PDA

View Full Version : A Video Laugh: Do you feel closer to Jesus or Diana Ross? [[Poor Gloria Gaynor)

test

jobeterob
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKk00OYKhU

Do you feel closer to Jesus or Diana Ross?

I saw this video and I am feeling a bit torn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKk00OYK…

10 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.

Diana Ross. She's real.
Source[[s):
http://jesusneverexisted.com/

Block User

Well, I know Diana Ross is probably within 8000 miles of me right now, and Jesus [[if he ever existed) is dead. So, I am closer to Diana Ross. I can't really feel my distance from either person, because neither are within reaching distance. If you are asking which person do I know better, I'd have to say Diana Ross again, because I don't even know if Jesus ever existed. So, Diana Ross is my final answer.

Block User

I am pretty sure Diana touched me this morning,but then she just walked away mumbling something about needing a drink..
6 hours ago

carlo
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry Rob, but I'm a Christian and I don't find any of this funny at all. In fact, I find the Youtube video offensive. To answer your question, I feel closer to Jesus. He is my Lord and Savior. Diana Ross is not.

soulster
09-29-2010, 08:26 PM
The question is ridiculous. What kind of nut would choose DR?

johnjeb
09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks Rob, that was a hoot. I had seen it before but completely forgot about it. I'm still chuckling.;)

nomis
09-29-2010, 09:52 PM
If it had been Michael Jackson or Jesus.... I know what many of MJs "enthusiastic" fans would have chosen....

marv2
09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
This is sick and getting sicker! Not funny, but definitely warped.

MissLish
09-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Lord! And they want to vote them back in?

jobeterob
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm not quite sure what to think of it! 5 Million views though.

My first thought was poor Gloria Gaynor; they use her version and talk about Diana Ross. Go to a Diana Ross concert and you'll know why the song will never leave her concert........the place erupts. And Gloria gets no respect.

And I love some of the looks on the guy's face. You gotta laugh.

The Christian/Jesus aspect...........in my country, like most of the rest of the world, the "Jesus guys" did their best to bend over the altar boys and diddle the little girls in every room they could; they took children away from their families and put them in residential schools and beat them and sexually abused them; then the current Pope "retired" them to a safe place with a nice living while the victims strove to "survive". Piss on the Church and the current Pope. They DESERVE parody at a minimum and at a maximum, they deserve...........well, maybe some of what they gave.

Supreme Being forbid................I'm sure this MJ reference will bring back the guy who wanted to join Michael wherever he may be.

The end was jarring for me.

Yea, its definitely a hoot, warped and makes you think. The Church needs some disrespect!

captainjames
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
There is a video of an animated alien that sings this song that I found funny but, this I didn't like. Jesus did exist and there is proof that he walked this earth. Now whether your belief is if he was the son of GOD and our lord and savior is on you. I sure would not want to be the one wrong. That being said besides Diana recording this song after Gloria, what does this have to do with Diana ?

randy_russi
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Amen,Carlo!

marv2
09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
There is a video of an animated alien that sings this song that I found funny but, this I didn't like. Jesus did exist and there is proof that he walked this earth. Now whether your belief is if he was the son of GOD and our lord and savior is on you. I sure would not want to be the one wrong. That being said besides Diana recording this song after Gloria, what does this have to do with Diana ?

Jobeterob! That's what it has to do with Diana! He has the ability to work her name into any and all discussions no matter what the topic. When she dies, let's see of she is going to be resurrected on the third day. I don't find any of this amusing in the least. It is disgusting

jobeterob
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Marv, your the one obsessed with Diana.........hence your endless Youtube tirades against her and your former observations here that she killed Florence Ballard in concert with Berry etc. and your inability to call her Diana.

This was most interesting to a Soul Music fan because they used the Gloria Gaynor song but referenced Diana Ross.........a fairly common mistake; one we see so often with lots of artists and songs.

The religion issue is of course controversial. Many churches have no status to lecture anybody about morality, ethics and good [[nor does Marv of course) - the Roman Catholic church for example and don't you guys have some fellow down there "railing against homosexuality" while playing with the young guys in the church? If there is a God/Jesus, he is not the one pitched to us by most churches - he can't be because there are so many religions. But he may be the one that many decent people live by.

soulster
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Amen,Carlo!

I'll second that!

Livingallalone
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok I watched the video and it's gloria singing and whatever..but what the hell did Diana Ross become the one brought up in this ?

jonc
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't find any of this amusing in the least. It is disgusting

But not as disgusting as your vile Homophobic rants eh Marvie?

1382hitsville
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Ahhh...I don't like this.

I'm not religious.

But I have respect for all, also for the people who could find the humour in this but me...no I did not like this.

jobeterob
09-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I was appalled at the Diana Ross reference and using the Gloria Gaynor song, but it's typical. I smirked at some of the expressions of the man and some of what he did. I didn't care for the bus thing at the end. As you know, I'm not impressed by organized religion of any nature but a supreme being is a different issue.

Although this video is good for discussion, I'm a little bit uncomfortable with it.

Marv, it's OK for Diana to be your Supreme Being. I'm good with it.

marv2
09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Jobeterob, you can talk about me all day long, I don't care. I may not be as militant about my religion as my Islamic friends. But you damned well sure had at least respect it! Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior whether you believe, agree or not...... I do not care. You had just better respect it!

Marv

topdiva1
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Please TRY and be respectful - the posting was most likely meant to be tongue in cheek.

soulster
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Please TRY and be respectful - the posting was most likely meant to be tongue in cheek.

Some people don't see it that way. They get very offended if they believe you are insulting their Lord and Savior.

I know this forum is filled with wild-eyed Diana Ross fans, but there are also many here who are not so enamored of her.

jillfoster
09-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I didn't see no reference to miss big hair in that video... not in the description, the tag line, nothing. What, a couple diana Ross freaks post some reply to something and that's supposed to mean something? Gloria Gaynor's song was the biggest selling song of 1979, Diana's version didn't even make the top 40. Let's get a grip, ok?

jobeterob
10-01-2010, 01:22 AM
You might be right............I googled for concert reviews and came up with that. Anyways.............

Marv................as you well know, I couldn't care less what or where you worship. But if I said I had disrespected your religion, are we going back to the days when you were reporting all and sundry on here to Mary? You of all people on this forum have little standing to talk about respectful posts. Stars and garters man!

Maybe forget the Ross bullshit and laugh a little bit. She doesn't give one shit about any of us and she seems to been hugely happy these days. Find some of it for you.

MissLish
10-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Sniggling @ jobetrob!

jobeterob
10-01-2010, 04:52 PM
This is why a lot of organized religion is not entitled to a lot of respect.

By The Associated Press, cbc.ca, Updated: October 1, 2010 4:07 PM

Vatican asked by judge to serve Pope papers

A U.S. judge is asking the Vatican to co-operate in serving the Pope and two other top officials with court papers that stem from decades-old allegations of sexual abuse by a priest in Wisconsin.

The request is an incremental — and long shot — step in a lawsuit that accuses the officials of conspiring to keep the allegations against a Milwaukee priest quiet. The Vatican is not obliged to comply with the request.

Under similar circumstances, the Vatican has made service difficult, time consuming and expensive by insisting, for example, that documentation be translated into Latin, one of the Vatican's official languages.

Mike Finnegan, lawyer for the Chicago-based plaintiff, said Friday he's not holding out hope that the Vatican reverses course and begins to co-operate now.

"Based on what they've done in other cases, I don't expect them to do the right thing," he said. "I expect more delay and obstruction."

A message left Friday with the Vatican's U.S.-based lawyer, Jeffrey Lena, was not immediately returned.

The lawsuit, filed in April in U.S. Federal Court, names as defendants Joseph Ratzinger, who is now Pope Benedict XVI; Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican secretary of state; and his predecessor, Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

It claims the three men knew about allegations of sexual abuse at a Milwaukee-area school for the deaf and called off internal punishment of the accused priest. Rev. Lawrence Murphy, who died in 1998, was accused of sexually abusing some 200 boys at the school from 1950 to 1974.

'Publicity stunt'

Lena has called the lawsuit a publicity stunt with no merit, and said it rehashes theories already rejected by U.S. courts.

The court order requesting the Vatican's co-operation was signed Sept. 24 by U.S. District Judge Rudolph Randa. It was released Friday by the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, or SNAP.

"The court requests the assistance described herein as necessary in the interests of justice," Randa wrote.

Plaintiffs in two other U.S. cases have also sued the Vatican under similar arguments. The three plaintiffs in the Kentucky case dismissed their case last month, and a case in Oregon is ongoing.

SNAP spokesman Arthur Budzinski called the Wisconsin court order a "hopeful sign."

He said he hoped it would lead to the Pope testifying directly under oath about what he knew about Murphy's actions when, as then Cardinal Ratzinger, he headed a powerful office that oversees the discipline of priests.

carlo
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I was appalled at the Diana Ross reference and using the Gloria Gaynor song, but it's typical. I smirked at some of the expressions of the man and some of what he did. I didn't care for the bus thing at the end. As you know, I'm not impressed by organized religion of any nature but a supreme being is a different issue.

Although this video is good for discussion, I'm a little bit uncomfortable with it.

Marv, it's OK for Diana to be your Supreme Being. I'm good with it.

This discussion started with a bold post...so now it's time for a bold response...

First of all, thank you Randy, soulster and Marv for backing me up. I find this thread TOTALLY OFFENSIVE. I almost feel outraged. Rob...you have certainly shown your true colours here. All this time, you've been talking about "crazy Ross fans this" and "crazy Ross fans that", when really, you seem to be one yourself...whether you realize it or not. The fact that you were "APPALLED" at the Diana Ross reference with a Gloria Gaynor song...that's a trivial issue to say the least. And yet your somehow willing to drag religion into all of this and ask, "WHO DO YOU FEEL CLOSER TO? JESUS OR DIANA ROSS?"...do you not think that more people will be "APPALLED" with you asking that type of question? Make whatever defenses you want...I know that you're a lawyer and it's your job to talk a load of B.S. everyday...but at the end of the day, you're being INSENSITIVE. PERIOD. I believe you've crossed the line...and you can make all the excuses and do all the sucking up you want...but that doesn't make it right.

You say that the "Jesus guys" DESERVE a parody?! I've never heard a more lame excuse. Those "Jesus guys" [[as you call them) who abused innocent children are not Christians. They may have some sort of sick and twisted association with the Catholic religion...but according to the words and teachings of Jesus...they ARE NOT His followers. They are sick and perverse old men who will be punished accordingly for their sins on this earth and in hell. You may have your opinion on these "Jesus guys" who abuse children, which is fine...and I'm sure that I SHARE YOUR OPINION on these disgusting priests...BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE to trash Jesus Christ. Get what I'm saying? I have had my own terrible experiences within the Christian church...it didn't involve any sexual abuse...but it did involve a lot of mental abuse, manipulation...etc, etc. I was pretty much part of a cult for a long time...and didn't realize it until several years after [[and I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this...since it happens all the time). Now after all of that...I could have said, "FORGET IT. Not gonna be a Christian anymore." But no...I haven't walked away from my faith, because these people who do these negative and hurtful things are not Christians. I refuse to allow them to affect my faith. RELIGION and having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS. Obviously these twisted priests are all concerned with religion...but I'm sure that Jesus means NOTHING to them in their hearts. That's obvious. Or else they wouldn't be doing what they're doing to these children. Just because you go to church, it doesn't mean your a Christian. Just like standing in a garage doesn't necessarily make you a car.

You, my sir, need to apologize for your insensitivity. You talk about "THIS COUNTRY"...yeah, well, you and I both share the same country...and most people "in this country" RESPECT one another's beliefs. So get with it.

This forum has just become too much of a circus. I am usually a pretty nice guy and I'm willing to let certain things pass...but when it comes to someone insulting my faith in the Lord...I WILL NOT STAND FOR THAT.

MissLish
10-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Religion should be outlawed.

jobeterob
10-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Carlo, do you not understand that the Catholic Church has protected/sheltered/hidden these "Jesus Guys"? Parody? In many countries, they would simply have taken them out and shot them on the spot or stoned them. A parody is nothing.

Religion is a touchy topic. You and everyone else is entitled to your opinion and belief. I am to mine as is Miss Lish. The Catholic Church is an abomination. Defend it as you wish. Perhaps it is you who should apologize for that kind of defence. I suspect you don't understand all the bad they are responsible for.

I will stick to my colors and if you understand them, you should respect them. And if you don't.........so be it; we'll probably both continue to breath.

Organized religion should be outlawed.

144man
10-02-2010, 06:25 AM
It wouldn't work. Evolution seems to have hardwired religious beliefs into the human psyche.

Livingallalone
10-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Rob,
I am not sure I am far from your quote of Organized religion being banned but we have to keep in mind it is MAN that has given GOD [[ Jesus, Muhammad, Allah) or whatever name you perfer a Bad Name. [[At least I am holding on to that!) While I am no fan of the Catholic Church I aslo know NOT every priest is Child Molester. Now Respect for the way the Catholic's do their dirty work no...but..a.gain we talking MAN here. Also Most Muslins do not share the beliefs of the few that do wrong in the name of their God and faith. And On and on but again this MAN made.
However I do think posting the video here was mistake-We all have to share the world and for my Catholic freinds that choose not to eat meat on friday, I don't laugh at them that is their choose and the same to Jews that fast durning Passover...it's a free world and it doesn't hurt anyone so Be it. The key I See missing is respect, if I don't like it or believe in it then neither should you [[?)

And the last thing Is I still don't get why Diana Ross had to brought in to this!

Bill

soulster
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Carlo,

I backed you up because it's the right thing to do. I'm offended when Rob calls those predatory priests "Jesus guys". Jesus was against harming children. Those people are the lowest on the list, and the church covered it up. We have another guy now in Atlanta, another in a long string of "men of the cloth" who use their position to commit statutory rape. And, be it church officials or the flock, they come to the defense of these criminals, and hide the truth. This we agree on.

However, as I still have Jesus as my lord and savior, I have rejected christianity, as a religion, because it's man-made. And, I have had it with the constant parade of bigots, racists, and other ignorant, insensitive people that call themselves christian. They do not speak or act in the name of the lord, so why would I want to be identified with them? I don't have to be a christian to believe in him. You might say the tea-bagger/republican/christian right doesn't just chase away women, minorities and gays, they chase away other christians, just as those child-molesting priests chase away catholics.

jobeterob
10-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, today is my day for volunteering at a fundraiser for the Y.........so I'll be short.

Of course there are many wonderful giving church going people. And many individual churches doing much good. I have no issue with them.

Many organized churches I have a lot of problems with - the Catholic Church, what the Taliban does in the name of religion for two. Those are some of what I class "Jesus guys" and I would throw in the man in the USA chasing young people in Church.

And I question who God is? If he is the person represented by Buddha, Confucius, Jesus and he is one being ~ I can buy it. But most churches can't buy that. The real guy is not who they are worshipping and their version of being "good" doesn't jive with the version many of us have.

Is there a Supreme Being? Things that happened are a little too magical to believe there isn't.

How the video got hooked to Diana Ross? You tell me. I assume that some person mistook the Gloria Gaynor song for the Diana Ross song or does not know the difference between the two ~ just assumes a singer singing that way is Diana Ross. If you follow Motown, you know it happens all the time.

carlo
10-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Carlo, do you not understand that the Catholic Church has protected/sheltered/hidden these "Jesus Guys"? Parody? In many countries, they would simply have taken them out and shot them on the spot or stoned them. A parody is nothing.

Religion is a touchy topic. You and everyone else is entitled to your opinion and belief. I am to mine as is Miss Lish. The Catholic Church is an abomination. Defend it as you wish. Perhaps it is you who should apologize for that kind of defence. I suspect you don't understand all the bad they are responsible for.

I will stick to my colors and if you understand them, you should respect them. And if you don't.........so be it; we'll probably both continue to breath.

The problem Rob is that you are entitled to your opinion, but the fact is, is that you are the one who started this thread...and you don't seem to realize how offensive and ignorant your posts are. There's a difference between having an opinion and being disrespectful. You think that your opinion gives you a "get out of jail free card"...so you think that because you're against religion...you can just post whatever you want...including a video that disrespects Jesus Christ. Similarly, just because some extremist Muslims were responsible for 9/11...it does not give me the excuse to bash their religion and make disrespectful remarks. That would be IGNORANT. That's exactly what you are doing. You may be a lawyer, but your excuses suck.

Anyway, you were the one Rob, who introduced this discussion in the first place by posting this disgusting video and question. The fact that you posted it on the forum...that was done in poor taste and poor judgment.

Also, I agree with soulster. I do not practice any religion. I grew up Catholic and then several years later I transitioned into the fundamentalist word of faith church, which claims to be non-denominational, but it still has many religious and even sometimes cultic aspects to it. I no longer associate myself with either of these groups. I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I live by the Word of God...the Bible. That's my faith. That's what I was defending. So if you think I was trying to defend these sick priests or the Catholic church...then maybe you should go back and re-read my post and quit trying to twist my words. But I guess that's what you lawyers try to do.

I'm also offended with the association you've been making between these sick priests and Jesus...by labeling them as "Jesus guys". You're rude, insensitive and ignorant.

soulster
10-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Of course there are many wonderful giving church going people. And many individual churches doing much good. I have no issue with them.

I don't care how giving, or wonderful a church may be, it's what's in their little hearts that's the problem. Their giving is very selective. Push them to see how far they will go with their good deeds, and it will come out. Ask them wnat they would make the girl do if their daughter got knocked up by a family member, or found out if their son or daughter was gay, or how they feel about Obama. Their glow will wear off quickly.

Many organized churches I have a lot of problems with - the Catholic Church, what the Taliban does in the name of religion for two. Those are some of what I class "Jesus guys" and I would throw in the man in the USA chasing young people in Church.

Don't you get it? These people are not "Jesus guys"! They don't follow the teachings of Jesus! They don't even deserve to be put in the same sentence with Jesus! They molest children! They rape children! You should call them something else.

And I question who God is? If he is the person represented by Buddha, Confucius, Jesus and he is one being ~ I can buy it. But most churches can't buy that. The real guy is not who they are worshipping and their version of being "good" doesn't jive with the version many of us have.

Thank you! All the more reason you shouldn't be calling those pedophiles "Jesus guys".

Is there a Supreme Being? Things that happened are a little too magical to believe there isn't.

Yes, I believe there is too.

How the video got hooked to Diana Ross? You tell me. I assume that some person mistook the Gloria Gaynor song for the Diana Ross song or does not know the difference between the two ~ just assumes a singer singing that way is Diana Ross. If you follow Motown, you know it happens all the time.

The one thing that has turned me off to a lot of Diana Ross's music are the obsessed fans. And, why so many of them have decided to congregate on the Soulful Detroit Forum is beyond me. There's more to Motown than Supremes/Diana Ross and Mary Willson. And, why are these people obsessed with Ross, anyway? She's just a singer for cryin' out loud!

MissLish
10-02-2010, 05:38 PM
The real guy is not who they are worshipping and their version of being "good" doesn't jive with the version many of us have.

No dear; Goddess is a she. Let's keep it real now.

supreme_lady
10-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Jillfoster,Was there really any need for your nasty comments??? whenever I have been on this board, every word that comes out of your mouth concerning Diana has always been petty and nasty, then again you never have any thing nice to say to Miss Ross or her fans.
I do wonder what your motivation is sometimes.

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Here's one example of Church problems:

. Judge Asks Vatican To Serve Court Papers To Pope

Email Comments 282 MILWAUKEE — A federal U.S. judge is asking the Vatican to cooperate in serving the pope and two other top officials with court papers that stem from decades-old allegations of sexual abuse by a priest in Wisconsin.

The request is an incremental step in a lawsuit that accuses the officials of conspiring to keep the allegations against the Milwaukee priest quiet. The Vatican is not obliged to comply with the request.

When faced with similar requests the Vatican has made service difficult, time-consuming and expensive by insisting, for example, that documentation be translated into Latin, one of the Vatican's official languages.

Mike Finnegan, the attorney representing the Chicago-based plaintiff, said Friday he's not holding out hope that the Vatican reverses course and begins to cooperate now.

"Based on what they've done in other cases, I don't expect them to do the right thing," he said. "I expect more delay and obstruction."

Jeffrey Lena, the Vatican's U.S.-based attorney, said he hadn't seen the court request and couldn't comment on whether the Vatican would comply with it.

The lawsuit, filed in April in U.S. federal court, names as defendants Joseph Ratzinger, who is now Pope Benedict XVI; Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican secretary of state, and his predecessor, Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

It claims the three men knew about allegations of sexual abuse at a Milwaukee-area school for the deaf, and called off internal punishment of the accused priest. The Rev. Lawrence Murphy, who died in 1998, was accused of sexually abusing some 200 boys at the school from 1950 to 1974.

Lena has called the lawsuit a publicity stunt and said it rehashes theories already rejected by U.S. courts.

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Here is another:

Evening Buzz: Bishop Sex Scandal

Posted: September 23rd, 2010 09:31 PM

Bishop Eddie Long drew criticism for marching against gay marriage.
Maureen Miller
AC360° Writer

Tonight, one of the biggest names in the evangelical community is facing allegations he coerced three young men to have sex with him. Bishop Eddie Long of the 25-thousand member New Birth Missionary Baptist Church near Atlanta denies the charges.

"Let me be clear: The charges against me and New Birth are false," Long said in a statement read by his attorney on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. "I have devoted my life to helping others and these false allegations hurt me deeply, but my faith is strong and the truth will emerge."

20-year old Maurice Robinson, 21-year-old Anthony Flagg met Pastor Long through his LongFellows Youth Academy. The third man accusing Long, 23-year-old Jamal Parris, joined New Birth whne he was 14. He went on to become a summer camp counselor at the church and served as Long's personal assistant.

Long is known for publicly denouncing homosexuality.

We'll talk about the case with Ted Haggard, who was forced out his own megachurch four years ago after a scandal involving drugs and a gay prostitute. You’ll also hear from Pastor Troy Sanders, an openly gay minister in Atlanta.

robbert
10-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Rob, I completely agree with you in your anger against those in the church[[es) who have molested children. Here in Holland we have our rage and anger, too, and lots of cases against many 'shepherds' of the Roman Catholic church. But let's not make it a witch hunt. Let justice prevail and let justice take its course. But this is not the forum to dwell on that subject.
And make no mistake, child abuse is everywhere, also in scouting, to drop just one name.

I laughed my ass off after seeing that video, but maybe that's because I'm a gay man and an atheist. I have learned the hard way - in my childhood - not to let myself be influenced or brainwashed by any movement, sekt or religion. As an adult I chose to believe in a higher power, but I do not call it god, nor allah, nor anything else. I'm glad I did it this way.

Please, Rob, don't put oil on the fire, ANYTHING you say could be used to relight the stupid Ross/Wilson feud on this board again.

I'm getting mighty tired of that aspect of this board.

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks Robbert and I will heed your words.

I like the lines "not to let myself be influenced or brainwashed by any movement, sect or religion" and "I choose to believe in a higher power, but I do not call it God, nor Allah, nor anything else". Sounds good for me.

Here's a story:

On Friday, I go to the bank and they want to switch my debit card for a new card with a "chip"; and I say......well, ok, so long as it won't change anything on my old card which is attached to son's accounts etc. The teller goes, "no no, no problem, everything will be there". Then right out of the blue she starts telling me................"now I shouldn't say this but I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ and all his ways...........bla bla bla". And I stood there and thought....................Rob, there is a sign here for you; don't let them change your debit card; this is NOT a GOOD sign!!

And Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, my debit card is all fucked up; it's dropped accounts, I can't get on to online banking, the financial advisor is trying to fix it for several hours. It was a total nightmare.

And I think I got a warning from the Supreme Being and I just didn't get it fast enough......................and stop them playing with my debit card.

robbert
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Always trust your primal thoughts. Maybe sleep on it first, but go back to them the next day, recapture them and cherish them.
It might not work 100% of the times, but often enough to make your life more than worthwhile!
In other words, you shouldn't have let that lady touch your debit card in the first place... after she started to go way out of her league with what she said.