Wayne Brady
Goo Goo Dolls

Victory Inaugural Ball

Maxwell
Musiq Soulchild
Maze featuring Frankie Beverly

jobeterob
01-21-2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/01/21/beyonce-facing-lawsuit-over-new-music-vi?videoId=222484964&videoChannel=2602

jobeterob
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM

And guests.

soulster
01-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Man! I overslept and forgot to set the video recorder. But, I did get to see the oath, speech, Kelly Clarkson, and Beyonce. I missed James Taylor.

MSNBC spelled Clarkson's name wrong.

jobeterob
01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Wonder what it takes to get an invitation to a Ball?

Tracee Ross campaigned for President Obama.

smark21
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Beyonce’s performance on The National Anthem was mentioned on the national newscasts as being one of the highlights of today’s ceremony.

jobeterob
01-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Rhonda Ross: Facebook

Are you attending the Inauguration?? Great! So am I!!! And I will be performing at the IAMMM Inaugural Unity Ball. I hope you can join me!!!

RSVP:
IAMMM Inaugural Unity Ball
Attn: J. Threadgill
1218 16th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
[[202) 256-0070
[[202) 667-6155 [[O)
[[202) 667-6156 [[F)
info@iammm.org

Tickets start at $300

jobeterob
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/22/u-s-marine-band-beyonce-did-not-actually-sing-during-inaugural/?hpt=hp_c4

When you are a big star, everything is news!

jobeterob
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
U.S. Marine Band: Beyoncé 'did not actually sing' during inaugural
Posted by
CNN National Political Correspondent Jim Acosta
Washington [[CNN) – Pop star Beyoncé opted to use a "pre-recording" of her rendition of the National Anthem during inaugural ceremonies in Washington Monday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band tells CNN.

"We don't know why the decision was made," U.S. Marine Band spokeswoman Kristen DuBois said. "She did not actually sing," DuBois added, noting Beyoncé lip-synched her own voice.

DuBois said Beyoncé "pre-recorded" the song the evening before Inauguration Day, after rehearsing with the U.S. Marine Band.

According to the band's spokeswoman, such pre-recordings are "not unusual."

Recording musical performances prior to inauguration ceremonies are a necessity in case something should go awry, says DuBois.

"You can't have an inaugural without the National Anthem."

CNN has reached out to Beyoncé's representatives for comment.

American cellist Yo-Yo Ma was forced to use a pre-recording during President Obama's first Inaugural four years ago, due to frigid temperatures.

"We all know Beyoncé can sing and the Marine Band can play," DuBois said. "I've been with the band 14 years. It's not unusual," DuBois added.

Many inauguration viewers may have also noticed Beyoncé pulled her ear piece out during her performance. But DuBois did not have an explanation as to why the pop star removed the ear piece.

The Times of London first reported the story.

reese
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
U.S. Marine Band: Beyoncé 'did not actually sing' during inaugural
Posted by
CNN National Political Correspondent Jim Acosta
Washington [[CNN) – Pop star Beyoncé opted to use a "pre-recording" of her rendition of the National Anthem during inaugural ceremonies in Washington Monday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band tells CNN.

"We don't know why the decision was made," U.S. Marine Band spokeswoman Kristen DuBois said. "She did not actually sing," DuBois added, noting Beyoncé lip-synched her own voice.

DuBois said Beyoncé "pre-recorded" the song the evening before Inauguration Day, after rehearsing with the U.S. Marine Band.

According to the band's spokeswoman, such pre-recordings are "not unusual."

Recording musical performances prior to inauguration ceremonies are a necessity in case something should go awry, says DuBois.

"You can't have an inaugural without the National Anthem."

CNN has reached out to Beyoncé's representatives for comment.

American cellist Yo-Yo Ma was forced to use a pre-recording during President Obama's first Inaugural four years ago, due to frigid temperatures.

"We all know Beyoncé can sing and the Marine Band can play," DuBois said. "I've been with the band 14 years. It's not unusual," DuBois added.

Many inauguration viewers may have also noticed Beyoncé pulled her ear piece out during her performance. But DuBois did not have an explanation as to why the pop star removed the ear piece.

The Times of London first reported the story.

I thought so. But I think she was singing along as well. At one point, I distinctly heard two voices.

jobeterob
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I thought so. But I think she was singing along as well. At one point, I distinctly heard two voices.

That makes sense. She may have even been asked or instructed to do this after the "swearing in" snafu of last year with the Chief Justice. And also as I recall, last year Aretha Franklin said she was not pleased with her performance. For something like an inauguration where there is "one song", you don't want to take any chances.

reese
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
That makes sense. She may have even been asked or instructed to do this after the "swearing in" snafu of last year with the Chief Justice. And also as I recall, last year Aretha Franklin said she was not pleased with her performance. For something like an inauguration where there is "one song", you don't want to take any chances.

Its too important an occasion to mess up, so I totally understand the pre-recording. But some people act like she pulled a Milli Vanilli.

imnokid
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
The lip synching was bullshit. You get picked to sing because you supposedly can. Fucking up is a chance you take whenever you hit the stage. I don't buy it.

smark21
01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Well 4 years ago Yo Yo Ma, the classical musician, played a piece at the 2009 Inauguration. He mimed playing while a track played because it was too cold for his instrument to sound good.

marv2
01-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Well 4 years ago Yo Yo Ma, the classical musician, played a piece at the 2009 Inauguration. He mimed playing while a track played because it was too cold for his instrument to sound good.

I remember sitting with him on a flight to Detroit in 2005. We talked a lot , so much that he walked off the plane and forgot his cello, hehehehehe...... Later that evening they were interviewing him on the CBC Windsor News and he mentioned that he left his instrument o n the flight! LOL!

imnokid
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
the cello is problematic in cold conditions. People sing in the cold all the time. At the We Are One concert in 2009 it was fucking FREEZING, but all of the singers sang.

marv2
01-23-2013, 02:03 AM
the cello is problematic in cold conditions. People sing in the cold all the time. At the We Are One concert in 2009 it was fucking FREEZING, but all of the singers sang.

But Beyonce is special...............................

jobeterob
01-23-2013, 02:51 AM
But Beyonce is special...............................

Have to agree; she and the husband are special friends of the President. And Beyoncé is the current big female star that can do anything she wants.

marv2
01-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Have to agree; she and the husband are special friends of the President. And Beyoncé is the current big female star that can do anything she wants.

except sing live!!!!

glencro
01-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Man I would have loved to have attended the Victory Ball

milven
01-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Beyonce is the headline on the front page of the NY DAILY NEWS. It says "Star Spangled Scammer"

Aretha sang live in 2008 and her voice cracked. So what ! The thrill of watching something live is that something and anything can go wrong. I love concerts, live theatre and live TV just for that thrill. Of course now live TV is really five second delay, and many of the newer singers have help when they are in concert because they are too busy dancing around and many of them can not duplicate their records without help.

Beyonce performance of the anthem was terrific, but now I'm wondering , was it live or memorex?

jobeterob
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
The old lyp sync is not popular.

Katy Perry sang at some pre-inauguration event and it was definitely live and it was piss poor; I was surprised how bad she sounded.

I don't think Berry would have let any of his acts out on the road sounding like that.

milven
01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Barry Manilow, struggling with bronchitis, cancelled last night's performance of Manilow On Broadway. Couldn't he just have gone on the stage of the St. James Theatre and lip sync his songs? Or would the people who paid $ 350 for tickets feel cheated ?

jobeterob
01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
I think that people would generally feel cheated, especially if it comes out later.

What he would have to do is announce in advance that he has bronchitis, that the only way he can proceed is if he has some prerecorded material backing him up and they'll give refunds before the show for anyone that wants to turn their tickets in.

For whatever reason, people do not like lyp syncing.

jillfoster
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Beyonce is the headline on the front page of the NY DAILY NEWS. It says "Star Spangled Scammer"

Aretha sang live in 2008 and her voice cracked. So what ! The thrill of watching something live is that something and anything can go wrong. I love concerts, live theatre and live TV just for that thrill. Of course now live TV is really five second delay, and many of the newer singers have help when they are in concert because they are too busy dancing around and many of them can not duplicate their records without help.

Beyonce performance of the anthem was terrific, but now I'm wondering , was it live or memorex?

It was Memorex, and it was tacky. When you are the most successful black female singer in the world today and are singing for the inaguration of the first black President, you don't bring lip synch to something of such historical significance. If the President and First lady were coming to your house for dessert, would you bake a cake with a Betty Crocker mix?

jobeterob
01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Former Milli Vanilli member: People need to calm down about Beyonce lip-synching
By NATALIE O'NEILL
Last Updated: 7:11 PM, January 23, 2013
Posted: 7:10 PM, January 23, 2013
Read his lips: It’s no big deal!

Former Milli Vanilli member Fab Morvan — perhaps the world’s most notorious lip-syncer — says angry Beyonce fans should cut the embattled diva a break for her star-spangled snafu.

It was too chilly to sing live at the President Obama’s Inauguration on Monday, where the megastar mouthed a pre-recorded rendition of the National Anthem, Morvan said.

"You try to sing at temperatures like that and your voice cracks,” he said. “It’s really hard on your vocal chords.”

He added that fans should chill with the nasty comments on social media.

“People are out of their minds. It was three minutes — she’s made you happy for years,” he said.

If a talented artist like Beyonce is getting blasted — then nobody is safe, he added.

“Beyonce is the Diana Ross of our time. No one is safe!” he said.

His comments come after the singer faked a rendition of the "The Star Spangled Banner" with the Marine Corps Band pretending to play instruments behind her on Monday.

Some fans felt betrayed, calling her a phony and a faker on social media.

But Morvan said Beyonce’s situation is different his own infamous “Girl, You Know It's True” flub, in which his lip synced track began skipping during a live show, exposing him as a vocal faker.

In Beyonce's case, the song was pre-recorded the night before and — most importantly — it was her own voice, he said.

That’s perfectly fine, especially when many artist use the voice technology, Auto-Tune, he said.

“Be in her shoes for a minute,” he said. “Don’t be a hater.”

He also cluelessly said he pities whoever will perform at next year’s inauguration, clearly unaware of presidential terms.

" The pressure is going to be on," he said

jobeterob
01-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Unlike Beyonce, Hillary faces the music
By Joan Vennochi | Globe Columnist January 24, 2013

Two divas recognized around the world by first name only appeared in Washington this week. Both stirred up questions about truth and transparency.

During her performance at President Obama’s inauguration, Beyonce Knowles likely lip-synched the national anthem. The US Marine Corps band first confirmed it, then backed away.

The pop star ducked inquiries, allowing the New York Daily News to declare her the “Star Spangled Scammer.” But with more at stake than pride, Hillary Clinton faced the music.

On Wednesday, the secretary of state finally addressed events leading up to the Sept. 11 attack on a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya. Questions about Clinton’s role in the run-up to the attack, which ended with the deaths of four Americans, cast a cloud on her tenure. They could also complicate a presidential run, if Republicans have anything to say about it.

In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Clinton again took responsibility for the security breakdown in Benghazi. Making things right is personal, she said, not just policy. Her voice cracked as she talked about watching the flag-draped caskets of the dead Americans return home. She said she moved quickly to improve security after the attack and insisted she never knew about security requests from Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died during the terrorist assault.

She also said she played no part in developing those infamous “talking points” that were repeated on Sunday talk shows by UN Ambassador Susan Rice and cost Rice the nomination as Clinton’s successor.

For Clinton, it was a strong, confident, and occasionally testy performance. But it didn’t stop Republican committee members from challenging her credibility and leadership.

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin suggested the State Department failed to give straight answers about what was happening in Benghazi as the tragedy unfolded. To that, Clinton responded angrily: “Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?” she asked, at one point banging her hand on the hearing table. “It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this. But the fact is that people were trying, in real time, to get to the best information.”

Senator John McCain of Arizona kept the heat on by telling Clinton he rejected her answer to Johnson regarding the need to give citizens the truest picture of events. “The American people deserve answers. They certainly don’t deserve false answers,” said McCain.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky was even harsher, telling Clinton, “Had I been president and found you did not read the cables from Benghazi and from Ambassador Stevens, I would have relieved you of your post. I think it’s inexcusable,” he said, referring to Clinton’s comments that she hadn’t read those communications.

This was a moment of high political theater, akin to Beyonce’s ripping out her earpiece as if she were singing without being able to hear the background music, instead of mouthing words to a soundtrack. As Paul lectured, Clinton looked like she was holding back from a Michelle Obama-style eyeroll. She told Paul she asked for an independent review, which criticized the State Department for “grossly inadequate” security, because she wanted to take it out of “the heat of politics and partisanship.”

That’s exactly where Republicans hope to keep it. How much it hurts Clinton is debatable. A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that 67 percent of all Americans have a favorable view of her as she leaves the Obama administration. During Wednesday’s testimony, senators praised her performance as secretary of state, noting, among other things, her outreach to women and children around the world.

Clinton’s a star, as big as it gets in the political world, just as Beyonce is a star in her world.

Beyonce will survive any bad publicity, even if her failure to take the risk of a live inaugural performance disappointed fans. Pretense, after all, is an accepted part of the entertainment world.

As for Clinton, she can teach Beyonce something about survival and risk-taking. For decades now, she has been the master of both.

imnokid
01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
except sing live!!!!

haha
I would post just one "haha" but minimum characters prevents it.

jobeterob
01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
LOL, good old Aretha...............she never really gives too much!

J. Lo, Aretha Franklin weigh in on Beyonce-gate

While the world awaits final word from Queen Bey herself on whether her Inauguration Day performance was truly a fake-out, other singers are coming to her defense. Or, finding humor in the situation, if said singer's name happens to be Aretha Franklin.

Jennifer Lopez took up for Beyonce when she visited "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" on Tuesday, explaining [[as many before her did that day) that lip-syncing is far from uncommon.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

While Lopez hasn't performed for POTUS before - she was previously asked to sing at the White House but turned it down - she knows that just "the idea of it" could be nerve-wracking.

"Sometimes it happens, when you're in certain stadiums and in certain venues and stuff, they do pre-record things because you're going to have that terrible slapback," Lopez said, in Beyonce's defense. [["Sure, the slapback," joked Stewart.)

The actress, who was promoting her new movie "Parker," ventured to say that "all performers do have to do it at some point."

Aretha Franklin admitted to ABC News that when she heard "that [Beyonce] was pre-recorded I really laughed ... I just really cracked up."

"I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather," Franklin went on. "I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record ... next time I'll probably do the same."

reese
01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
It is nice that Aretha weighed in. She must know how it feels. It wasn't too long ago that it was revealed that she lipsynced the National Anthem at both an NFL kickoff game and a Lakers/Pistons game.

marv2
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
LOL, good old Aretha...............she never really gives too much!

J. Lo, Aretha Franklin weigh in on Beyonce-gate

While the world awaits final word from Queen Bey herself on whether her Inauguration Day performance was truly a fake-out, other singers are coming to her defense. Or, finding humor in the situation, if said singer's name happens to be Aretha Franklin.

Jennifer Lopez took up for Beyonce when she visited "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" on Tuesday, explaining [[as many before her did that day) that lip-syncing is far from uncommon.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

While Lopez hasn't performed for POTUS before - she was previously asked to sing at the White House but turned it down - she knows that just "the idea of it" could be nerve-wracking.

"Sometimes it happens, when you're in certain stadiums and in certain venues and stuff, they do pre-record things because you're going to have that terrible slapback," Lopez said, in Beyonce's defense. [["Sure, the slapback," joked Stewart.)

The actress, who was promoting her new movie "Parker," ventured to say that "all performers do have to do it at some point."

Aretha Franklin admitted to ABC News that when she heard "that [Beyonce] was pre-recorded I really laughed ... I just really cracked up."

"I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather," Franklin went on. "I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record ... next time I'll probably do the same."

I would have loved to hear Aretha's laugh! She has the kind that makes me laugh everytime! LOL!!!