PDA

View Full Version : Ask anything!

test

soulster
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Let me explain what is meant by the thread title:

I was just reading a U.K. message board and the topic was about why Americans prefer automatic transmissions over manual. One person said he was always very interested in American culture and history. Someone in the thread wondered why that first person would care about America, and wondered why we Americans are, as he put it: self-absorbed and ignorant about anything that happens outside of our country. Well, my only thought was because we have such a huge country and there is so much going on here that maybe we don't have time to pay much attention to other countries unless it directly affects us. But, of course, that means a lot of Americans are ignorant of the world around them. Sad to say, though, a lot of Americans are also ignorant of their own world.

We have members from at least three countries on this forum in somewhat equal numbers. So, just for fun, what have you always wanted to know about another person's country?

stephanie
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
I always wanted to know if the French people are really as romantic as they are portrayed and are the Brits analytical about everything and not just music.