View Full Version : Billy and Syreeta

test

mowsville
01-20-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvCIDHmytg

gordy_hunk
01-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for posting this clip.

It's so sad that both Billy and Syreeta are no longer with us. Syreeta was so beautiful - and that amazing voice. We are so fortunate that she has left us with a catalogue of records she recorded.

Perhaps we ought to have a "lost and found" set from Syreeta to celebrate her life.

mowsville
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
your welcome gordy_hunk....just thought the folks on here would appreciate it...your right we really do need a "lost and found" set from her...her voice is just stunning and it would be a real shame if all her vaulted tracks never saw the light of day...we need to be celebrating it now not later....two sorely missed voices.

rovereab
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Completely agree you mowsville, stunning voice and a much needed L&F!

REDHOT
01-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Syreeta what a voice,what a song writer,what a entertainer,yes thanks Mowsville,for posting this,i'll alway love Syreeta
Please stay positive

Methuselah2
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
My, my, my. Many, many thanks, Mowsville, for posting that sensational clip.

In the mid 70s to promote her STEVIE WONDER PRESENTS SYREETA album, Syreeta performed at San Francisco's sadly long-gone Boarding House Cabaret. Her opening act was comedian Franklyn Ajaye, who was great. Followed by Syreeta, who was absolutely spell-binding. I'll never forget that performance.

caliluv
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Methusela - I also saw the show at the Boarding House in SF with Syreeta and Franklyn Ajaye. That was where I also first saw the Pointer Sisters [[all four of them) and I remember the price for a ticket was unbelievably cheap. Both shows were great and I'll always be greatful to have been able to witness them.

Methuselah2
01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Same with me re the Pointer Sisters, too. They were great!
Howdaya like that?!

"Ya mean all this time we coulda been friends?"
-- Jane Hudson to sister Blanche, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?

OK, 3's the charm, Caliluv: Were you there for Bette Midler's show, too? I don't recall the year but the marquee area used a poster of her 2nd album's cover--the full body portrait of Bette by Richard Amsel: red hair, black dress, black shoes. A truly wonderful show--Bette in a silk, raspberry-colored blouse and black slacks [[very Actors Studio, circa 1955); funny, witty, and singin' up a storm and being beautiful as she did it; small band backing her up; Barry Manilow, naturally, on keyboards and leading the band. What a night of song and music and personality.

caliluv
01-21-2013, 03:14 AM
LOL - I'm still in the bay too. No I didn't see the Bette Midler show but it seemed to me that around that time the Boarding House was the place to see a show. When I was reading your post I was thinking I had written it. :)

luke
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Did Labelle play there?

jack020
01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I always thought the SF Opera House was the best place for concerts: Sylvester/Pointers/Boz Scaggs?

Methuselah2
01-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Did Labelle play there?

Can't say for sure but I don't recall them ever playing there.

whitesoxx
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Still hoping for a Billy Preston & Syreeta CD containing all of their songs together!

MIKEW-UK
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
A favourite of Billy and Syreeta..... it has it all. Co written by Billy Preston, strings, horns, funky bass, guitars and drums, the whole thing bounds along with great vocals riding on top.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDPcT6jjDA&fmt=18

Methuselah2
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey you--hey Mike. That is so good! Thanks so much for pointing it out with your post.