PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Record Mart - Detroit, Michigan owned by Berry Gordy

test

woodward
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I have never seen a picture of the 3-D Record Mart in Detroit owned by Berry Gordy prior to Motown.

Does anyone know where I can locate a photograph of either the exterior or the interior of this store? Do you know of any books or publications that show any pictures of this store?

Thank you for any help you can give to me.

woodward
05-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Any new members or old members who did not see the original posting, can someone help locate a picture of the 3-D Record Mart which was located at 588 Farnsworth in Detroit or am I looking for a needle in a haystack? One must certainly exist somewhere, but where is somewhere? HELP................

thomas96
05-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I feel like I've seen one somewhere but I have no idea where it would've been.. Maybe at the Motown Museum?

woodward
05-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I feel like I've seen one somewhere but I have no idea where it would've been.. Maybe at the Motown Museum?

To my knowledge there is none at the museum. There is one of Berry's business cards on display there from when he had the store and I believe that is all. I had inquired a while back and that was all they seemed to have.

marv2
05-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Any new members or old members who did not see the original posting, can someone help locate a picture of the 3-D Record Mart which was located at 588 Farnsworth in Detroit or am I looking for a needle in a haystack? One must certainly exist somewhere, but where is somewhere? HELP................

I may be wrong ,but I thought I saw a pic of it in one of Peter Benjaminson's books...."The Motown Story". I don't Farnsworth Street is even there anymore in Detroit.

robb_k
05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Maybe Lowell can help. He's got a lot of knowledge of what photos exist from Detroit's history. Why don't you send him a message? I doubt that he'll notice this thread on his own.