PDA

View Full Version : The Name VANDELLAS - Directly From Rosalind, Annette, & Martha Themselves

test

Methuselah2
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I happened across this 12-min. video and thought it was worth posting. My apologies if it has previously been posted on SDF. I've heard the portion with Martha before but the opening section with Rosalind and Annette was completely new to me.

You might find the video somewhat plodding and drawn-out as I did. But, ultimately, I found it worthwhile.

ONE QUESTION: Can anyone identify who is answering the issue in most of the Rosalind/Annette portion? I wasn't able to make the identification. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMoZobfJc0

marv2
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to come across this [[and others). I saw this and the other very videos posted on Motown several months ago that I just felt were too controversial to share here, hehehehehehehehehe........

stephanie
01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Although I believe the Vandellas Im thinking this was the publicity statement by Motown for Martha and she has been repeating it so many years she stuck with it.

midnightman
01-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Although I believe the Vandellas Im thinking this was the publicity statement by Motown for Martha and she has been repeating it so many years she stuck with it.

I thought the same thing.

johnny_raven
01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
ONE QUESTION: Can anyone identify who is answering the issue in most of the Rosalind/Annette portion? I wasn't able to make the identification. Thank you.

[/url]

Annette has the lower voice and does most of the talking. Rosalind has the higher pitched voice.

Methuselah2
01-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Annette has the lower voice and does most of the talking. Rosalind has the higher pitched voice.

Thanks Johnny. You're right. After I saw your reply, I replayed the video and heard Rosalind mention Martha, Annette, Gloria, and herself. Didn't catch it the first time.

midnightman
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah it took me a while to realize who was who with Martha in the vocal department. Rosalind has one of the most underrated sopranos in R&B.

rod_rick
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah it took me a while to realize who was who with Martha in the vocal department. Rosalind has one of the most underrated sopranos in R&B.

Johnny and Roz's soprano is very strong. I saw thr Orignal Vandellas in October and Roz's mic was lower than Annette [[that was louder than normal) and the lead so she didn't over power them, which gave them a great blend.

midnightman
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Johnny and Roz's soprano is very strong. I saw thr Orignal Vandellas in October and Roz's mic was lower than Annette [[that was louder than normal) and the lead so she didn't over power them, which gave them a great blend.

Good to hear. :)

summer96
01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I liked that video too!