PDA

View Full Version : BB’s Million Dollar Charitable Cruising Chrysler Smile Ad Campaign

test

mirage
01-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Here it is Detroit,passé Motowners & Ford - a neatly wrapped creative and commerciallyengineered BB cruising in my Chrysler smile. BB’s philanthropic and touching tear jerker shows BB allegedly driving[[Does BB even have a DL?) his upscale fully-loaded white Chrysler luxury car onBerry Gordy Avenue with a poignant mini-second stop in front of the ramshackleMotown Museum housing project he left behind. Kudos for the pit stop!

Detroiters get to play or replay this subtle and heartfeltBB “Reach Out and I’ll be There”commercial moment. Truly heart wrenching… makes a person misty eyed.

Where is Detroit’sinteractive successful Motown Center in its skyline andin this Chrysler ad piece? [[Motown Centermuseum, educational and entertainment complex at Woodward Avenue and the Fisher Freeway;Hitsville was to remain intact.)

Guess BB didn’t take care of Detroit; the Motown Centerreceived millions from Detroit for a simply beautiful paper constructionproject … a real Motown investment in Detroit’s future in the musicindustry.

Guess those renderings could be reproduced as paperplacements for a Motown fundraising gala … What ever happened to the actual full-blownrenderings of Motown Center … they actually belong to the City of Detroit.

Hey Ford executives … BB most likely left his Ford at thelocal Hitsville salvage yard before arriving in NYC in his Motown SpecialEdition Chrysler.

Broadway marquee looks Grand! BB’s smile … even grander. What a philanthropic guy … always thinksabout how to give back to the place and original Motowners who helped him alittle bit along the way to his and the Motown success story.

Donors and sponsors are always great with positive publicity– Chrysler and Sony must be beaming; negative publicity that involves any kindof suspected legal entanglements, real or perceived, like millions of dollarsmissing, misplaced or diverted from a charitable cause tends to make them a bitqueasy in their boardrooms.

But, what doI know… I’m simply and randomly blogging …

ralpht
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Mirage,
I think you need to lighten up a little on this. The way I see it is, Detroit gets represented in the ads and that is what should be paramount at this time.

marv2
01-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Mirage,
I think you need to lighten up a little on this. The way I see it is, Detroit gets represented in the ads and that is what should be paramount at this time.

It is one of the few times the World gets to see Detroit as something other than a ruined, depressing city.

jobeterob
01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
The point has been made several times now.................but

1. These non profit groups are still private.............they are not run by a municipal or state government and are accountable in very limited ways only.

2. Has anyone ever asked how many charitable requests Berry Gordy gets daily? Or Smokey? Or Diana? Or Lionel? It just isn't going to happen.

3. Ralph makes a good point. Let's not have SD descend into a bunch of cranky old grouches that constantly complain because they didn't do well enough.

ralpht
01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I just realized there are two of these threads.

ralpht
01-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I deleted the other thread. This one will suffice.