PDA

View Full Version : Miss Cissy Houston has a new book out call Remembering Whitney.

test

Roberta75
01-25-2013, 05:19 PM
I will be buying this book by the great Cissy Houston. She is a personal role model of mine who guide me by her strength anne dignity and faith in God.
This saintly spirit is writing from the heart. May God continue to watch over and comfort and bless Saint Cissy Houston.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20667547,00.html

Roberta

jobeterob
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Cissy Houston and Whitney Houston in 1985
Jack Vartoogian/Getty
PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE
Nearly one year after Whitney Houston's shocking death, her mom Cissy Houston often asks herself: "Could I have saved her somehow?"

In a revealing new memoir, Remembering Whitney [[Harper Collins), Cissy, 79, writes candidly about her daughter's severe drug problems and the downward spiral that led to her death by drowning in a hotel bathtub with traces of cocaine still in her system.

Get more stories on your favorite celebrities by subscribing now.

"She started partying and she didn't really know how to stop," says Cissy. "I used to wonder what she was doing at night, where she was."

But when she tried to contact her, Whitney often didn't return her call.

"Whitney hid from me," says Cissy. And when she did see her, she was often afraid to confront her daughter. Shocked at her skeletal appearance at the Michael Jackson tribute concert in 2001, she never expressed concern.

"What was the point?" she asks. "I didn't want her to run completely away from me."

She doesn't believe former husband Bobby Brown was the cause.

amazon.com
"I blame him for the way he treated her," she says, "but I don't blame him for her drug problems." Still, she adds: "He was no help to her at all."

Cissy also writes for the first time about her daughter's relationship with former assistant Robyn Crawford, who became her creative director.

"I just didn’t want her with my daughter," she says. "I know nothing about a romantic relationship. That's what everybody said but they didn't know either."

She admits, Crawford "cared for her" and reveals for the first time that she was the first one to come tell her Whitney had a drug problem.

Cissy is still tormented by her daughter's sudden death. "I'm angry she died alone, in those conditions," she says. "I'm still mad about that."

Still, she hopes her book will remind people "what a good person she was. I want people to know the truth about her, how she really was."

Roberta75
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I stopped at the drugstore after work and bought the people magazine with Cissy Houston article about her book. i read it on the bus all the way home. It has beautiful photos of dear Cissy with her beloved Nippy as she refer to Whitney as all through the article. This dear sweet decent lady is still in mourning but tells the truth about her feelings and about how she tried real hard to help Whitney. Sweet Cissy talks about how she taught Whitney everything she knew about the music business. Ciossy admits that Whitney's friend Robin Crawford was a lesbian lady although that isnt why Cissy didnt like Robin around whitney. Cissy thought Robin was arrogant but have Whitney's best interests at heart. It was Robin who went to Cissy and told her Whitney was doing drugs and liked drugs too much. Cissy talks about the horror of seeing whitney in 2005 and how what she saw sent a chill down her spine. She talks about getting a court petition to force Whitney to rehab but nothing could stop her beloved daughters slide. She speaks real lovingly about the last time she spend time with Whitney in December before Whitney died. Cissy is worried for Bobbi Kristina but don't see her much. She doesnt blame bobby Brown but adds he didnt help her thats for dam**d sure.

I have so much love admiration and respect for this dear lady and yet my heart breaks for her but I know her faith in God will see her through this painful time. Its little wonder they lovingly call this dear lady Saint Cissy Houston in New York and New Jersey because thats what she is.

This book is going to be a must read.

Roberta

Roberta75
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
This is a clip of Miss Cissy Houston telling Oprah how she found out that her beloved Nippy as she call Whitney had passed. Heartbreaking but you can see the inner strength and strong faith is whats keeping this dear, sweet lady alive.

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/The-Moment-Cissy-Houston-Found-Out-Whitney-Houston-Was-Dead-Video

May God continue to bless this dear lady and American treasure miss Cissy Houston.

Roberta

Roberta75
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
I watched Miss cissy Houston on oprah last night and cried my eyes out. This dear and sweet saintly good woman spoke from the heart and told the truth. It was a real emotional interview about how a mom whos heart is breaking is coping with the untimely death of her music superstar baby. Whitneys brother was also on the show.

To support Miss cissy Houston and let her know we love her please consider buying her book. it is only $16.79 over at amazon and the kindle version is only $12. This book deserves to be read as this is the real deal unlike that hatchet job that was put out by mark Beggo last year. Please click on the link and buy the boiok and show the great and saintly Cissy Houston how much we love her and that we are real proud of her for opening her heart and soul to us.

http://www.amazon.com/Remembering-Whitney-Cissy-Houston/dp/0062238396/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359464684&sr=1-1&keywords=Cissy+houston

Thank you in advance.,

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
That Oprah interview was tough. But Cissy Houston didn't lie or sugarcoat things. She couldn't save her daughter and admitted she can't reach her granddaughter. She talked candidly about Robyn Crawford and how she isn't sure if Robyn and Whitney were romantically involved. I don't understand how she could have said she wouldn't have liked it if Whitney was gay. I guess she meant, she would have still loved her daughter but not accepted what she was doing. At least I hope that's what she meant. It was disturbing because Cissy has been around gay people for much of her life. But not her own daughter. And then her son came out and said he blamed himself for his sister's drug use and admitted he relapsed after Whitney died. Man, that was really revealing...too much so.

Roberta75
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
That Oprah interview was tough. But Cissy Houston didn't lie or sugarcoat things. She couldn't save her daughter and admitted she can't reach her granddaughter. She talked candidly about Robyn Crawford and how she isn't sure if Robyn and Whitney were romantically involved. I don't understand how she could have said she wouldn't have liked it if Whitney was gay. I guess she meant, she would have still loved her daughter but not accepted what she was doing. At least I hope that's what she meant. It was disturbing because Cissy has been around gay people for much of her life. But not her own daughter. And then her son came out and said he blamed himself for his sister's drug use and admitted he relapsed after Whitney died. Man, that was really revealing...too much so.

I don't think Miss Cissy Houston has a problem with gay men or lesbian ladies. She is too good and godly a woman to have any hate in her beautiful heart. You are right Kamasu Miss Cissy sure didnt sugar coat anything. It was very heartbreaking to see how much pain this dear saintly lady is in but her dignity and decency and strength along with her unyielding faith in God will see her through this painful time.

I have ordered 2 copies of Miss Cissy Houstons book and will be sending her another letter of admiration by way of her publisher harper.

Roberta

copley
01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Both Cissy & Whitney, the latter was not my tasse de thé, had a strong gay following. I'm very disappointed in her and I think that Whitney would be appalled. People are people whether they are gay, straight, black, white etc. What mother could turn her back on her child because of her sexuality. It certainly sounded that Cissy would have been unaccepting. Cissy has gone down in my estimation and is certainly no saint! As for her music, well I have much worse than bigots in my collection but I shan't play her for a while. Thankfully I have long since been able to separate out the music from the person in cases like these.

Roberta75
01-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Both Cissy & Whitney, the latter was not my tasse de thé, had a strong gay following. I'm very disappointed in her and I think that Whitney would be appalled. People are people whether they are gay, straight, black, white etc. What mother could turn her back on her child because of her sexuality. It certainly sounded that Cissy would have been unaccepting. Cissy has gone down in my estimation and is certainly no saint! As for her music, well I have much worse than bigots in my collection but I shan't play her for a while. Thankfully I have long since been able to separate out the music from the person in cases like these.

I have many dear friends who are lesbian ladies and a darling nephew and best friend who is a gay gentleman and I can swear to my Heavenly Father that I dont have a anti gay bone in my body or an anti gay thought in my heart or soul. In the case of Cissy Houston I am prepared to cut this dear lady and saintly lady IMO some slack. She is older and grieving and her heart is broken. No mom should every have to bury their child. It aint supposed to happen this way folks. I know Miss Cissy is a decent God fearing lady with strong faith and a good but broken heart. This lady is real sad and in a lot of pain so I ask you please to go easy on her.

Thank you you are real good people.

Roberta

nomis
01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
heres my take on the Whitney/Robyn relationship..Whitney didnt date in her teens,she was a tough tomboy who loved her brothers she ridiculed by her class mates for her singing aspirations and blooming modelling career..she didnt have close girlfriends...when she met Robyn at the camp in the summer she found a young lady who was just as street tough as her,also considered an outsider they bonded and a strong relationship began where they secluded everyone else out of their own private world..as she had no boyfriends Whitney felt a physical attraction to Robyn that is normal in any teen feeling adult emotions for the first time and by all accounts Robyns feelings for Whitney were just as strong..an early lesbian relationship is a perfectly normal part of adolence as is an initial homosexual bond for two close male teenagers..however once Whitneys career took off she found herself the attention of wealthy,talented successful men some she dated like Eddie Murphy,some she left out in the cold like Robert De'Niro...however Robyns jealously grew to monstrous proportions there where many violent conflicts between them and the moment she met Bobby at The Soul train Awards and he gave her attitude..Robyns fate was sealed..Whitney fell in love with Brown and progressed to be the hetrosexual woman she was for the rest of her life...she may have loved Robyn once but she certainly loved Bobby more..her marriage to him was under intense media scrutiny for as long as it lasted..and the where no other rumours of Lesbian affairs - because there wasnt any..Whitney wasnt gay or bisexual she was straight her relationship with robyn only came later than other teenagers because she was the daughter of Elvis's back up singer from a strict religious baptist gospel lord fearing culture..no man interested her until that damn Bobby came along...

glencro
01-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I respect and admire Cissy for being so open and honest about Whitney. It has to be a very hard thing to do. As far as her admitting that she would not have liked it if Whitney was gay. A lot of people will befriend, hang out with and even travel with gay people and genuinely love them, as long as it's not in their family. Maybe that's Cissy's take on it.

Roberta75
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
heres my take on the Whitney/Robyn relationship..Whitney didnt date in her teens,she was a tough tomboy who loved her brothers she ridiculed by her class mates for her singing aspirations and blooming modelling career..she didnt have close girlfriends...when she met Robyn at the camp in the summer she found a young lady who was just as street tough as her,also considered an outsider they bonded and a strong relationship began where they secluded everyone else out of their own private world..as she had no boyfriends Whitney felt a physical attraction to Robyn that is normal in any teen feeling adult emotions for the first time and by all accounts Robyns feelings for Whitney were just as strong..an early lesbian relationship is a perfectly normal part of adolence as is an initial homosexual bond for two close male teenagers..however once Whitneys career took off she found herself the attention of wealthy,talented successful men some she dated like Eddie Murphy,some she left out in the cold like Robert De'Niro...however Robyns jealously grew to monstrous proportions there where many violent conflicts between them and the moment she met Bobby at The Soul train Awards and he gave her attitude..Robyns fate was sealed..Whitney fell in love with Brown and progressed to be the hetrosexual woman she was for the rest of her life...she may have loved Robyn once but she certainly loved Bobby more..her marriage to him was under intense media scrutiny for as long as it lasted..and the where no other rumours of Lesbian affairs - because there wasnt any..Whitney wasnt gay or bisexual she was straight her relationship with robyn only came later than other teenagers because she was the daughter of Elvis's back up singer from a strict religious baptist gospel lord fearing culture..no man interested her until that damn Bobby came along...

Is this your opinion Norris or is this the truth? Id like you to please tell me before i answer.

Thank you and best regards.

Roberta

smark21
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Sorry, but I think Cissy Houston is a monstrous stage mother of Mama Rose of Gypsy style proportions.

Kamasu_Jr
01-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Cissy Houston admits she was tough on Whitney...like most stage mothers and fathers are on their kids who go into show business. They mean well and want their children to succeed, but some go to far. The parents can't help being hyper-critical and the kids are already hypersensitive. The singer Syleena Johnson has the same problem with her dad, Syl. He is tough on her. I've seen it up-close and on her TV show. She loves him as a father but can't stand him as a critic or coach. Whitney, I'm told, was basically the same way with her mother.

But I was shocked at Cissy saying she would not have liked it if she found out Whitney was gay or might have had a lesbian affair. To me, that's like putting a condition on your love for your child. "I'll only love you if you do things my way..." Imagine the kind of message that sends to your child. No wonder Whitney didn't tell her mother everything.

Roberta75
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Sorry, but I think Cissy Houston is a monstrous stage mother of Mama Rose of Gypsy style proportions.

I respectfully disagree smark21. Miss Cissy Houston is a good decent and kind and caring Christian woman. She is lovingly known as Saint Cissy in New York and New Jersey and her heart is broken. she looked real dad on Oprah the other night and the dear lady told oprah she never wanted her beloved nippy [[that what she called Whitney) to be a star and i could tell this decent woman was telling the truth. Miss Cissy Houston is neither a liar or a fake. she is a grieving mother who burried her baby but even through her grief you can see God in this dear lady.

I think you being a little hard on her smark21.

Roberta

theboyfromxtown
01-31-2013, 03:52 AM
I am struggling to understand how Cissy Houston can gather together memories that were previously private and personal and make them available in hardback, paperback, kindle and an audio edition selling at some $15 to $25 each, all within a year of her daughter's passing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwK67UvWPJs

smark21
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
And she also participated in a family reality show called Life After Whitney.

smark21
01-31-2013, 08:56 AM
I respectfully disagree smark21. Miss Cissy Houston is a good decent and kind and caring Christian woman. She is lovingly known as Saint Cissy in New York and New Jersey and her heart is broken. she looked real dad on Oprah the other night and the dear lady told oprah she never wanted her beloved nippy [[that what she called Whitney) to be a star and i could tell this decent woman was telling the truth. Miss Cissy Houston is neither a liar or a fake. she is a grieving mother who burried her baby but even through her grief you can see God in this dear lady.

I think you being a little hard on her smark21.

Roberta

We'll have to agree to disagree on this matter Roberta.

Roberta75
01-31-2013, 01:20 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this matter Roberta.

Thank you for your respectful and kind response smark21. It's real important to disagree without having altercations and you show real class and decency dear.

Respecfully yours.

Roberta

nosey
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I think we older folk just prefer that our children be heterosexual. Of course, I wouldn't turn my back on my child but it would take some time for me to accept that my child is "pulling sheets" with someone of the same gender. Just sayin............

Roberta, I also have great respect and admiration for Cissy Houston.

Kamasu_Jr
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd just prefer that my child be happy. Homosexuality is not considered a mental illness nor is it a crime. I think the problem lies with people letting their minds wonder to what gay couples do in bed. Being a teacher and working with young kids, I see a lot of children struggling with their sexuality. It doesn't matter what my sons grow up and choose to do sexually. Of course, I would prefer they wait until they are old enough to handle sex [[like when they are thirty...just kidding). But I see too many kids trying to handle sexuality and sexual activity and they just aren't ready for it.

jobeterob
02-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Cissy Houston lived in an era where being gay was a crime in many jurisdictions and where it was at least frowned on. She obviously has not moved on, nor has her thinking in that respect progressed. I don't think it is positive or attractive, but I understand it and I believe she still loved Whitney greatly.

Whitney's death did not ignite the kind of financial momentum that Michael Jackson's death did. I wonder if some of Cissy Houston's behaviour is attributable to Whitney's financial situation at her death and to a shortage of cash.

I will say one thing in favour of Cissy ~ if she avoided throwing something negative in her book about Diana Ross ~ that is to be commended.

nomis
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Cissy despised Robyn..she once attacked her and kicked her repeatedly in the back as Robyn lay on the ground..Cissy hated having to try and contact Whitney and go thru Robyn who was Whitneys personal gofer..Robyn threatened to kill herself on Whitneys wedding day so Whitney bought her a porsche to shut her up....

Roberta75
02-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Cissy despised Robyn..she once attacked her and kicked her repeatedly in the back as Robyn lay on the ground..Cissy hated having to try and contact Whitney and go thru Robyn who was Whitneys personal gofer..Robyn threatened to kill herself on Whitneys wedding day so Whitney bought her a porsche to shut her up....

norris i am real sorry to have to say this and I dont mean to insult you but I dont believe a word of this. The great and saintly Miss Cissy Houston did not attack whitneys friend Robyn and kick her. This lady is a Christian and a grieving lady who lost a daughter and this woman is classy and kind and decent and respectable. No norris the great Miss Cissy Houston has never ever fought like a alley cat IMO.

Roberta

Roberta75
02-04-2013, 12:43 AM
I think we older folk just prefer that our children be heterosexual. Of course, I wouldn't turn my back on my child but it would take some time for me to accept that my child is "pulling sheets" with someone of the same gender. Just sayin............

Roberta, I also have great respect and admiration for Cissy Houston.

Miss Cissy is a lady who deserves our respect and admiration nosey. She is loved and admired and respected by millions which is whe shes known as Saint Cissy Houston in New York and new Jersey.

Hope you are all settled into your new home dear.

Yours, with every good wish,

Roberta

smark21
02-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Cissy Houston may not have ever fought like an Alley Cat, but she’s probably fought like a lady wrestler or a roller derby queen.

Roberta75
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Cissy Houston may not have ever fought like an Alley Cat, but she’s probably fought like a lady wrestler or a roller derby queen.

Miss Cissy Houston is a real gracious lady and and as such does not get into pysical altercations smark21.

Roberta

jobeterob
02-06-2013, 01:36 AM
I think Smark21 is right. Cissy shows a very rough side. I read some of the People story and I watched a lot of the interview on youtube...........looks to me like Whitney had a lesbian side; she sure was very feminine looking as well. Ya, Cissy struggled with it; well, no surprise there; in her day, it was completely unacceptable. She can't totally adapt and forget what she was taught.

The family sure had a rough, tough side and all the money in the world just made it worse for them. It bought drugs, heartache, and a seeming loss of connection to each other, now being carried on by the granddaughter losing her connection to Cissy. A tragedy.