PDA

View Full Version : O'Jays DVD - Eddie Levert and Walter Williams

test

jaybs
09-29-2010, 06:53 AM
One group that does not get enough props in my opinion are The O'Jays and at last they are on DVD with a complete concert which is well filmed.

What comes through in the DVD is how strong they still are and still so original to the original sound and production. Some artists as they get older speed up tracks and do medley's but not with Eddie and Walter, it never amazes me at 68 how strong and powerful Eddie still is you see him hold the microphone 2 feet away from his mouth at times and it is pure projection, Walter is still so tight as his solo album proves and on the ball.

The DVD in the UK that was recently released is the 50th Anniversary Tour Concert all those classics, Let me Make Love to You, Stairway to Heaven, You Got Your Hooks in Me, Wildflower and of course Back Stabber and Love Train to name a few, 13 full song tracks. You can get this on Ebay currently for Under £6 and postage free,

In the USA a DVD was only released this week and that is on its way to me, it has a different cover, much better so I am not sure if it is the same concert but this fills a big gap in my DVD library.

I just wish that The Manhattans will now get around to releasing a full DVD in Concert, one was recorded but it is claimed the group have some reason for not allowing it to be released.

These classic acts we must never forget, I have only seen Eddie and Walter once Live, so jump on the new Queen Elizabeth and cruise over to the UK again soon.