PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Butler Motown LPs Coming From Soulmusic

test

calvin
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Love's On The Menu and Suite For The Single Girl.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Loves-Menu-Suite-Single-Girl/dp/B00B427E9I/ref=pd_sim_m_h__1

I've never heard these albums, does anyone who has care to comment?

Kamasu_Jr
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I've heard Suite for the Single Girl. The women in my family really liked "I Wanna Do It To You." They still play that from time to time. Wonder what "do it" means?

soulwally
02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Love's on the menu, from 1976, is pretty good... in fact it's grown on me over the years. You can guess the theme of the title track - it's suave and sexy, and I like the version of the Commodores' This is your life. And, of course, Jerry's in fine voice throughout

blkfrost
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Love's On The Menu is excellent, especially the ballads. Suite For The Single Girl is good, but I prefer his final Motown album "It All Comes Out In My Song". I hope that album gets a CD release... love the song [[When I'm With You) Everything's Cool.

mr soul
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
At last I've just pre-ordered this.

snakepit
02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I had all 3 on vinyl, but somehow lost "love's on the menu".....I've put the other 2 on CD-r, but I will get these as Jerry is a big favourite. Recommend the albums with Thelma Houston too.

soulster
02-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I've had "Suite For The Single Girl" on vinyl LP for about 15 years, and it is one of Jerry Butler's best albums. It was created in heart of the disco era, so there is some disco there.

I have been living with my personal needle drop of it ever since I first heard it, but it will be nice to get it on CD, provided they didn't jack the sound.