PDA

View Full Version : Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band

test

RossHolloway
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Has anyone had a chance to catch the Original Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band? It has original members Victor Thomas and Tony Washington. I would love to catch this group live. I wonder why more of the original Motown acts don't band together and tour as a package: The AllStar Band, Jimmy Ruffin, Velvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas, Mary Wilson, Dennis Edwards Temps Revue, Brenda Holloway...Gosh, I wish I had the funds to bring them all together and tour the US and World.

http://www.jrwalkersallstarband.us/

bankhousedave
09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Is Vic Thomas playing with the band now? I saw them in London and didn't think there was anybody from the original. The sax guy has some of Junior's licks, but not the creativity or energy. Squealed a lot.

marv2
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Has anyone had a chance to catch the Original Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band? It has original members Victor Thomas and Tony Washington. I would love to catch this group live. I wonder why more of the original Motown acts don't band together and tour as a package: The AllStar Band, Jimmy Ruffin, Velvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas, Mary Wilson, Dennis Edwards Temps Revue, Brenda Holloway...Gosh, I wish I had the funds to bring them all together and tour the US and World.

http://www.jrwalkersallstarband.us/

They have. They just did two big assed tours called the "Legends of Motown" of the U.K. and in Februrary in Australia. If there was a smart promoter that really wanted to make the cash, they would bring the tour here to the U.S.

marv2
09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
"The Legends of Motown Tour" 2010

RossHolloway
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes, the site says that Vic Thomas is a part of the band! I'd love to see them in concert.

bankhousedave
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Amazing. Thanks Ross.

adrian
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
The sax guy has some of Junior's licks, but not the creativity or energy. Squealed a lot.

Isn't he Junior's nephew or something?
:)

robbert
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Marv, please help me out. Who are the artists on the pic, from left to right?

luke
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
As I recall the tour was a smash in Australia.