PDA

View Full Version : Meet Peter Benjaminson in Metro Detroit to discuss and autograph his Mary Wells book.

test

woodward
01-15-2013, 12:14 PM
The dynamic Peter Benjaminson, writer of the newly published book on Motown's first superstar Mary Wells, will be in the metropolitan Detroit area the week of January 20 to discuss his outstanding new book and autograph copies.

The itinerary is as follows:

Monday 1/21/13 Nicola's Books, Ann Arbor
7:00 PM

Tuesday 1/22/13 Schuler's Books, Lansing

Wednesday 1/23/13 Southfield Public Library, Southfield

Thursday 1/24/13 Book Beat, Oak Park

Hopefully you will be able to attend this great event.

R. Mark Desjardins
01-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Being on the west coast of Canada, sadly, I will have to miss these book signing events. However, I can say that I just completed reading Peter Benjaminson's very well written and researched Mary Wells biography, and it is stunning! No self serving varnishing here, but the facts, and lots of them. As startling as it is to learn of Well's demons, the singer's inner strength and total belief in herself, are given equal time, and the reader can't help but feel empowered by her sheer will to survive. One of the year's best musical biographical books, and certainly one of the most candidly honest Motown books ever!

Peter, I don't know what the next subject matter you will tackle will be, but I await it anxiously!

stephanie
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Good Luck Peter!

franjoy56
01-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I just finished reading the Mary Wells book on my nook reader, and it was heartbreaking and joyous at the same time, the joyful part was in the beginning, the sad part was toward the end, she fought courageously to keep herself going. She loved hard, and wanted to be loved. I am so glad Mary found Mr Ames Brown who got him to initiate a suit to get her more grub out of Motown's Berry Gordy, $100,000 was a pittence but it was better than nothing. If Flo had lived I am sure she would have followed suit, but this was16 years after Flo had passed. Mary Wells was the ultimate Motown perform, and I will forever love her music from Bye Bye Baby to the Gigilo.

Peter I hope you get to do the same thing in New York City it would be a gas thank you for the acknowledgement.

mr_june
01-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I just finished the book also as it's a quick read. I liked the book very much and came away with an even greater apreciation for Mary.