PDA

View Full Version : R I P Ann Rabson of Saffire the Uppity Blueswomen

test

daviddesper
01-31-2013, 06:40 PM
The news has broken here in Virginia that Ann Rabson, the founding member of Saffire the Uppity Blueswomen, has lost her battle with cancer at age 67. She was primarily known as the vocalist/keyboardist for the group but also wrote a number of their songs and had even been known to play a mean kazoo!

When the group split up amicably in 2009, she continued work on solo projects, as they all did, and in fact late last year, she released a CD "Not Alone" with Steady Rollin Bob Margolin guest starring. The two of them appeared together in my town in either November or December to promote it and put on an excellent show. Ann was in fine form that night, both vocally and at the piano.

I will try to find a way to link the newspaper article for you guys from her local paper in Fredericksburg.

daviddesper
02-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Here is the link to the article:
http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/01/30/death-claims-ann-rabson-noted-blues-musician/

splanky
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
I was introduced to them rather late in their career by Bob Porter, a producer and an
announcer on wbgo. Ann was quite a talent though I know she flew under the radar of
most of today's blues fans. RIP...