PDA

View Full Version : Switch

test

Kamasu_Jr
12-29-2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YiBybUKGg

splanky
12-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Dang, that was a find and a half, Kam!...That jam just brought back more than a dozen memories for me...Most of 'em good and nasty....Ooo.....

Ngroove
12-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Aw man! That was beautiful!

Seriously, when I think of Switch, I usually think "There'll Never Be", " I Call Your Name", "Love Over And Over Again", and "My Friend In The Sky". Thank you, for sharing a number even deeper than them.

soulster
12-29-2012, 05:05 PM
I had a 192 kbps mp3 rip of their first album on CD, but recently did a superior-sounding 32-bit needle drop of it from a clean 1978 vinyl album. I had three copies of it, with the Canadian pressing being the worst.

In fact, all of my Switch albums in digital form I created from my vinyl albums, and I think sound superior over whatever else is out there. If Hip-O would ever reissue their albums domestically, I would buy those.

Kamasu_Jr
12-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Switch often gets left out of the Motown history. But they were there too. I Wanna Be Closer is a classic slow jam. It's a gorgeous love ballad. Are my ears deceiving me but I think I hear Jermaine Jackson harmonizing on that track. He wrote and produced it.

soulster
12-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Switch often gets left out of the Motown history. But they were there too. I Wanna Be Closer is a classic slow jam. It's a gorgeous love ballad. Are my ears deceiving me but I think I hear Jermaine Jackson harmonizing on that track. He wrote and produced it.

It's quite possible he's on it!

Funny you should mention that song, too, because when I did my own mastering of that album, I paid particular attention to the sonics of it when trying to get the dither right.

marv2
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Aw man! That was beautiful!

Seriously, when I think of Switch, I usually think "There'll Never Be", " I Call Your Name", "Love Over And Over Again", and "My Friend In The Sky". Thank you, for sharing a number even deeper than them.

I remember they also had a dance number in 1980 called "Best Beat in Town". "There'll Never Be" was the song that was most popular with us. I can remember walking around campus with a few buddies singing it my freshman year in college.

The group was talented but ego's and drugs destroyed it.

soulster
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
My favorite album is the second one "Switch II" that came out in the late summer of 1979. I bought it on cassette, though. I was a senior in high school and had it bad for this one girl, and "I Call Your Name" is forever linked to her memory in my mind.

I recall being at a friend's house and noticed his sister had the 45 of "Best Beat In Town". I thought it was horrible the way they edited it up after being used to the album version.

I eventually replaced the tape with the vinyl a few years later. This album was probably the second album I ever digitized to CD-R when I got a computer. The first one was the Emotions' "Come Into Our World". Strangely enough, that album has still never been issued on CD.