PDA

View Full Version : Robb K

test

mel
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Robb
I've been told theres a psychedelic soul part three by saxie Russell only on a acetate have you seen one or heard about one mate
Cheers mel

robb_k
12-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi Mel,
I haven't heard of that particular recording being only on acetate. But, that may be only because I wasn't paying close attention. I have seen a scan of a Saxie Russell acetate [[of a cut that never made it to vinyl, so that may very well be it. It was posted on the "Acetate" thread inside the "All About The Soul" SubForum of the "SoulSource Forums at www.soulsource.uk [[http://www.soulsource.uk). Are you a member of that Northern Soul Forum. It is the best NS forum. If you post your question on the "acetate" thread on the "All About The Soul" Forum, you will get your answer.

robb_k
12-31-2012, 08:11 PM
This is the text that accompanies the advert for the Outta Sight 7" repro of the Thomas record that "would have come out, with the acetate outtake cut on the flip:

"Saxie Russell’s Chicago dance track, the eerie “Psychedelic Soul”, has haunted the Northern Soul scene since it was first played at the legendary Catacombs Club in Wolverhampton in the early seventies, not long after it was recorded. Saxie’s real name is Vernon Taplin, a co-writer of the track along with John ‘Stormy’ Colley. Our ‘exclusive’ flip side features, for the first time, an unusual out-take that surfaced a few years ago on a studio acetate from Colley’s personal collection. Sonically, not the best recording, but historically fascinating and a unique opportunity to hear Saxie and the session players letting their hair down!"

I think I've seen a scan of that acetate on Soul Source Frum [[acetate thread), but I'm not positive. But, I certainly believe that that track is an outtake recording that was made by Saxie Russell during that recording session.

mel
01-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks robb
Yes I am on soul source mate i know the guy who has supposedly got the acetate but haven't been able to contact him yet
Many thanks robb much appreciated

ralpht
01-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Hard for me to explain, but whenever I see Mel Posting on the forum, I feel all is right with the world. Happy New Year Wingman.

mel
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Happy new year Ralph
All the very best to you and your nearest and dearest my friend

ralpht
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Mel. Take care of that bride of yours this coming year.