View Full Version : Maurice White NOT dead

test

BayouMotownMan
12-21-2012, 01:49 PM
It was just announced that this was an Internet hoax. How cruel

rod_rick
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
It was just announced that this was an Internet hoax. How cruel

That is cruel because Maurice is not in the best of health. I think he has M S. which took him off the road in 1994.

marv2
12-21-2012, 02:33 PM
That is cruel because Maurice is not in the best of health. I think he has M S. which took him off the road in 1994.

He has Parkinson's disease real bad.

skooldem1
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
What is cruel is people continuing to pass the story on without knowing facts. It is also cruel to discuss someone's death before the family even puts it out there. This place is like a game to see who can announce the death of someone first.

soulster
12-21-2012, 06:09 PM
What is cruel is people continuing to pass the story on without knowing facts. It is also cruel to discuss someone's death before the family even puts it out there. This place is like a game to see who can announce the death of someone first.

You tell 'em, brother! What's worse is that Ralph doesn't lock or remove these death threads when they turn out to be hoaxes.

Kamasu_Jr
12-22-2012, 02:59 PM

I agree. I do not understand why some are so eager to pass on sad news.

soulster
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
OTOH, look at it this way: it's a break from the multitudes of Diana Ross threads...unless rumors start floating around about her demise.:p

smark21
12-22-2012, 03:25 PM
OTOH, look at it this way: it's a break from the multitudes of Diana Ross threads...unless rumors start floating around about her demise.:p

When Diana Ross started trending on twitter last night, some thought she had just died. Then they realize it was because of the Christmas in Washington special that aired on TNT last night.

rod_rick
12-22-2012, 05:12 PM

I don't think folks are eager to pass on sad news as this, but there are so many times when the news don't get passed on and we wonder why no one reported it. This one was just a mistake. Generally Rick is right on the money when it come to reporting information. FOr example, he informed us that Linda Howard of High Inergy was ill for a long time with kidney problems which caused her demise. I for one is thankful that he shared the information with us. When the question was brought up about Maurice White I went to several sites to verify the information. I saw it on wikipedia and then it was removed. Once Phillip Bailey verified it on his facebook page I figured it was not true. This was an honest mistke folks with no malice intended.

soulster
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
When Diana Ross started trending on twitter last night, some thought she had just died. Then they realize it was because of the Christmas in Washington special that aired on TNT last night.

I am not familiar with that special, so I don't know what happened. But, as with the tweets and Facebook sites, and some irresponsibility of users posting erroneous info about the Newtown, CT shooting, I wish people would be more responsible with what they put out there, because some people take everything they read on sight as gospel.

Kamasu_Jr
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't think folks are eager to pass on sad news as this, but there are so many times when the news don't get passed on and we wonder why no one reported it. This one was just a mistake. Generally Rick is right on the money when it come to reporting information. FOr example, he informed us that Linda Howard of High Inergy was ill for a long time with kidney problems which caused her demise. I for one is thankful that he shared the information with us. When the question was brought up about Maurice White I went to several sites to verify the information. I saw it on wikipedia and then it was removed. Once Phillip Bailey verified it on his facebook page I figured it was not true. This was an honest mistke folks with no malice intended.
I gotta agree with you on this one and give BayouMan a pass here. If it were not for him, Linda Howard's passing might not have gotten on the forum. Like Dee Harvey's recent passing, it was one that the news underreported.

milven
12-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree with some of the opinions above. No one is having a contest to see who can post a death first. That is just morbid. But , knowing that we are all music fans, there are some deaths that are not reported in the main media until days or weeks have passed and then it is just a small blurb. So the people who are posting a death here are doing it , not to be morbid, but to give us info that we are probably interested in.

Unless Ralph is on a holiday break, there is no excuse for him to keep some of these threads up. He could lock them, delete them, or [[this is what I would do) edit the first post at top of thread and saying this
SINCE THIS THREAD WAS POSTED, IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THE REPORT WAS INACURATE, AND THAT MAURICE WHITE IS VERY MUCH ALIVE