PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - NPR Interview - 1/23/2013 - In Phila.

test

Methuselah2
01-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Mary is the 2nd interview on the site's page.

http://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/

marv2
01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you Methuselah, I will check it out.

smark21
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Here's the direct link:

http://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/2013/01/23/former-supremes-co-founder-mary-wilson/

milven
01-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Mary has given so many interviews, that it is hard for her to come up with anything new that we did not know. But, I did hear three new things in this interview. She said that at age 69, she appreciates it if you call her Miss Wilson and not Mary. She says that the group disbanded in 1988. I didn't like hearing that because then she is legitimizing Kaaren calling herself a Supreme. And she says that she was the last to leave the Supremes and that is why she got the gowns. But, she is only the last to leave the Supremes if you believe that the group disbanded in 1988. I believe that Mary left the Supremes in 1977 and the the group disbanded soon after instead of continuing with a new replacement for Mary. Believing that, then the last members of the group were Susaye and Sherrie.

It was a good, upbeat interview.

rod_rick
01-24-2013, 02:52 AM
Mary has given so many interviews, that it is hard for her to come up with anything new that we did not know. But, I did hear three new things in this interview. She said that at age 69, she appreciates it if you call her Miss Wilson and not Mary. She says that the group disbanded in 1988. I didn't like hearing that because then she is legitimizing Kaaren calling herself a Supreme. And she says that she was the last to leave the Supremes and that is why she got the gowns. But, she is only the last to leave the Supremes if you believe that the group disbanded in 1988. I believe that Mary left the Supremes in 1977 and the the group disbanded soon after instead of continuing with a new replacement for Mary. Believing that, then the last members of the group were Susaye and Sherrie.

It was a good, upbeat interview.

I know what you mean, but Mary screw up those dates sometime. I think she get ahead of herself at times in interviews. I know in conert she once said that Cindy, Jean, and herself recorded "Bad Weather" I've also heard her say Love CHild was recorded in 1965, so I don't give it a second thought when Mary give out dates when in fact I knew it not to be true. The thing that I hate is people will hear that and run with it knowing full well it was not true. BTW was Mary still under contract with Motown in 1978 as a Supreme?