PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary LP/CD

test

mr_postman
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
What are the known differences between the LP editions and the CD editions of The Supremes resp. The Temptations issues?

As far as I know the tracklists are identical between both Temptations' LP and CD editions as well as between The Supremes' LP and CD editions, with the following exceptions:

* The Supremes: Forever Came Today, Some Things You Never Get Used To, The Composer, No Matter What Sign You Are, Beach Ball, Just A Little Misunderstanding and Heaven Must Have Sent You [[the latter two previously unreleased) only appear on the CD version and are appearing in stereo mixes [[with the possible exceptions of "Sign" and "Beach Ball"). Also, the Coca-Cola Commercial set to When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes appear only on the CD edition and does so in mono.

* The Temptations: Hello Young Lovers, Too Busy Thinking About My Baby, Ol' Man River [[Version 2), The Impossible Dream, I'm Gonna Make You Love, Hey Girl, Heavenly, A Song For You [[Live), I Need You and Dreammaker. Not sure about mono/stereo mixes.

*The other way around, all tracks from both LP editions were transfered to their respective CD edition counterparts.

So with the tracklist sorted out, my question boils down to: what are the differences in terms of mixes [[mono/stereo, adds/edits of vocals/instrumentation, etc.) between the tracks that appear on both the LP editions and their respective CD counterparts for both The Supremes' and The Temptations' compilations? For example, according to DFTMC, several songs appear on the The Supremes' CD edition in mono, while in stereo on the LP edition. Still, for example with "Those D.J. Shows" the booklet to Meet The Supremes: Expanded Edition claims that the "Those D.J. Shows" is making its first stereo appearence on there.

Thankful for all the help I can get sorting this out!

reese
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
On the first pressing of the Supremes' 25TH ANNIVERSARY cd, the Coke commercial set to LOVELIGHT does not appear, although the disc is labeled as such. Unfortunately, they just took the commercial set to BABY LOVE and split it in hald. I believe this mistake was corrected on subsequent pressings.

mr_postman
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Bump! Do any of you know anything about this?

honest man
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Hello i seem to remember there are some unissued songs from 63 on TEMPATIONS CD Cheers.

George Solomon
02-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I believe the same masters were used on the LP and CD editions of the Supremes 25th. Yes there were additional songs on the CD but if a song was in mono on the LP it was also in mono on the CD. The unreleased songs were from original 60's mixes and many were in mono. "Those DJ Shows" was given a new mix for MEET THE SUPREMES expanded. It was in stereo for the first time.