PDA

View Full Version : David Gest Soul Spectacular UK Tour

test

jaybs
01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
David Gest is set to visit my local town Theatre Royal in St Helens for 2 nights 6 &7 February, it is not a big theatre perhaps 750-950 seats, quite a line up of well known soul names but I am unsure about the ticket price or is it just me?

The line up includes Percy Sledge, Candi Staton , Martha Reeves, Peabo Bryson, Sheila Ferguson ex lead singer of The Three Degrees, Deniece Williams, Billy Paul, Martha Wash of the Weather Girls, Dorothy Moore, Eddie Floyd, Kim Weston, G C Cameron and Brenda Holloway.

Feel sure many music lovers will know most of those names even if they are not big soul fans, but will they pay £48 per ticket?

theboyfromxtown
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I booked this show when it was planned in Islington on 7 February. The tickets were £75 each. It was cancelled.

jaybs
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I booked this show when it was planned in Islington on 7 February. The tickets were £75 each. It was cancelled.

That's interesting! as these two nights were only announced this week and if you look at the theatre website and tickets available only a few have been sold. £75 wow, that's London lol

staceys dad
01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
i think David Gests has returned to the U.S.A. to receive medical treatment......hope is ok.....have known people who have been to his soul shows,and its a case of wheel them on sing your song and wheel them off....but they all come out to meet and have photos and autographs at the end...

theboyfromxtown
01-13-2013, 05:41 PM
John.

I believe the Islington show was planned after the previously announced Liverpool was cancelled.

nomis
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
he looks seriously spooky on this poster..but he put on the best wedding in show buisness and an after party that cant be beaten..and he has incredible buisness acumen..he made millions off MJs 30th anniversary concert at Madison.

jaybs
02-06-2013, 12:15 PM
The Tour hits the North West tonight for two nights, they must be staying in Liverpool as the runner up in this years UK X Factor just tweeted and put on facebook.

Jahmene Douglas
I was chillin' in my room earlier before leaving for the Echo Arena and I could hear some one playing piano. I gazed over the balcony down to the lobby and the legendary Kim Weston was jammin' it out on the keys ... WOW! Witnessed some magic there. ♥
For those who need music education, lol :P ... she sang 'It Takes Two' with Marvin Gaye ♥
Legendary!

Good to see some 18 year old's are brought up in a Good Home! and to appreciate Good Music & Artists!

jsmith
02-07-2013, 06:44 AM
They have already played a couple of Pontins UK sites [[Skeggy & Minehead).
The reports of Martha, Kim & Brenda were not good .... but GC has been getting lots of praise.