PDA

View Full Version : Motown the musical Ticket prices.

test

franjoy56
01-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Unless the reviews and prescreenings are blockbuster, and if people with money want to see the Motown Musical, I wonder how it will survive the ticket prices the highest going for $206 the lowest for $84 and I am sure those are nose bleeding seats, and unless advertising picks up, I have only seen it promoted on BET [[Black Entertainment Network) wil it get the numbers the musical "Dreamgirls" got, that show was on Broadway for 5 years. Good Luck to the Motown: The Musical. I won't be plucking down anywhere near $206 for a musical
I never got to see at the Apollo back in the day, I will play the two albums instead. Motortownon Revue Live at the Apollo Vol 1 And the Motortwon Revue at the Detroit Fox Vol 2. no pun intended.

Note: Rear Mezzanine, Rows H-N. If more than four [[4) tickets are purchased from this group, your tickets may be split. All seats are guaranteed to be located within the requested zone.. Tickets will ship by Mar 07, 2013.

ZONE D

1-6 or 8
$128.00

Note: Rear Mezzanine, Rows A-G. If more than four [[4) tickets are purchased from this group, your tickets may be split. All seats are guaranteed to be located within the requested zone.. Tickets will ship by Mar 07, 2013.

ZONE C

1-6 or 8
$199.00

Note: Front Mezzanine, Rows A-E. If more than four [[4) tickets are purchased from this group, your tickets may be split. All seats are guaranteed to be located within the requested zone.. Tickets will ship by Mar 07, 2013.

ZONE A

1-6 or 8
$199.00

Note: Right and Left Orchestra, Rows A-DD including the first four seats in from the center aisle. Center Orchestra, Rows A-C and M-CC. If more than four [[4) tickets are purchased from this group, your tickets may be split. All seats are guaranteed to be located within the requested zone.. Tickets will ship by Mar 07, 2013.

ZONE B

1-6 or 8
$206.00

Note: Right and Left Orchestra, Rows B-DD including the fifth seat off the center aisle continuing to the outer aisle. If more than four [[4) tickets are purchased from this group, your tickets may be split. All seats are guaranteed to be located within the requested zone.. Tickets will ship by Mar 07, 2013.

ORCHESTRA
P
1 or 3
$206.00

Note: tickets will be ready for delivery by Feb 18, 2013.

ORCHESTRA
P
2 or 4
$206.00

Note: tickets will be ready for delivery by Feb 18, 2013.

Roberta75
01-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Where you getting your information from Frances the tickets at ticketmaster range from $55 to $150 per ticket.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0300491B1750D2A6?artistid=1776746&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=207

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
01-09-2013, 12:47 AM
People in New York and who go to the theater all of the time will pay those prices and those who aren't from New York will pay too.

jobeterob
01-09-2013, 02:28 AM
It should be a monster hit no matter what.............those songs, that story, all the publicity!

smark21
01-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Motown the musical seems more geared toward the tourist trade, as is the case for most Broadway musicals. Serious NYC theatergoers don’t go to the tourist oriented musicals unless they have friends or family coming in from out of town who want to see a Broadway musical. If Motown the Musical doesn’t get off to a great start at the box office, I’m sure tickets will be offered at a discount through such sites as TDF and TheaterMania.

captainjames
01-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Trust this musical will break the box office. Berry will not miss on this one. He has put too much into this and has held off on the music rights too long.

Glenpwood
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
The prices are right in line with other current openings here and in the West End. I paid those higher prices for the best seats last month to The Bodyguard, Cabaret, and Viva Forever and felt it was worth the money. Motown the Musical will live or die by it's story not the music. If people don't buy into the characters no amounts of Baby Love and My Girl will save it. I wish it huge success since it will expose the younger generations to Motown and its vast legacy.

reese
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
There are some higher priced "premium" seats in the $200 range, just as there are for other shows. But there are also some discounted seats at Theatermania.com and BroadwayBox.com.

jobeterob
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
The Bodyguard is on Broadway? What is that all about?

One of the reasons I think Motown the Musical has huge hit potential is because of the massive publicity already. As an example, I didn't even know the Bodyguard was around at all in any form.

I don't think there will be much appeal to people on this Forum for Motown the Musical. They are going to hit all the overplayed hits we are bored of.......again and again and they will eliminate half the artists.........and we won't be very pleased with the glossing over. But it is the way to make it a hit.

smark21
01-09-2013, 08:18 PM
The Bodyguard is on Broadway? What is that all about?

One of the reasons I think Motown the Musical has huge hit potential is because of the massive publicity already. As an example, I didn't even know the Bodyguard was around at all in any form.

I don't think there will be much appeal to people on this Forum for Motown the Musical. They are going to hit all the overplayed hits we are bored of.......again and again and they will eliminate half the artists.........and we won't be very pleased with the glossing over. But it is the way to make it a hit.

The Bodyguard is not on Broadway, it’s playing the West End in London. As is Viva Forever, the musical that uses songs by the Spice Girls.

R. Mark Desjardins
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Clever target based marketing is the key to the successful selling of a musical stage production. The Toronto, Canada production of "Jersey Boys" was marketed as "the musical guys who HATE musicals will LOVE! As hokey as that sounds, it worked and the musical played for years! "Motown The Musical," is surely as sellable and marketable as the story of The Four Seasons vocal group.

Deals are struck to fill seats in discounted blocks, and handled correctly, this will fly. I believe Suzane DePasse is one of masterminds along with Berry Gordy behind this venture.

ejluther
01-10-2013, 09:21 AM
no pun intended.
What's the [[non-intended) pun?

snakepit
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm in New York in July. Any chance I'll get tickets at TCKTS in Time Square, or 2fers discount anywhere?

smark21
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm in New York in July. Any chance I'll get tickets at TCKTS in Time Square, or 2fers discount anywhere?

Tickets are usually sent to the TKTS booth the day of the show. To find tickets for some shows, it can be hit and miss, depending on availability for the performance that evening [[or afternoon on matinee day). Sometimes the show won’t be available, and sometime it will and when it is, there may only be a few seats up in nosebleed. Presuming Motown the Musical is a hit, hopefully you’ll get a chance to see it in July. In general, the big time for show closings is right after the Tonys as generally producers of shaky shows at the box office will keep the show going in hopes of nabbing some Tony nominations and awards. Of course, if Motown the Musical is a hit right off the start, or gets off to a shaky start, but gets some love from the Tonys, then you will hopefully have a shot of seeing it when you come in July. Though be aware July is a big time for tourists in NYC there to catch a show.

milven
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I used to always use TKTS. But it was usually stressful checking for tickets at the last minute. I always had a second or third show just in case my first choice was not available. But I have been using the Internet for years to get tickets. I check a few places on line for discounts, usually find it, order the tickets and pick them up at the theatre's "will call" window. It is so much easier and less stressful.

revvy
01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
I've got tickets to previews the first week. Woo hoo!

jobeterob
01-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Remember to tell us what you think after you see the previews.

snakepit
01-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Thank You for the information above. We arrive 1st July , so we expect it to be busy for 4th July celebrations. The matinee might be the best option.
Obviously I've got an interest in this show, but prepared to see an alternative.
We have a City Pass which includes Empire State Observatory.........e-mailed them yesterday, and the evening of 4th July is reserved for a private party [[which we can order tickets for.....at $150 each). Any other ideas for 4th July day/evening "to do" list?
Thanks
Snakepit

revvy
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Try http://www.broadwaybox.com

snakepit
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Revvy
thank you for link