PDA

View Full Version : Why not a total Music Choice TV program devoted EXCLUSIVELY to the Sounds of Motown?

test

woodward
12-31-2012, 12:12 PM
I recently discovered that my cable provider Comcast [[Xfinity) has 46 different channels dubbed Music Choice. I went and googled Music Choice and discovered all the different varieties of music that are covered. Their web site throws Motown sounds into two different categories, R&B Classics and Solid Gold Oldies.

My personal feeling is that they should have an ENTIRE channel dedicated to the Sounds of Motown and exclusively feature Motown music from the beginning through the 1980's.

I have long felt that the Detroit radio market could justify an entire station that plays nothing but Motown, and exclusively Motown.

What do other forum members think about this? I'd be curious. Thank you.

Roberta75
12-31-2012, 01:29 PM
A few months ago I wrote Sirius Radio asking for a Martha Reeves channel. I told them they have a Elvis channel a Sinatra channel so it only fitting that they have a channel dedicated to the First Lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves.
I never heard back but intend to contact them again real soon. You may want to reach out to Sirius Radio woodward. Here is the information.

Sirius XM radio
PO Box 33174
Detroit Michigan 48232 or you can call them at 1-866-528-7474

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

marv2
12-31-2012, 01:30 PM
I recently discovered that my cable provider Comcast [[Xfinity) has 46 different channels dubbed Music Choice. I went and googled Music Choice and discovered all the different varieties of music that are covered. Their web site throws Motown sounds into two different categories, R&B Classics and Solid Gold Oldies.

My personal feeling is that they should have an ENTIRE channel dedicated to the Sounds of Motown and exclusively feature Motown music from the beginning through the 1980's.

I have long felt that the Detroit radio market could justify an entire station that plays nothing but Motown, and exclusively Motown.

What do other forum members think about this? I'd be curious. Thank you.

I agree Woodward and think that is a very good idea.

imnokid
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't Mary Wells be the First Lady Of Motown?

marv2
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Yes. Roberta enjoys mocking Martha Reeves and believes it is funny only to herself.....

Roberta75
12-31-2012, 03:18 PM

Not in my opinion dear.

Roberta

Doug-Morgan
12-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh goody, just what we need, another pedestrian channel on Music Choice. Frankly, as a music delivery service, MC is about as solid as AOL Music. It's playlist is shallow, with very little to offer besides the the obvious.

Methuselah2
12-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Woodward - I'm with you! Sign me up.

davidh
12-31-2012, 11:29 PM
i agree,motown all the way....the first 25 years