PDA

View Full Version : An Evening With Motown Legend Martha Reeves

test

theboyfromxtown
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
http://www.alban-arena.co.uk/events/an-evening-with-motown-legend-martha-reeves/

I hope to see some of you guys there. I'll definitely be going

jobeterob
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Wednesday 22 May 7.45pm
Tickets: £22.50

Martha Reeves was the original Queen of Motown, with a string of worldwide hits including Nowhere to Run, Jimmy Mack and Dancing In The Street.

But this is Martha Reeves like you’ve never heard her before! Looking back on the highs and lows of her extraordinary journey from secretary to superstar, and along the way, she’ll share her memories of Motown colleagues such as Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and Michael Jackson.

One of the great soul survivors, Martha has been performing around the world for more than 50 years, but says she’s only just getting started! This is not a concert. This is a chance to get up close and personal with one of the greats of the music scene. Put your own question to Martha, and maybe even have your photo taken with this Motown diva afterwards. It’s an evening no fan would want to miss.

Roberta75
01-03-2013, 11:41 PM
I am so happy for the First Lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves. I hope this is a big hit in England and pray Miss Reeves or should I call her Dr Reeves bring this to the States. Miss reeves is a true lady and will share great stories about her Motown co stars but Miss martha Reeves will not trash anyone as she's too proud and regal and ladylike to do that.

Roberta

marybrewster
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Martha [[and the Vandellas?) this Thursday in Minneapolis at the Dakota Jazz Club. I hope to sneak a picture or two, LOL.

drlorne
01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Hey Mary: maybe we can get a picture of the two of us with Martha--wouldn't that be Epic? What a way to start 2013!
Lorne

marybrewster
01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
Wouldn't that be something? I'll be bringing along a camera, as well as my cell that takes pictures. I'll be at the table right behind you with my friend T who is celebrating his birthday that night. To simplify things, I'll be the white guy, lol. How long will you be in Minneapolis?

captainjames
01-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Is this still a go ??

marybrewster
01-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Minneapolis is. Martha has two shows tonight and two shows tomorrow.