PDA

View Full Version : DID Anyone in the UK GET ANY OF THE HALLMARK RELEASES?

test

Kamasu_Jr
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
There was a discussion about some of these releases from 1962 and I was wondering if anyone has gotten them and can comment. The One Who Really Loves You by Mary Wells is supposed to be the stereo mix.

calvin
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
The three I have interest in seem not to have been included in the first batch of releases.
Rev Columbus Mann - They Shall Be Mine
Earl Washington - All Star Jazz
The Contours - Do You Love Me

I thought the stereo mix of The One Who Really Loves You was done some years after the original mono LP. Wouldn't that mean that it's not yet in the public domain, unlike the mono LP?
I have the stereo mix of "The One" on a 1987 two-fer, together with [[mono) Bye Bye Baby.

mysterysinger
01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
The release schedule was given by Hotspurman in an earlier post here
http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?7296-Hallmark-releases-for-2013&highlight=hallmark

Of the January releases, I've only received "The Jazz Soul of Little Stevie" as the others had the release date put back. I understand these are now being despatched viz
Marvelettes "sing hits of 62" / "The One Who Really Loves You" / "Meet The Supremes".

The others will be for Feb.

Hotspurman
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I gather from our General Manager that all the January releases were supposed to be on 14 January, even though we had stock in our warehouse a week before Christmas. I don't know when stock was delivered to Amazon, but certainly the Little Stevie Wonder album went out as we got a complimentary review on Amazon!

I'm just completing the masters for February - the three mentioned above are all done [[Earl Washington, which sounds great, Columbus Mann and The Contours), along with Eddie Holland, The Miracles, Motown Special, Marvelettes' Playboy and another Little Stevie.

There's plenty of other items that are also hopefully of interest, including Gladys Knight, Isley Brothers, Lee Dorsey, Solomon Burke, Ike & Tina Turner etc. Release date is 25 February.

mr_postman
01-15-2013, 11:25 AM
That's wonderful news! Have you reached a decision regarding Marv Johnson's I Believe LP?

Hotspurman
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
I'd still like to release the Marv Johnson album but this is dependent on being able to find a decent copy from which to master from - still working on this. I Believe is, I believe, a rare album....

mysterysinger
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
So today I've received The Marvelettes "Smash Hits of 62", Supremes "Meet The Supremes" and Mary Wells "The One Who Really Loves You" from Amazon. These complement "The Jazz Soul of Little Stevie" [[and Roy Orbison's "Greatest Hits") that I received a few days ago. All very tastefully done and at between £2 and £3 apiece including postage, tremendous value. OK so some of these duplicate CDs I already have, but The Marvelettes is new for me and in the Feb batch there will be some more newies! The collector in me says I need to have them [[and to support these releases so there may be more). There's no doubting the quality of the music, of course, and its good to see these albums getting a new lease of life. Who needs more Beatles anyway?

Hotspurman
01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Earl Washington has had to move back to March - we still need to make a couple more tweaks to remove pops and hisses. I know these are transfers from vinyl and sell cheaply, but believe me, we do care about what we're releasing, so try to make them the best possible quality we can.

mysterysinger
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Worth the wait methinks.

Kamasu_Jr
01-23-2013, 08:02 PM
No one has directly answered my question. Was a stereo source used for The One Who Really Loves You?