01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pvyp6

theboyfromxtown
01-17-2013, 05:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pvyp6

It's on now!

smark21
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Is this Suzy Quatro the same Suzy Quatro who had that 70s pop hit “Stumblin’ In”?

BTW, we have yet to hear back from either MaryBrewster or DrLorne about seeing Martha Reeves last weekend in Minneapolis.

drlorne
01-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder Smark21. She played 2 nights, 2 shows per night. MaryBrewster and I were there for her last performance. I think this was the best because she wasn't in a hurry to get off the stage. The venue is very intimate and MaryBrewster and I found each other in the lobby and were sitting at the same table.
Martha and her sisters [[Delphine and Lois) seemed to be enjoying the evening. I forgot to make a list of her set..I enjoyed God Bless the Child...I think her voice added to the song. The hits had lots of opportunity for great harmonies with her sisters. When Martha left the stage she put on a robe and was at the back of the venue ready to sign autographs. I had the Richard Perry ...Martha Reeves CD. She signed the cover for me and then said she would sign the CD too, so I would have both. She also said she didn't have that record on CD.....gift idea for those seeing her next. I got a photo and will tr y to get some help to upload it.
MaryBrewster got some photos too, maybe he is better at doing this.
Thanks again for the nudgenSmark21

smark21
01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Sounds like you had a good time and getting to meet Martha after the show. I’m sure Roberta wished she could have attended the show and hung out with you all.

144man
01-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Is this Suzy Quatro the same Suzy Quatro who had that 70s pop hit “Stumblin’ In”?

Yes, the very same.

Roberta75
01-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the reminder Smark21. She played 2 nights, 2 shows per night. MaryBrewster and I were there for her last performance. I think this was the best because she wasn't in a hurry to get off the stage. The venue is very intimate and MaryBrewster and I found each other in the lobby and were sitting at the same table.
Martha and her sisters [[Delphine and Lois) seemed to be enjoying the evening. I forgot to make a list of her set..I enjoyed God Bless the Child...I think her voice added to the song. The hits had lots of opportunity for great harmonies with her sisters. When Martha left the stage she put on a robe and was at the back of the venue ready to sign autographs. I had the Richard Perry ...Martha Reeves CD. She signed the cover for me and then said she would sign the CD too, so I would have both. She also said she didn't have that record on CD.....gift idea for those seeing her next. I got a photo and will tr y to get some help to upload it.
MaryBrewster got some photos too, maybe he is better at doing this.
Thanks again for the nudgenSmark21

Thank you for your review drlorne I bet the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves sang her heart out on God bless the child. i am real happy Martha
signed your cd for you. She is a gracious gifted talented down to earth lady and i cant wait to see the photos you and marybrewster took.

Thank you again.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta75
01-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Sounds like you had a good time and getting to meet Martha after the show. I’m sure Roberta wished she could have attended the show and hung out with you all.

I sure do smark21 I sure wish my pocketbook would allow me to attend all of Marthas concerts.

Best to you.

Roberta