PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Jan 29, 9P-12M ET: After So Long...those 12" that you LOVE so much!

test

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Howdy almost February, FOLKS! I know...I know...it's been FAR too long since I have shared with youa slew of those 12" versions that make you move and make you smile. Well....I'll give you that tonight
in multiple genre so I don't miss a trick...or any of YOU either! And YES...I'm testing you to see who has the class to not go any further with the double entendre than I did [[*smile)!

All that and more tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans
...and we are streaming LIVE worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)

Thanks be to YOU! See you on the RADIOLA!
John

R. Mark Desjardins
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
John, sounds like there'll be a whole lotta shakin' goin' on "Nightflight" this evening, and I for one plan to catch every funky moment!

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Mark....terrific! I can't shake too much myself...it may go flying across the room!

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Maybe I'll just let this speak for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWFIUhyYNE

Everything I know, I learned from TV.
And NIGHTFLIGHT.
It's the thicker radio show.
Why not try one tonight?!
NIGHTFLIGHT.

"Maaaaaaaa, I wanna NIGHTFLIGHT!"

Glenpwood
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Random Thought...

Wasn't Deke Richards the first guy at Motown to perfect the 12" mix [[except he did it on a standard album) via his production of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In on Farewell? It has the hook repeated ad nauseum, more guest vocals than a typical rap album or remix, and a diva whailing "Where Is She? Oh My God Where Is She?" like it's a sample on most typical dance 12" records. If one sped up the tempo a smidge it could probably become quite the poppers o'clock club anthem.... but maybe I've had too much caffeine at the office today;)

See everyone tonight!

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 05:58 PM
That is one interesting post, Glen!
You are workin' the thread!

sophisticated_soul
01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
John, be sure your 12" are a full twelve inches or you might get sued like Subway. Can you believe those jokers suing Subway because their footlong sandwhich was eleven and a half inches? I hope they get laughed out of court. But that's a whole other non-music issue. Looking forward to tonight's show. See you and the gang on the Radiola!:cool:

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
"Honey, this NIGHTFLIGHT is delicious! More, please."

"Hmm. He never asks for a second cup of NIGHTFLIGHT. Must be those 12" versions."

"Honey, I don't need to ask for a second cup of NIGHTFLIGHT 'cause each is oh, so satisfying, in and of itself. But please, dear, do something about your coffee!"

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
"Order, please."

"Yes. I'll have the FOOT-LONG NIGHTFLIGHT, please. Side of fries."

"Here's the fries. Come back at 9pm for the FOOT-LONG special. Eastern time. And make sure you've got your whole party with you, if you know what's good for you."

"Oh, yeah? Let me tell ya--the FOOT-LONG NIGHTFLIGHT "IS" the party!"

Party on, John.

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Maybe I'll just let this speak for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWFIUhyYNE

Everything I know, I learned from TV.
And NIGHTFLIGHT.
It's the thicker radio show.
Why not try one tonight?!
NIGHTFLIGHT.

"Maaaaaaaa, I wanna NIGHTFLIGHT!"

Hahhaa....Bruce....but HOLD the raisins!!

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Random Thought...

Wasn't Deke Richards the first guy at Motown to perfect the 12" mix [[except he did it on a standard album) via his production of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In on Farewell? It has the hook repeated ad nauseum, more guest vocals than a typical rap album or remix, and a diva whailing "Where Is She? Oh My God Where Is She?" like it's a sample on most typical dance 12" records. If one sped up the tempo a smidge it could probably become quite the poppers o'clock club anthem.... but maybe I've had too much caffeine at the office today;)

See everyone tonight!

Glen....hey there! Now THAT'S a 12" that is much more than an earful. Those ladies clearly had too much to drink that night....

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 08:19 PM
John, be sure your 12" are a full twelve inches or you might get sued like Subway. Can you believe those jokers suing Subway because their footlong sandwhich was eleven and a half inches? I hope they get laughed out of court. But that's a whole other non-music issue. Looking forward to tonight's show. See you and the gang on the Radiola!:cool:

Joseph....THAT gave me a good guffaw! Oh...I think Subway should be sued for more than the stingy
length. They misrepresent the amount of meat they put in those huge buns. Now MY footlongs will give
you MORE than enough for the money you pay....whoops....I just broke my double entendre rule!

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
....in the studio....Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

MotownLover
01-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Howdy Johnny...!!!!

Howard in Long Beach, CA;)

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Howdy Johnny...!!!!

Howard in Long Beach, CA;)

Hello Howard!!!!! Great to see you!

sophisticated_soul
01-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks John. I'm still kind of reeling from it myself. It was a wonderful, postitive experience.:)

carole cucumber
01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Sylvester: I Need You Backing vocals by Cookie Holt, Ella Mitchell, Jeanie Tracy, Sylvester

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Sylvester: I Need You Backing vocals by Cookie Holt, Ella Mitchell, Jeanie Tracy, Sylvester

Well...THANK you Carole!!!!!!!

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Tonight's show is MESHUGA 'N' SPICE.
It's crazy good!
I'm havin' a blast, John!
Play on, you host, you.
You are the host with the most.
With those 12-inchers of yours.
Or so I'm hearing.

Keepin' it classy. I'm tryin'.

MotownLover
01-29-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm still here...and AWAKE TOO, Johnny!

:p

sophisticated_soul
01-29-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm here John, enjoying the music.:cool:

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Phewwwwwww......Bruce and Howard and Joe......glad to know that you're enjoying the 12" stuff....and the other stuff......thanks guys!!!!!

Glenpwood
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Great lineup tonight John... Luther, Sylvester, Chuck Mangione, Natalie, you really Know how to make the most of 12 inches ;)

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Great lineup tonight John... Luther, Sylvester, Chuck Mangione, Natalie, you really Know how to make the most of 12 inches ;)

Oh Glen...if you ONLY knew.........thank you....flattery will get you anywhere [[*grin)

MotownLover
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
yes...plotting inch by inch....

:rolleyes:

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
yes...plotting inch by inch....

:rolleyes:

YIKES!!!!! Now I'm REALLY SCARED!!!!

Methuselah2
01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
This is all such wonderful music. Exactly what one would want to hear on a long honeymoon ride to Viagara Falls.

Just keepin' it classy. Er, classy for me, that is. How m' I doin' so far, kids?

midnight johnny
01-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Bruce....you HAD been doing just peachy!!! Thank you!!!

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
"Remember me with ev'ry song you sing,
remember me for my . . .

Well, whateva.

Keepin' it classy. But a tad sassy. I suppose.

Glenpwood
01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Love Dimension 5ive.... Gorgeous harmonies.....

midnight johnny
01-30-2013, 12:05 AM
"Remember me with ev'ry song you sing,
remember me for my . . .

Well, whateva.

Keepin' it classy. But a tad sassy. I suppose.

...and don't forget BRASSY and Lassie....

midnight johnny
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Love Dimension 5ive.... Gorgeous harmonies.....

Yesssssssss......so pretty....pretty.........

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:09 AM
THIS TIME, BABY.
And baby, you're right on time.

This is the first time I've ever heard it on radio. And it sounds sensational. Thank you for playing it, John. Jackie and this tune are sheer perfection. Like the show tonight. Like the host--at times. Like THIS TIME, BABY.

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Holy smokes! What a terrific follow-up, John.
"Ladies & gentlemen in ladies' attire, you have just entered CLUB NIGHTFLIGHT!"

midnight johnny
01-30-2013, 12:21 AM
THIS TIME, BABY.
And baby, you're right on time.

This is the first time I've ever heard it on radio. And it sounds sensational. Thank you for playing it, John. Jackie and this tune are sheer perfection. Like the show tonight. Like the host--at times. Like THIS TIME, BABY.

My pleasure, Bruce!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

midnight johnny
01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Holy smokes! What a terrific follow-up, John.
"Ladies & gentlemen in ladies' attire, you have just entered CLUB NIGHTFLIGHT!"

..............Thanks!!!

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Lassie was a male pooch in ladies attire, so to speak.
And they called him 'Girl'. If a new version of the show ever starts up, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be 'Miss Thing'. Mark my words.

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
CAUGHT UP IN A ONE NIGHT LOVE AFFAIR.
And who hasn't?!
John, I'm gonna have to start callin' you SLUGGER.
'Cause you are knockin' 'em out!

midnight johnny
01-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Well......my subdued little cherubs........it's been lovely to have you....and I'll take you any way I can getcha....have a lovely week and weekend....and see you with the SU-premes and Andy next week........g'night, sweethearts!

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Me, subdued? Me, cherubian? Me, Mahogany? Had no idea!
Me, meshuga? That I had an idea of.

John, I had a ball!
Or can't I say that?
Keepin' it classy to the bitter end.
And it's only bitter 'cause it's ending.

Thank you John. Many, many thanks.
A beautiful show.

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Good night ol' gang of mine.
I know you're out there.

sophisticated_soul
01-30-2013, 01:01 AM
Thanks for a great show John!:) Thanks everybody, see you next time.:cool:

R. Mark Desjardins
01-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Wow John, what a lot of 12 inches of aural pleasure you laid on us this evening - Natalie Cole, Randy Crawford, Dan Hartman, Roberta Flack, etc! How can it get much better! Thank you my freind!

Methuselah2
01-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Mark - There's a really good punchline in your post but I think you wrapped both the line and punch into one nice knock. Good work!

I'm still tryin' to keep it classy.
At least through January.
Gosh, ain't it February yet?