PDA

View Full Version : RIP SDF member Roberrt

test

theboyfromxtown
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I got to know Roberrt from SDF over a period of years and met him in the flesh this year. We had a great time talking about Motown in Holland and music generally. It's really hard to believe that he's passed when he was messaging me as recently as last Friday.

This is from Rob's partner, who asked me to post it on the Forum - it's translated from the original Dutch by BING.

My dearest Rob van den Bosch on 06 January 2012 [[yesterday) suddenly died. Everything seems unreal, but now I know that full awareness will come very soon. I feel extremely supported by the many responses from all sides, Rob knew so many people and he was very loved I will miss him terribly
Rob is in Almere, his hometown, cremated, but the date and time will still be communicated.
Thanks again dear people!

ralpht
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
So sorry to learn this, John. Roberrt was a very nice guy that I communicated with a couple of times.

sophisticated_soul
01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
John, I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend. Is this the same person that posts here as Robbert?

westgrandboulevard
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm very sorry indeed to hear this news, John.

While I never met Roberrt, there is a certain reassurance in seeing familiar names checking in here on SDF.

It's as if we all do know each other very well.

I'm saddened to know that 'the last post' has now been made by Robbert...

theboyfromxtown
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
John, I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend. Is this the same person that posts here as Robbert?

Yes it is Joe.

Rob was posting on Facebook up to last Friday and by Sunday he was gone. It's hard to deal with.

One of the worst things of getting old is that you have to deal with more passings and it just doesn't get any easier.

I'm told it was a massive brain haemorrhage - I looked it up but I wished I hadn't.

grapevine
01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
...thanks for letting us know xtown ...I remember Robbert from the 'early' days of the old Motown Bulletin Boards ...we're talking a mere 10 years ago ...always an interesting poster ...always a big Motown fan ...God bless him

:)

sophisticated_soul
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes it is Joe.

Rob was posting on Facebook up to last Friday and by Sunday he was gone. It's hard to deal with.

One of the worst things of getting old is that you have to deal with more passings and it just doesn't get any easier.

I'm told it was a massive brain haemorrhage - I looked it up but I wished I hadn't.

Thanks John. It's never easy to lose anyone we know my friend, and at our age that is something we have to deal with more often. I didn't know Roberrt well but we had exchanged some pleasant posts. Sadly, another poster, motown lover [[Howard) recently lost his partner of 14 years [[see the Nighflight thread of 1/1/13). Take care my friend. One day at a time.

Doug-Morgan
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Sad news. You get to know people on boards like this in a unique way, and although I never met or communicated directly with Roberrt, I feel like I've lost a dear friend just the same.....

blueskies
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I believe this is the Robert that corrected my "French" a few years ago. I posted something in French [[rather quickly in response to someone elses post in French) and Robert wrote he spoke French and 'had no idea what I had written'...in the kindest manner. I went back and re-read what I had posted and it was [[embarrassingly) Greek to me! My grandparents came from France and we spoke French at home growing up. Apparently, my writing skills were a little rusty. Anyway....Robert and I both had a good laugh over my 'Greek French'! So sorry to hear of his passing.

MotownSteve
01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Roberrt was a friend of mine on this board and we communicated on occasion. I was very saddened by the news and will miss him.

marv2
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
This is sad. Rest in peace Robbert.

Marv

Jerry Oz
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I never had the opportunity to meet this gentleman, but my prayers go out to his family and loved ones. It's so difficult to make it when a loved one passes.

So sad...

robb_k
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
So sorry to hear that Robbert has passed on. We shared more than our first names, -also the love of Motown and Soul music. He was a very interesting poster, who contributed a lot of good information.

I had planned to meet him in person, being that I'm also in The Netherlands, but just never got around to it. Now I see that one shouldn't procrastinate. Also being a senior citizen, it shows me how precious life is. We'll miss him here.

mark speck
01-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Sorry to hear this...RIP, Robbert, and thank you for your contributions to the Forum. :[[

Best,

Mark

Kamasu_Jr
01-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear this. Robbert was a good guy.

midnight johnny
01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
It so saddens me to hear of Robbert's passing. So many of us knew him from years of chatting with him on the old Motown Board and more recently SDF. Robbert was sweet, had a wonderful un-American sense of humor, and always was there to share his extensive knowledge of Motown. I always enjoyed chatting with him on the board. It was also very special to me when he would lose sleep to listen to "Nightflight" ...he even called me once at the station...a very long distance.
Robbert.....rest in peace....
John

jobeterob
01-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks for posting this, John and others.

I, too, communicated with Robbert directly a few times and he was a friend.

Very sad and sudden how these losses can occur. Our deepest sympathy to his loved ones and family.

msjoys
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Will be lifting up Robbert's family in prayer. May God's love surround them.

copley
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Very sad to read of this. RIP Robbert.

dinelle_watson
01-16-2013, 11:02 PM
:[[ From one forum member to another, Rest in peace, Rob.