relationship
Got her baby, got her life
Never see her in tabloids and have to shake your head in shame and despair
Always looks beautiful
She can dance
She can sing
She makes me proud.

Don't love all her music and her concerts are a little over-produced for my taste, but I thought she was terrific.

glencro
02-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Loved it...she looked great, sounded great, MOVED great...did I mention MOVED great...she worked it out!!!

chidrummer
02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
I guess I'm the only one who was bored to death at the whole spectacle. I mean it was staged well, performed nearly flawlessly, but musically it was just weak.

I guess it didn't help that I was at a SB party with a bunch of women who were just slice and dicing everything from the woman's hair to what boots she was wearing. I thought it telling that no one in a room with eleven people in it said anything about the music.

I say we get Janelle Monae for next year.