PDA

View Full Version : Swingin" time theme circa 1966

test

Kamasu_Jr
12-28-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm probably firing a shot in the dark here, but I WAS WATCHING a dvd OF THE SHOW FROM 1966 and I noticed the theme music used at the end of the show. Wish I could upload it. But it had a Motown feel to it and I was wondering if anyone knew the title of this instrumental and if it was indeed Motown or recorded somewhere else in Detroit?

gary
12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Kam...I can still hear that song in my head after all these years. Like you said, it was a lively instrumental with a Motown feel. IIRC it was called "Old Man, Young Man" or "Young Man, Old Man" don't ask me why I remember this.

Kamasu_Jr
12-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Kam...I can still hear that song in my head after all these years. Like you said, it was a lively instrumental with a Motown feel. IIRC it was called "Old Man, Young Man" or "Young Man, Old Man" don't ask me why I remember this.

Hi Gary. Swingin' Time had several themes over the years. But that one was distinctive because it sounded like Motown--like a Vandellas or Supremes tune or maybe something a little similar to Mickey's Monkey.