01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Here they are live at the Frontier.

The good thing is that it's DMC.

Enjoy and celebrate the music we love.

v=x0d2ih2Y9C0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0d2ih2Y9C0

masterblaster
01-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Always loved this record. First heard it on the Motown Chartrbuster volume 4 in 1970 and thought at the time how it stood out from the other tracks for its arrangement - lush strings, great rythm and of course great vocals. Never knew at the time of course that the backing singers weren't the Supremes and the song was originally intended as Diana's first solo single.
Recently heard the original by Johnny [[Bristol) and Jackie [[Beavers) and was suprised how similar the arrangement was to this, having been released some eight years before.
Still one of my all time favourite DRATS releases.

jack020
01-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Still very glad I got this live set on CD.

dba
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm glad I bought the CD's too but was amazed when the pink box set came out and the extra live disc had Someday remastered on it. Really improved sound quality, particularly the background vocals of Mary and Cindy. Maybe someday the whole set [[with alternates because you now they recorded more than one night) will be remastered and released. I can dream?

sophisticated_soul
01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm glad I bought the CD's too but was amazed when the pink box set came out and the extra live disc had Someday remastered on it. Really improved sound quality, particularly the background vocals of Mary and Cindy. Maybe someday the whole set [[with alternates because you now they recorded more than one night) will be remastered and released. I can dream?

You may be a dreamer, but you're not the only one.:) There are things out now that I never thought would be released so there's always a possibility.:cool:

thanxal
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM

Holy Crap, you're right! The difference is stunning. You really can hear Mary vividly in the pink boxed set version versus the "Farewell" 2-disc set.

Shaqueetha_Jackson
01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
To bad flotence Blonde Ballard can only be togeter with god

smark21
01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Maybe one day Farewell will get the Hip-O Select treatment and what was done for Someday on the box set will be applied to the rest of the songs as well. My faves from that show are Didn’t We, Reflections, Hey Big Spender, Love Child, and Can’t Take My Eyes off of You.

revvy
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
This version sounds NOTHING like the record. Mary and Cindy don't have that gospel choir sound at all. I believe it's the Waters sisters who do the backgrounds on the record. I never believed for a minute that Mary and Cindy were on the record...even when it was released. Love Child perhaps, but no way on this record.

arrr&bee
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Although i like the song,i've always found it to be rather weak as a farewell tune for a group as big as the supremes in earlier time this tune would've been album filler.

jobeterob
01-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Other than Diana Ross's version of Didn't We, this was a weak album that didn't chart well; the long dragged out versions of Aquarius and Someday We'll be Together were not good versions of those songs.

rod_rick
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
This version sounds NOTHING like the record. Mary and Cindy don't have that gospel choir sound at all. I believe it's the Waters sisters who do the backgrounds on the record. I never believed for a minute that Mary and Cindy were on the record...even when it was released. Love Child perhaps, but no way on this record.

One reason Mary & Cindy don't sound like the recording on "Someday We' Be Together" is there are 3 backing singer. I feel considering Mary & Cindy did a decent job on the backing vocals. I wished Cindy was louder in the mix on Someday to give a better blend by I have say Mary is really on it. I really enjoy this album, bu t that long ass Let The Sunshine In need to shorten by at least 10 minutes.