PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Johns- "Chevy Van," Dies at age 66

test

marv2
01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Sammy Johns, the man behind the 1975 hit "Chevy Van," has died at the age of 66. He passed on January 4 at a hospital in Gaston, North Carolina. The hit "Chevy Van," named by Rolling Stone magazine as the "Song of the Seventies," tells the story of a one-night stand that connected with fans. It sold three million copies, but was Johns' only big hit as a solo artist.

More Music and Entertainment News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiEIToOWr64

soulster
01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I love "Chevy Van"! My favorite memory of it is hearing it on the afternoon school bus in the 7th grade.

marv2
01-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I love "Chevy Van"! My favorite memory of it is hearing it on the afternoon school bus in the 7th grade.

That was a great song! I remember it well although I had not heard it in years........until this week. RIP Sammy.

soulster
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
That was a great song! I remember it well although I had not heard it in years........until this week. RIP Sammy.
The majority of music I play is oldies from the 60s and 70s, so I hear it all the time.

stephanie
01-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Gosh I was just thinking about this song yesterday! Oh man he was great. RIP

mark speck
01-14-2013, 02:14 AM
That was his one hit as an artist...he switched to country music not long afterward, and while his own singles didn't light up the charts, he did write a few chart-topping country singles, among them "Common Man" by John Conlee. RIP, Sammy, and thank you... :[[

Best,

Mark